Is partition of the United States inevitable?

This article, written by a liberal Democrat last month, claims that it is:

THE UNITED STATES WILL SOON BE AT AN END.

After 8/8, and the profound rage and division which have followed, we are in vastly greater danger than perhaps ever before in our history.

And no one is backing down, but rather the stakes are being raised higher and higher.

So it seems we have two choices:

1) Peaceful partition into a) rational territories and b) irrational territories

2) Civil war (which will result in the above, but after incalculable violence and death)

Is there a third option, or is this country at an end?
3. Not give into the extremist teenage angst and find the middle ground like we almost always have in the past

California alone would become something like 10 states, it's true.

But this madness cannot continue, and peaceful partition, though difficult, is preferable to civil war.
It would take a civil war to force a liberal or conservative out of their home state.

It ain't gonna happen. My state is purple but I guess leans left. Is someone gonna FORCE me out of the state I grew up 8n?

This article, written by a liberal Democrat last month, claims that it is:

THE UNITED STATES WILL SOON BE AT AN END.

After 8/8, and the profound rage and division which have followed, we are in vastly greater danger than perhaps ever before in our history.

And no one is backing down, but rather the stakes are being raised higher and higher.

So it seems we have two choices:

1) Peaceful partition into a) rational territories and b) irrational territories

2) Civil war (which will result in the above, but after incalculable violence and death)

Is there a third option, or is this country at an end?

Is partition of the United States inevitable?​

No…sadly, nutless conservatives will do what nutless conservatives have done for decades…they’ll take it in the ass and concede and then pretend they didn’t. That’s what they do.

3. Not give into the extremist teenage angst and find the middle ground like we almost always have in the past

This isn't the past. The left keeps drifting further and further left while the right keeps pressing towards constitutionalism. There is no middle ground between Communism and constitutionalism. There is more middle ground between the Palestinians and the Jews.

The only way to save at least half of this country is to divide it in half, north to south. We have a national vote which side is conservative and which side is liberal. We have a land trade-off. If you own a 2500 square foot house in the now liberal country, you can trade for a 2500 square foot house in the new conservative country. Then we conservatives will erect a huge Trump wall to keep the liberals out of our country.

If you are a liberal that refuses to move out of the conservative country, you can stay, but you can't vote, can't protest, and be put to death if you riot. The libs can make their own rules about conservatives that don't want to leave their country.

Everybody would be happy again. The lib side could tax their job creators 90% if they want. They can disarm everybody in their country including the police. They may even choose not to have police. They can make attempts to supply all their energy from windmills and solar farms. They can have as many illegals as they desire per year. They can make all recreational narcotics legal, and have all companies be unionized.

On our side firearms would be legal to anybody except for felons. We would tax our job producers at a low rate. We would give full authority to our police to use any means necessary to apprehend criminals including deadly force. Our social programs would involve private investment, and government supporting only those that have no ability to support themselves. On our side men would be men and women would be women. Our schools would be allowed to teach religion again.

Not unusual that a liberal democrat will foresee a violent separation of social cultures rather than a peaceful political solution.
Well, as long as all conservatives are put in camps...

It can’t be done. Ok. We talked about California and military hardware. Let’s pretend the split was amiable. Good so far. Now we no longer have free travel state to state. California is part of a new country. We can call it the LSA or WSA.

To reach Arizona and New Mexico not to mention Utah and Nevada the Cargo has to travel inland from Western Ports. California, Oregon, and Washington all decide to charge a Tariff.

There is no way. No way in hell that those Conservative States agree to pay the Liberals for the stuff they already paid for.

I am serious. They’ll go to war before the let the Liberals rip them off.

The Onion did a future news show.

In it the last Palestinian and the last Israeli were still fighting. Funny? Yes. True? Almost certainly.

Everyone has to be willing to live in peace. And people aren’t willing.

There was a Poll. In it most people said that they would rather earn $50,000 a year if everyone else was earning $25,000 a year than $100,000 a year if everyone else was making $200,000 a year.

Imagine that for a moment. Most people would rather be worse off if they are better than their peers. Jealousy and revenge are the guiding forces today. That won’t stop. And both sides imagine the other will just fall down and die if the battles start. Exactly the same attitudes that existed in 1860 I might add.

I’m not surprised we are headed for a Civil War. I am surprised it hasn’t kicked off yet.

Nobody will see it. Not until they are breathing their last. Not until it is too late. What makes me sad is how many friends I’ve seen sacrifice everything. So this nation could tear itself apart.

