Is It Right That American Citizens Should Have To Stand Over 5 or 6 Hours In Line Just To Vote?

Yea but it was the republicans who pushed him to sign it. Clinton stabbed liberals and unions in the back when he signed it.

He assured us he put some worker and environmental protections in it but gw bush removed those regulations.

It was the far left who didn’t like nafta. Not you

I didn't care either way because it changed nothing in my life. We've been getting goods from overseas for a long time before it.

Do you know why you can't buy incandescent light bulbs in the store anymore? That's right, George W Bush. Do you know why diesel fuel went from a dollar a gallon under gasoline to over a dollar a gallon today? Yep, George W Bush again with his low sulfur restrictions. And how about Diesel Emission Fluid (DEF). If you guessed GW, correct again.

Yea but it was the republicans who pushed him to sign it. ....

:lmao:
Just like the Iraq war George bush lied us to war. It wasn’t bush and democrats because they gave him the ok. He lied to all of us. Even trump admitted it when he was running in the primaries . How did republicans let him get away with saying that if it weren’t true?

And honestly, Clinton put worker and environment protections into nafta bush 2 removed them.

Today trumps anti nafta so you’ve flip flopped.

also free trade is inevitable. It’s not nafta yes or no. Good or bad. If it’s not good for American workers that benefits corporations and investors.

and trump fixed nafta a little, for corporations not for American workers.

I love it. Our parents were truck drivers and welders and saved to send us to school so we wouldn't have to be welders and truck drivers. It's a new normal. A new America. Certainly not the great middle class we once had.

I'm in Metro Detroit. The middle class was never stronger than here. We had unions who dictate to their companies what they would pay their workers. And it worked, for both sides. But of course corporations didn't like it because they always want to maximize profits.

Guys like you who've been brainwashed by Republicans to hate unions choose to ignore this fact.

Ford's previous record result was the $6.9 billion it earned 1997, when its results included Associates. Annual revenue also reached a record of $162.6 billion, compared with $144.4 billion in 1998.

So no Ray, unions weren't hurting the corporations. But they were cutting into their profits that's for sure. By breaking the unions, this is one way the rich got richer and the middle class shrunk. The gap between rich and poor got wider because you Republicans pushed to have the corporations you serve send their jobs to Mexico and China.

Ray, you aren't smart. You're a house slave on the Republican plantation. An apologist. Front line soldier. Pawn.

Can you explain something to me: Why in the world would Republicans send jobs overseas as if they had any say-so in it? Republicans don't make those decisions, companies make those decisions. Republicans have nothing to do with it.

You and I both have widget companies. Your company invites unions, pays employees well plus great benefits and plenty of time off for employees. Mine pays half the salary and benefits that yours does, and we have plenty of good help. Now Walmart and Amazon call us both because they need widgets. I can sell them my widgets for $8.00 each. You can only sell yours for $12.00 each. Who do you think they are going to buy their widgets from?

And taxpayers subsidize your employees with things like foodstamps, subsidized housing and paying for their health care.

Then what will you do for employees? It was your example.

Then I would have to increase my offer to attract workers.

There are far more people than jobs. That is going to continue that way with the increased technology. Maybe you should just pay your employee's enough and not expect taxpayers to keep them from the streets and starving?

God forbid, sure wouldn't want you to develop any skills and improve your own situation instead of demanding others to take care of you.

There are far more people than jobs. That is going to continue that way with the increased technology. Maybe you should just pay your employee's enough and not expect taxpayers to keep them from the streets and starving?

Nope. Before the virus, there were plenty of jobs. I'm a retired truck driver. Before I left, there were thousands of good paying driving jobs, but you have to get off your ass and get the training for them. You have to get off the dope to pass a drug test.

Several of our customers used temporary employment. They did so to try out he workers for a few months before hiring them. When they'd get busy, they'd ask the temps if they could work more hours. Most of them refused. Why? Because if they went over a certain income in a months time, it would come out of their food stamp benefits. A friend of mine was a supervisor at a company that did the same, and he concurred. They can't depend on these people to work so they relied on their company employees to work the overtime.

God forbid, sure wouldn't want you to develop any skills and improve your own situation instead of demanding others to take care of you.

One person can do that. Millions can not. We need 20 million new engineers? 20 million new plumbers? If there is an overabundance of employee's looking for any certain job what will happen to wages in those fields?

Nope. Before the virus, there were plenty of jobs. I'm a retired truck driver. Before I left, there were thousands of good paying driving jobs, but you have to get off your ass and get the training for them. You have to get off the dope to pass a drug test.

No there wasn't. What you had was a ton of jobs in fracking driving water trucks but that is no longer the case. It's not because of the virus either.

Several of our customers used temporary employment. They did so to try out he workers for a few months before hiring them. When they'd get busy, they'd ask the temps if they could work more hours. Most of them refused. Why? Because if they went over a certain income in a months time, it would come out of their food stamp benefits. A friend of mine was a supervisor at a company that did the same, and he concurred. They can't depend on these people to work so they relied on their company employees to work the overtime.

There you go. You were hiring people that had to rely on food stamps. All the same, if they are working a job like this even part time they were getting very little in food stamps so you are full of crap.

One person can do that. Millions can not. We need 20 million new engineers? 20 million new plumbers? If there is an overabundance of employee's looking for any certain job what will happen to wages in those fields?

No, not one person can do that, hundreds of thousands can. Until all those jobs are filled up, then poverty is an excuse, not an unavoidable situation.

No, not one person can do that, hundreds of thousands can. Until all those jobs are filled up, then poverty is an excuse, not an unavoidable situation.

There is NOT hundreds of thousands of good or even decent paying jobs available.

Yep, pretty sure we don't need 20 million new plumbers, but good thing there are thousands of other professions that do just as well, when they improve their skills. Along the same lines, when you bring in 11 million uneducated, unskilled illegal immigrants, what happens to wages?

Those lines are on purpose. The red states don't put enough voting machines in the polling places
Why would that hurt biden voters more than trump voters?

of course the reason is that dems are less motivated or lazier than repubs

There is NOT hundreds of thousands of good or even decent paying jobs available.

Wait, what?!! Didn't you just say we needed 20 million new engineers and 20 million new plumbers? Isn't that 40 million new jobs?

Forum List

Back