Is partition of the United States inevitable?

No. More likely we'll just see much more obvious and pronounced differences as we move from state to state, based mostly on the degree of obedient submission to Christianity. So, closer to the Middle East than Europe. The more secular states will be more free, and the more religious states will be more authoritarian and, uh, religious.
The new map will be insane to be sure, but secular authoritarianism, as evidenced by the massive Covid Con, can be far more destructive than any alleged or imagined state more observant of religion.

Partition? No.

I'd be happy if all the people who don't like America just simply left. If you don't like where you live you don't tell everyone else to change, you just leave and go somewhere you do like. It's all of our home so it's unfair to make everyone change, so the ones that don't like it should go.

And they can take all the blame America first, argumentative, soft, weak willed, closed minded, feelings based fags and trannies with them.

They all go find or build their utopia and everyone left behind gets their utopia. It's a win win.
I don't think that's going to work.

There are no new frontiers.

Best to divide and let the rational and irrational choose as they see fit.

This article, written by a liberal Democrat last month, claims that it is:

THE UNITED STATES WILL SOON BE AT AN END.

After 8/8, and the profound rage and division which have followed, we are in vastly greater danger than perhaps ever before in our history.

And no one is backing down, but rather the stakes are being raised higher and higher.

So it seems we have two choices:

1) Peaceful partition into a) rational territories and b) irrational territories

2) Civil war (which will result in the above, but after incalculable violence and death)

Is there a third option, or is this country at an end?
It's already partitioned into 50 states.

There are apparently way too many hot-heads in both parties.
Talk is cheap, until the whining turns to shooting the cooler heads will prevail.
November is coming, so the pendulum will swing back to Republicans after seeing how fucked-up the democrats driving the bus has been.
After Republicans fuck up, the democrats will get another turn.
That's how its been ever since I can remember.
I'm not seeing one party dominate over the long term, they always fuck up royally.
IF...

A massive Republican victory this fall leads to a shit show in early 2023 in which every deranged Democrat insurrectionest is called on the congressional carpet for the next 2+ years...

We MIGHT be able to avoid partition.

California alone would become something like 10 states, it's true.

But this madness cannot continue, and peaceful partition, though difficult, is preferable to civil war.
I'm all for getting rid of those in America whose proclaimed goal is to take down America. Is there something wrong with that? I can see how it's entirely doable as well. Helicopter rides would be good.

If the democrats steal the election again, the shit will hit the fan.

This "Raid on Mar-a-Lago" by the Reich has already pushed us solidly into open warfare.

The democrats are sitting on a powder keg and giving off sparks.
We are in deep, deep, DEEP trouble as a nation...

The problem is politics are more powerful than the law.

Example: Hilary compromised the highest level of security documents on her bathroom server. Absolutely proven by the FBI, a couple of IGs and she even admitted to having the server.

No prosecution by any DOJ, no adverse action except public opinion. She even ran for president and almost won.

Trump takes home some classified documents (just accept it for argument). DOJ has his home raided, half the public is up in arms. Regardless of outcome his treatment is far worse than Hillary.

So if the DOJ opts not to prosecute, the only repercussions are political. If he decides to raid the home of a former president, we can be sure the only repercussions are political.
If the Democrats destroy Trump, the trouble will deeply deepen, and BIGLY.

Attacking Congress while performing it's Constitutional duties is hardly defending the Constitution. Attempting to de-certify a valid election with hearsay and baseless allegations having been thrown out of nearly every State and federal court they were challenged in, is not defending the Constitution.

Like the Neo-GOP's baseless attack on the DOJ and Law Enforcement in general, not really defending the Constitution.
Case in point in terms of how divided we are in perception and belief... :(

Peaceful partition may be the only way to proceed.

Czechoslovakia split into two after the fall of the Soviet Union.... And they did so amicably. Now it's Slovakia and the Czech Republic. It would be nice if we could do the same but I doubt it. For one blue States and red States are spread out all over in spite of some concentrations here and there. It would require too much physical restructuring to begin with, I think. New York and California are on a similar page together but are at total opposite ends of the country. How would that be worked out?? (It wouldn't). And the biggest problem with that is that we would need a federally arbitrated caucus of proposed new territories. And unfortunately it's our Democrat dominated federal government right now which would be a conflict of interest. The states would have to agree on their own terms and say f*** the feds. It's possible that THREE territories could work, theoretically anyway.... With East Coast blue States being faction A, West Coast blue States being faction B, and the red and purple States from the central and southern US being faction C or C&D

Some type of economic interdependency should also be maintained as a new system of checks and balances. But personally I really think it's just too complicated too do that much diplomatically.

Also, essentially DC would have to be liquidated as the nation's capitol. It could possibly remain as the capital of faction A as long as it was properly downsized. Then perhaps faction B could have Sacramento as its capital. And faction C & D could have Houston and Billings or Salt Lake City.

I think four quarters could work, with two quarters being red and two quarters being blue.
^ Thread win.

The Rational States, Somewhat Rational States, Somewhat Irrational States, and Irrational States could work!

:)

I'm all for getting rid of those in America whose proclaimed goal is to take down America. Is there something wrong with that? I can see how it's entirely doable as well. Helicopter rides would be good.
I'd just like to avoid civil war and the possible nuclear annihilation of the planet please.

Peaceful partition would achieve that. :)

It'll be messy, but partition can be done.

The alternative - which could include nuclear annihilation of the planet - is unthinkable.

It can’t be done. Ok. We talked about California and military hardware. Let’s pretend the split was amiable. Good so far. Now we no longer have free travel state to state. California is part of a new country. We can call it the LSA or WSA.

To reach Arizona and New Mexico not to mention Utah and Nevada the Cargo has to travel inland from Western Ports. California, Oregon, and Washington all decide to charge a Tariff.

There is no way. No way in hell that those Conservative States agree to pay the Liberals for the stuff they already paid for.

I am serious. They’ll go to war before the let the Liberals rip them off.

The Onion did a future news show.

In it the last Palestinian and the last Israeli were still fighting. Funny? Yes. True? Almost certainly.

Everyone has to be willing to live in peace. And people aren’t willing.

There was a Poll. In it most people said that they would rather earn $50,000 a year if everyone else was earning $25,000 a year than $100,000 a year if everyone else was making $200,000 a year.

Imagine that for a moment. Most people would rather be worse off if they are better than their peers. Jealousy and revenge are the guiding forces today. That won’t stop. And both sides imagine the other will just fall down and die if the battles start. Exactly the same attitudes that existed in 1860 I might add.

I’m not surprised we are headed for a Civil War. I am surprised it hasn’t kicked off yet.

Nobody will see it. Not until they are breathing their last. Not until it is too late. What makes me sad is how many friends I’ve seen sacrifice everything. So this nation could tear itself apart.

The war will start. It will go nuclear. And it will be ugly and result in billions dead. Perhaps the survivors will manage to create a world worthy of the sacrifices of so many in history. But I doubt it. Humanity won’t live in peace.

Not unusual that a liberal democrat will foresee a violent separation of social cultures rather than a peaceful political solution.

You mean like an election? Where the people speak and select a President and the people get behind the opposition if they lose? Haven’t seen that in a while.

Forum List

Back