Zone1 Is it true you "have to go through Hell before you get to Heaven"?

There is suffering on this earth, but earth and hell are two different locations. Followers of Jesus have no place in hell.
I stopped here.

If you are saying Christians are exempt from suffering.. you are LYING.

I have never once met a person, Christian or otherwise who didn't suffer.

So, if you are going to suffer, it may b good to offer such sufferings up, along w/ the sufferings @ Calvary of OUr Lord-- for some good purpose .. like repentance of those in mortal sin so they will avoid Hell..

if you miss the Rapture and come to find Jesus during the Tribulation, you will receive the same treatment as the disciples and other Christians endured after Christ's death and resurrection.
Don't worry about it though and don't deny Him if you are ever in that position. All the enemy is doing is sending you home. You win. :)
Well, Catholics have a different view of end times stuff and I don't pay much attn to all that bc whatever is going to happen, as ordained by God vis a vis end times is going to happen.. as you imply here..

I don't believe in the Rapture as taught by most.. it is saying Jesus comes 3 times when he only comes twice

Well, Catholics have a different view of end times stuff and I don't pay much attn to all that bc whatever is going to happen, as ordained by God vis a vis end times is going to happen.. as you imply here..

I don't believe in the Rapture as taught by most.. it is saying Jesus comes 3 times when he only comes twice

He is coming back for believers dead and alive. That hasn't happened yet.

The main reason we have to go through Hell b4 we get to Heaven:

This world is hell.. but few people under, say, the age of 40 realize that. They think that if they just do thus and so and refrain from doing thus and so other thing, their lives will be good.

Well, the world calls for you to do things Jesus doesn't want you to do (lie on your taxes or whatever). So you have to choose. Most people choose the way of the world over the Way of Jesus and so that's how people lose their souls.

But the ones who choose Jesus.. they are in Hell a lot because as Jesus said "You [my followers] will be hated by all" There are 3 Books in the Bible that have that line in it..

It is esp Hell these days to live in this world because Satan has taken over it (in case you haven't noticed). He works through the libs to attack God's people and now that we have evil people running things.. so much easier for that vile creature to do what he does

I stopped here.

If you are saying Christians are exempt from suffering.. you are LYING.

I have never once met a person, Christian or otherwise who didn't suffer.

So, if you are going to suffer, it may b good to offer such sufferings up, along w/ the sufferings @ Calvary of OUr Lord-- for some good purpose .. like repentance of those in mortal sin so they will avoid Hell..

You should have continued...

Why would suffering be a requirement from a goodly God? Why does this religious shit always have to be so fucking weird and nonsensical?
Because CHRISTIANS live in a world where Satan is god (until the Return of Christ).

And because we have FREE WILL, God tests Christians. Many have FAILED.

Ever since I began to objectively follow Christ, I have been

"in Hell"

long story (stories)

Forum List

Back