The war will start. It will go nuclear. And it will be ugly and result in billions dead. Perhaps the survivors will manage to create a world worthy of the sacrifices of so many in history. But I doubt it. Humanity won’t live in peace.

Some very good points, but I think it's workable.

If the rational and irrational have their sovereignty, cooperation can happen.

The I/P thing...

It ignores the massive terror inflicted on the Palestinians, the sole cause of their uprisings.

The Democrats have weaponized the government against their political adversaries.

This is unprecedented, and has torn the country apart.

Pretending otherwise will not change reality, and that reality has placed us on the brink of either civil war, or peaceful partition.

It would take a civil war to force a liberal or conservative out of their home state.

It ain't gonna happen. My state is purple but I guess leans left. Is someone gonna FORCE me out of the state I grew up 8n?
Good point/question.

No one will be forced to go anywhere.

People would be free to choose to live in whichever of the states they choose - rational or irrational.

Is partition of the United States inevitable?​

No…sadly, nutless conservatives will do what nutless conservatives have done for decades…they’ll take it in the ass and concede and then pretend they didn’t. That’s what they do.
January 2023 will tell the tale.

If Garland isn't spending all his days before Congress or behind bars, and Kamala's home hasn't been raided in a search for illegal drugs - among other necessary retribution - the nutless conservatives will have won.

Partition? No.

I'd be happy if all the people who don't like America just simply left. If you don't like where you live you don't tell everyone else to change, you just leave and go somewhere you do like. It's all of our home so it's unfair to make everyone change, so the ones that don't like it should go.

And they can take all the blame America first, argumentative, soft, weak willed, closed minded, feelings based fags and trannies with them.

They all go find or build their utopia and everyone left behind gets their utopia. It's a win win.

The problem is they won't leave. How many of the entertainment types have said they were going to leave over Roe? To my knowledge, none of them left. They made the same threat with Trump and twice with GW. Most all of them still here.

So there has to be a forcible divide. The way things are going, we only have two choices: Save half of the country, or risk losing the entire thing.

This isn't the past. The left keeps drifting further and further left while the right keeps pressing towards constitutionalism. There is no middle ground between Communism and constitutionalism. There is more middle ground between the Palestinians and the Jews.

The only way to save at least half of this country is to divide it in half, north to south. We have a national vote which side is conservative and which side is liberal. We have a land trade-off. If you own a 2500 square foot house in the now liberal country, you can trade for a 2500 square foot house in the new conservative country. Then we conservatives will erect a huge Trump wall to keep the liberals out of our country.

If you are a liberal that refuses to move out of the conservative country, you can stay, but you can't vote, can't protest, and be put to death if you riot. The libs can make their own rules about conservatives that don't want to leave their country.

Everybody would be happy again. The lib side could tax their job creators 90% if they want. They can disarm everybody in their country including the police. They may even choose not to have police. They can make attempts to supply all their energy from windmills and solar farms. They can have as many illegals as they desire per year. They can make all recreational narcotics legal, and have all companies be unionized.

On our side firearms would be legal to anybody except for felons. We would tax our job producers at a low rate. We would give full authority to our police to use any means necessary to apprehend criminals including deadly force. Our social programs would involve private investment, and government supporting only those that have no ability to support themselves. On our side men would be men and women would be women. Our schools would be allowed to teach religion again.
This is really interesting - thank you for really taking the time to flesh out a potential political/social map!

I see definite problems in denying any resident the right to vote without very good cause, and the political makeup of the states/countries would be diluted regardless, as within 20 years, you'd have a new generation of voters, many reacting against the dominant norms in their state/country.

I also think, especially after seeing the feedback here, that you'd have to create as many as 4 new countries to accommodate the splits within states, so I don't think North/South really works. (See Texas for instance, where the SE is pretty liberal.)

But it's interesting to see what this might look like, and I like a lot of what you've lain out. :)

This is really interesting - thank you for really taking the time to flesh out a potential political/social map!

I see definite problems in denying any resident the right to vote without very good cause, and the political makeup of the states/countries would be diluted regardless, as within 20 years, you'd have a new generation of voters, many reacting against the dominant norms in their state/country.

I also think, especially after seeing the feedback here, that you'd have to create as many as 4 new countries to accommodate the splits within states, so I don't think North/South really works. (See Texas for instance, where the SE is pretty liberal.)

