Is It Right That American Citizens Should Have To Stand Over 5 or 6 Hours In Line Just To Vote?

Please don't talk about our president in such a manner. He came by his half billion dollar inheritance honestly!

He never had a half-billion dollars. His father wasn't worth near that, and the inheritance money was divided among Donald and several of his siblings. A granddaughter also sued for some of that money, but the results of that suit were never released to the public.

Nonsense ^ :)

Do you think you're the first to pull that leftist trick; providing sites you have to subscribe to?

But news reports show that it’s a bit of a mystery how much Trump inherited from his father, Fred Sr. When he died in 1999, the New York Times reported that "his estate has been estimated by the family at $250 million to $300 million." The New York Daily News reported at the time that the estate was worth $100 million to $300 million based on family estimates.

The New York Times reported Jan. 2 that Fred Sr.’s will "divided the bulk of the inheritance, at least $20 million, among his children and their descendants, ‘other than my son Fred C. Trump Jr.’ "

Some of the grandchildren sued, and an "amicable" settlement was worked out.

A National Journal writer, S.V. Dáte, estimated Trump started with $40 million in 1974 when he became president of his father’s real estate company. By one estimate, the firm was worth about $200 million. Divided among Donald Trump and his four siblings, each would have received $40 million.

But the company wasn’t liquidated that year, so Trump didn’t receive that as cash.

In TODAY DOLLARS - Donnie inherited half a BILLION, blew it, got bailed out by Daddy, declared 5 bankruptcies on failed businesses and proceeded to BLOW everything he had again and AGAIN!!

Face it Ray, he is HORRIBLE with money, is now compromised by his business interests abroad and will shortly be indicted for money laundering and tax evasion.

Hurts HuH? :confused-84:

In TODAY DOLLARS - Donnie inherited half a BILLION, blew it, got bailed out by Daddy, declared 5 bankruptcies on failed businesses and proceeded to BLOW everything he had again and AGAIN!!

Face it Ray, he is HORRIBLE with money, is now compromised by his business interests abroad and will shortly be indicted for money laundering and tax evasion.

Hurts HuH?

Don't give me this todays dollar BS. You were wrong and you just can't admit it because that's what leftists do. Don't you know how to read? It stated in left leaning Politico that the money was divided among Donald and his siblings plus their kids. At most it was 300 million dollars. There was probably 10 people or so in that inheritance. Donald didn't end up with anywhere near 100 million dollars.

Hurts HuH?

Don't give me this todays dollar BS. You were wrong and you just can't admit it because that's what leftists do. Don't you know how to read? It stated in left leaning Politico that the money was divided among Donald and his siblings plus their kids. At most it was 300 million dollars. There was probably 10 people or so in that inheritance. Donald didn't end up with anywhere near 100 million dollars.

OH Fucking DEAR - Only 300 million?

2e9ajx.jpg

And no, you won’t get the bush tax break you got if biden wins. Biden isn’t trying to win your vote he’s worrying about struggling middle class people. The gap between the rich and poor needs to be fixed. So rich people will pay higher taxes so your college won’t be so expensive. This is how liberals fight against the greedy rich.

So tax the greedy rich people and give that money to the greedy colleges?
No give it to the students. Listen, we can fix this. Things are out of control. The rich are getting too rich and powerful don't you agree?

AMERICA'S VAST middle class, the undervalued force that has stabilized and moderated American society and politics, is shrinking right before the worried eyes of economists.

During the 1980s, the rules that govern the economic fortunes of Americans were quietly and perhaps permanently rewritten. Economists now report that the boom years of the 1980s were a bust for fully half of all Americans. At the same time, the safety net of social programs for the nation's poor was replaced by a safety net for the rich, speeding the decline of the middle class.

The result: an extraordinary 20 percent shrinkage in the proportion of middle-income Americans during the 1980s, according to a new analysis of two decades of data that track the changing fortunes of American families.

And that was written in 1991. It's even more true today.

Like I keep telling you, I'm okay with this. I'm making almost 6 figures and I have no debt. I pay around $500 a month in all my bills plus my $350 a month lease. Car insurance. Let's just say my bills are $12,000 a year no more no less. America is great for me now. Could have been greater if Trump didn't start his trade war with China in 2019.
AMERICA'S VAST middle class, the undervalued force that has stabilized and moderated American society and politics, is shrinking right before the worried eyes of economists.
The same economists that were hailing GW when Wall Street was making out like a bandit.
They get paid to spew their soft knowledge.
That reminds me of when the Stock Market was up on Obama's watch. Republicans said it didn't matter. The economy wasn't really good because

Lots of people were unemployed and not being counted. They didn't believe the unemployment numbers until Trump got in.

The debt was high. It's higher now.

Growth on Obama was under 3%. 2019 Trump had 2.3% growth.

Obama wasn't adding enough jobs. He added more than Trump did

The Feds wouldn't raise interest rates. They didn't on Trump's watch either.

