Zone1 Is it true you "have to go through Hell before you get to Heaven"?

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022
Ok, maybe you've heard the song by Steve Miller band with those lyrics

But my experiences in life tell me that, yeh, you definitely have to go through Hell b4 you get to heaven.. which is why few make it, I think. Jesus said that few find the narrow way to Heaven. Canonized saints say the same thing. See Mt 7:21 and Lk 13:24.

Also, the Virgin Mary appeared to someone (can't recall which apparition this was) and told them that no one gets to Heaven without suffering.

Just following Jesus in a Jesus hating world is a lot ofsuffering..

But my experiences in life tell me that, yeh, you definitely have to go through Hell b4 you get to heaven.. which is why few make it, I think. Jesus said that few find the narrow way to Heaven. Canonized saints say the same thing. See Mt 7:21 and Lk 13:24.

Also, the Virgin Mary appeared to someone (can't recall which apparition this was) and told them that no one gets to Heaven without suffering.

Why would suffering be a requirement from a goodly God? Why does this religious shit always have to be so fucking weird and nonsensical?

I wouldn't put money on the lyrics of a rock band on how to get to Heaven.
Might want to bone up by reading the Bible.

I wouldn't put money on the lyrics of a rock band on how to get to Heaven.
Might want to bone up by reading the Bible.

I hear you loud and clear.

DMQosEsW4AAU5LA.jpg

• Banned
Why would suffering be a requirement from a goodly God? Why does this religious shit always have to be so fucking weird and nonsensical?
so now you are going to tell me you never suffer

right.

If bidum being "president" doesn't cause massive suffering.. something aint right w/ u

• Banned
I have asked Him this many times.. so far, no real answer.. Maybe it is because Jesus suffered so much and if we are not willing to do so ourselves.. well, who knows?

just a thought.

Why don't you ask God yourself and maybe we can all get a great answer?

:dunno:

LOL I now made that my profile picture for Halloween. Jesus really is for anybody even when they don't have one. :auiqs.jpg:

I did mention personal experience

Now please argue with that
Why would I argue that? I didn't know you were looking for an argument.
I just don't think that a person HAS to go through hell to get to Heaven. Why?
Our sins have already been forgiven with the Crucifixion of Christ.
You just have to truly believe that our Lord is our Savior.

There is no "requirement" for pain and suffering, it's just part of life.

Wyatt
"I just want a normal life"
Doc
"There is no normal life Wyatt, there is just life"

Been Here almost 70 years, I hope so.

There is no "requirement" for pain and suffering, it's just part of life.

Wyatt
"I just want a normal life"
Doc
"There is no normal life Wyatt, there is just life"
I didn't make the Rules. Complain to God. I am just repeating what the Virgin Mary said or probably said and then there is what St Paul said

"It is necessary tht we undergo many hardships in order to enter the Kingdom of Heaven"

Human nature is a train wreck.. takes a lot to fix a train wreck.. right?

I didn't make the Rules. Complain to God. I am just repeating what the Virgin Mary said or probably said and then there is what St Paul said

"It is necessary tht we undergo many hardships in order to enter the Kingdom of Heaven"

Human nature is a train wreck.. takes a lot to fix a train wreck.. right?

I'm not complaining about anything, just stating the facts as I see them.

But my experiences in life tell me that, yeh, you definitely have to go through Hell b4 you get to heaven.
Years ago, I heard this:

The question is not: In this life, will I suffer? The question is: In this life how will I suffer?

I do not associate our earthly sufferings with hell, because I learned hell is separation from God. God has been here for me. And so has suffering.

There is suffering on this earth, but earth and hell are two different locations. Followers of Jesus have no place in hell.
As for suffering here on earth, you can attribute all suffering on this earth to the one who was given dominion over this earth from Adam. Satan creates the suffering on this earth. And he hates Christ and Christians. But the suffering that we endure day to day because our president is an idiot, or our car broke down, or we just got fired isn't the type of suffering Jesus was referring to. Having your head removed is more in line with what He was describing. For instance, if you miss the Rapture and come to find Jesus during the Tribulation, you will receive the same treatment as the disciples and other Christians endured after Christ's death and resurrection.
Don't worry about it though and don't deny Him if you are ever in that position. All the enemy is doing is sending you home. You win. :)

Forum List

Back