Zone1 Is It Wrong To Pray At A Restaurant?

I wouldn't think so because I think that it classifies of freedom of religion. I'm asking because for special occasions like Thanksgiving and Christmas my fiancée and I like to say blessings over our meals and this year for Thanksgiving we're going to Perkins. Now back in the day that wouldn't have been a problem at all and I am less worried about attracting attention than I am about when it comes to today's day and age of persecutions against Christians.

In the restaurant business it's called PAY & PRAY!

I wouldn't think so because I think that it classifies of freedom of religion. I'm asking because for special occasions like Thanksgiving and Christmas my fiancée and I like to say blessings over our meals and this year for Thanksgiving we're going to Perkins. Now back in the day that wouldn't have been a problem at all and I am less worried about attracting attention than I am about when it comes to today's day and age of persecutions against Christians.

Living with family and near neighbors who do it, I am subjected to it, but I don't consider it appropriate. I think it should be reserved for church and home. If one must do it in a public space, it should be far more discreet than a restaurant setting.

This is a free country. You have every right to do so. Anyone complains....Go sacrifice a chicken and shut up. Now pass me the pepper please.

What's wrong with saying grace at any table before you eat .....

Oh that's right
Someone will be fake offended ,outraged,and not feel safe

What's wrong with saying grace at any table before you eat .....

Oh that's right
Someone will be fake offended ,outraged,and not feel safe
Reasonable people will make allowances for Cultists if prayers are said in 20 seconds , say , with taste and without ostentation .
I believe all traditions can add to the cultural heritage . And , of course , it brings some light hearted fun to spectators watching quaint old practices .

Attend some of the game suppers on my turf......they always inspire prayer

1699614845781.png

~S~

A restaurant is not a church. How would you like it if the people sitting next to you in church were discussing a ball game?

If they weren't discussing it during the sermon then I don't see an issue with it and Unkotare, what's wrong with going out for an early Thanksgiving dinner?

It needs no justification whatsoever.

That is the why the 1951 Rockwell is so famous

Forum List

Back