Blue collar was struggling. Not much changed for them in the last few years. We see they had no savings when the pandemic hit. So they must have spent their trump tax breaks and continued to not have any savings because they just aren't making enough like when the Big 3 were in America. Today Walmart is the largest employer. What do they pay an hour?
Walmart has a global infrastructure but hires mostly very poor people who don’t even speak the language of the neighborhood they live in.
I don’t see Walmarts in wealthy areas.

Or should something be done about that so that it's made as quick, easy and efficient as possible?

Give your reasons for your answer.
Red herring question, since most states offer early voting so no one waits that long.

However under no circumstances should we allow a system that is ripe for corruption like mail in voting.

Then shouldn't the president lead the way and vote in person?
I thought he did vote in person last time. And Melania voted for Hillary

View attachment 404272
In the first election, she probably didn’t want him to win. They lost billions and he went from a beloved celebrity to the most defamed person in US history!
Yea she didn’t want to be a First Lady. Sure.
You do know that Michelle Obama said the exact same thing.
Although the Obamas were treated like royalty and made a fortune off the Presidency. Trump is the most unfairly treated President in history and is losing a fortune of being the President!

Or should something be done about that so that it's made as quick, easy and efficient as possible?

Give your reasons for your answer.
Red herring question, since most states offer early voting so no one waits that long.

However under no circumstances should we allow a system that is ripe for corruption like mail in voting.

Then shouldn't the president lead the way and vote in person?
I thought he did vote in person last time. And Melania voted for Hillary

View attachment 404272
In the first election, she probably didn’t want him to win. They lost billions and he went from a beloved celebrity to the most defamed person in US history!
Yea she didn’t want to be a First Lady. Sure.
You do know that Michelle Obama said the exact same thing.
Although the Obamas were treated like royalty and made a fortune off the Presidency. Trump is the most unfairly treated President in history and is losing a fortune of being the President!

Trump was perfectly capable of losing fortunes all on his own.

No give it to the students. Listen, we can fix this. Things are out of control. The rich are getting too rich and powerful don't you agree?

During the 1980s, the rules that govern the economic fortunes of Americans were quietly and perhaps permanently rewritten. Economists now report that the boom years of the 1980s were a bust for fully half of all Americans. At the same time, the safety net of social programs for the nation's poor was replaced by a safety net for the rich, speeding the decline of the middle class.

The result: an extraordinary 20 percent shrinkage in the proportion of middle-income Americans during the 1980s, according to a new analysis of two decades of data that track the changing fortunes of American families.

You are assuming that part of that middle-class never went to upper-class, and that they all went down. Sorry, but there's no truth in that. The unions have been in decline since the 80's because they were costing us too many jobs leaving for overseas. Automation and technology replaced human beings and still are as we speak. The 1970's are gone and never coming back. Too much competition is why wage increases slowed down. You're not going to find that great union job paying $25.00 an hour with great benefits to spin nuts onto bolts. Those days went out with the dial phone.

Anybody who is not in the middle-class can join anytime they like. Learn a trade, go to school, learn a vocation. The problem with our economy is that Americans got cheap, and we got lazy. We don't care about buying an American product to support our own, we care about getting the cheapest product no matter what. As a landlord, I've never seen it this great for us than the last ten years. Younger people don't want to own homes. Home ownership means clearing the snow off the driveway, cutting the lawn during the summer, fixing the roof when it leaks, dealing with a hot water tank that went on the fritz. That makes it great for me because rental units dramatically increased in price due to supply and demand.

If you look at how many middle class went into the upper class and how many slipped into the lower class, you'll see it was more people falling into the lower class. Remember the 2000's? People fell into the lower class when jobs went overseas. Listen to yourself. You say the unions have been in decline since the 80's because they were costing us too many jobs leaving for overseas. Yes ray, those corporations sent those jobs overseas because they were high paying jobs. Thank you. Now you seem to get it.

No you can't just join the middle class anytime you like. Today it takes a degree or you have to do some type of schooling.

Remember all those college graduates who couldn't even find work in the Bush years? Still living in their parents basement. Extreme college debt? Like with unions, you blame them too.

I don't blame you for making these arguments. Although wrong, these arguments have caused Republicans to win the Senate and for Trump to win the White House. But I'm telling you Ray, they have convinced you that less for the middle clas and more for the rich is the right way to go. I disagree. And the middle class has taken a step back and/or shrunk because people like you go along with Republican policies. You're anti labor. But they have convinced you it's the unions who are bad. Meanwhile, notice the non union companies who pay their employees the least have the highest paid CEO's.

You're wrong Ray

Funny. My brother works for one of the companies on this list. He came from Automotive/Manufacturing. The reason the company hired him is to find out why the corporate culture sucks. LOL. It's because the CEO makes too much and the worker bees don't make enough! It's fucking obvious.