But it's interesting to see what this might look like, and I like a lot of what you've lain out. :)

I see a conservative country and a liberal country. Those in between would just have to choose a side.

How many posters on USMB do you see that tell us they have no political affiliation or are Independent, but side with liberal policies and situations 90% of the time?

I can't take full credit for this idea. I call it Mom's Law. When my siblings and I would fight, after everything else failed, Mom would separate us into different rooms. Of course it's no fun playing by yourself, and we eventually found a way to play together in peace.

That's what needs to happen with this country. When the liberals tax businesses so high they all move to our side, when they see the massive crime that takes place because people can't protect themselves with guns, when they see there is no possible way to survive with renewable energy, when they see what happens to their society when they usher in millions of desperate immigrants, when people can't even leave their home at night because there is no police authority, they will finally have to give in to us when their society completely fails.

There is no way any first world country can survive with massive crime, no jobs, no wealthy people, taxed to death, half the people or more on social programs, and spend trillions on thinking they're saving the world with low carbon emissions. It can't work, but you also can't explain that to them either. They have to create the world they claim to love to understand that for themselves.

Then down the road one day, unite as the United States of America again.

The Democrats have weaponized the government against their political adversaries.
Not really.
This is unprecedented, and has torn the country apart.
Not really.
Pretending otherwise will not change reality, and that reality has placed us on the brink of either civil war, or peaceful partition.
It's not pretending. The vast majority of Americans fall in the middle and don't trust either party further than they can throw them.

Not going to happen. Any rebellion by rednecks is going to be put down brutally just as it was the last time. Unfortunately, force is all they understand so at some point there will be a large uprising (possibly a couple of hundred yokels). They may occupy a building or two in a mid-sized city. The support they thought they were going to get won't materialize and they'll either be arrested or go out in a blaze of glory just like they do on their video games that they have played WAYYYYY too often.

Good lord, people cant even comment on your stupidity and hackery without your narcissism showing.
You make trump look humble :lol:
Crazy how similar you two are, DESPITE him completely breaking you :rofl:

Mac1958 MO is:

act like an ass
Someone says "you're an ass"
Mac says "You people can't stop obsessing about me"
Mac is happy

It's so juvenile

Not going to happen. Any rebellion by rednecks is going to be put down brutally just as it was the last time. Unfortunately, force is all they understand so at some point there will be a large uprising (possibly a couple of hundred yokels). They may occupy a building or two in a mid-sized city. The support they thought they were going to get won't materialize and they'll either be arrested or go out in a blaze of glory just like they do on their video games that they have played WAYYYYY too often.

Due to a stunning lack of imagination and cognition, corny thinks we are like the CHAZ/CHOP fools in Portland. The above is an exact description. Heh

I see a conservative country and a liberal country. Those in between would just have to choose a side.

How many posters on USMB do you see that tell us they have no political affiliation or are Independent, but side with liberal policies and situations 90% of the time?

I can't take full credit for this idea. I call it Mom's Law. When my siblings and I would fight, after everything else failed, Mom would separate us into different rooms. Of course it's no fun playing by yourself, and we eventually found a way to play together in peace.

That's what needs to happen with this country. When the liberals tax businesses so high they all move to our side, when they see the massive crime that takes place because people can't protect themselves with guns, when they see there is no possible way to survive with renewable energy, when they see what happens to their society when they usher in millions of desperate immigrants, when people can't even leave their home at night because there is no police authority, they will finally have to give in to us when their society completely fails.

There is no way any first world country can survive with massive crime, no jobs, no wealthy people, taxed to death, half the people or more on social programs, and spend trillions on thinking they're saving the world with low carbon emissions. It can't work, but you also can't explain that to them either. They have to create the world they claim to love to understand that for themselves.

Then down the road one day, unite as the United States of America again.
Interesting and ultimately hopeful take; Atlas Shrugging, but the country then settling into unity.

I'm deeply & primarily concerned about what's happened in the last 6 years in terms of gravely unconstitutional attacks on basic affirmed rights, this best represented by the twin viper heads of the endless lunatic attacks on Trump and ultimately, the Covid Con.

And now 8/8, on the heels of the massive IRS expansion about to be signed into law - the permastate and Democrats in complete lockstep - and uncertainly about whether Republicans have the intention or will to mount any real challenge to any of this in January.

This is where I am much more so than concerns about taxation or crime or even illegal immigration, as serious as those issues are.

The Democrats and permastate have weaponized the entire governemnt against The People and our Constitution, and this cannot stand.

Forum List

Back