You are just comfortable with your station in life. Like a lot of baby boomers you got yours and you don't care about all the cuts that are happening to the next generation. Or how things are more expensive for them. Or how they don't make as much. Hopefully the young people show up and tell you I'm right. It won't hurt me I'll do well either way. Maybe Biden won't continue a trade war with China that cost me last year. And caused America to only have 2.3% growth in 2019. After Trumps tax breaks we should have done much better than that in 2019 don't you think?

If you look at how many middle class went into the upper class and how many slipped into the lower class, you'll see it was more people falling into the lower class. Remember the 2000's? People fell into the lower class when jobs went overseas. Listen to yourself. You say the unions have been in decline since the 80's because they were costing us too many jobs leaving for overseas. Yes ray, those corporations sent those jobs overseas because they were high paying jobs. Thank you. Now you seem to get it.

No you can't just join the middle class anytime you like. Today it takes a degree or you have to do some type of schooling.

Remember all those college graduates who couldn't even find work in the Bush years? Still living in their parents basement. Extreme college debt? Like with unions, you blame them too.

I don't blame you for making these arguments. Although wrong, these arguments have caused Republicans to win the Senate and for Trump to win the White House. But I'm telling you Ray, they have convinced you that less for the middle clas and more for the rich is the right way to go. I disagree. And the middle class has taken a step back and/or shrunk because people like you go along with Republican policies. You're anti labor. But they have convinced you it's the unions who are bad. Meanwhile, notice the non union companies who pay their employees the least have the highest paid CEO's.

You're wrong Ray

Funny. My brother works for one of the companies on this list. He came from Automotive/Manufacturing. The reason the company hired him is to find out why the corporate culture sucks. LOL. It's because the CEO makes too much and the worker bees don't make enough! It's fucking obvious.

You are just comfortable with your station in life. Like a lot of baby boomers you got yours and you don't care about all the cuts that are happening to the next generation. Or how things are more expensive for them. Or how they don't make as much. Hopefully the young people show up and tell you I'm right. It won't hurt me I'll do well either way. Maybe Biden won't continue a trade war with China that cost me last year. And caused America to only have 2.3% growth in 2019. After Trumps tax breaks we should have done much better than that in 2019 don't you think?

No, you don't have to have a college degree to make a decent living. I was a truck driver, and even until this day, truck drivers are in high demand. Welders too pay a decent living and there are never enough of them. Construction workers do very well, but it's hard labor. There are plenty of ways to join the middle-class.

The problem is not that there isn't enough opportunity, the problem today are drugs. Better paying jobs often require random drug screenings. Today kids won't give up the dope for a good paying job. They'd rather work those lower paying jobs, live in moms basement, and live happily ever after. I was talking to one guy who loaded my truck. He was complaining because of all the hours. He said they can't find people to work. It was in a steel company. The job wasn't a bad paying job for no experience. They would advertise the job, get about 15 or so people for a seminar, but before they started, the HR person told everybody right up front: they do random drug testing, so if you can't pass a drug screen, the rest of the seminar would be a waste of their time. At that point, about 10 to 12 people would walk out of the room.

People are paid according to their value, not because of what a CEO makes. If you think a CEO makes too much money, then why don't you become a CEO yourself? An employer pays employees what the market rate is. That's the value of your labor, my labor, and the CEO's labor.

You're wrong Ray

No, you don't have to have a college degree to make a decent living. I was a truck driver, and even until this day, truck drivers are in high demand. Welders too pay a decent living and there are never enough of them. Construction workers do very well, but it's hard labor. There are plenty of ways to join the middle-class.

The problem is not that there isn't enough opportunity, the problem today are drugs. Better paying jobs often require random drug screenings. Today kids won't give up the dope for a good paying job. They'd rather work those lower paying jobs, live in moms basement, and live happily ever after. I was talking to one guy who loaded my truck. He was complaining because of all the hours. He said they can't find people to work. It was in a steel company. The job wasn't a bad paying job for no experience. They would advertise the job, get about 15 or so people for a seminar, but before they started, the HR person told everybody right up front: they do random drug testing, so if you can't pass a drug screen, the rest of the seminar would be a waste of their time. At that point, about 10 to 12 people would walk out of the room.

People are paid according to their value, not because of what a CEO makes. If you think a CEO makes too much money, then why don't you become a CEO yourself? An employer pays employees what the market rate is. That's the value of your labor, my labor, and the CEO's labor.
I love it. Our parents were truck drivers and welders and saved to send us to school so we wouldn't have to be welders and truck drivers. It's a new normal. A new America. Certainly not the great middle class we once had.

I'm in Metro Detroit. The middle class was never stronger than here. We had unions who dictate to their companies what they would pay their workers. And it worked, for both sides. But of course corporations didn't like it because they always want to maximize profits.

Guys like you who've been brainwashed by Republicans to hate unions choose to ignore this fact.

Ford's previous record result was the $6.9 billion it earned 1997, when its results included Associates. Annual revenue also reached a record of $162.6 billion, compared with $144.4 billion in 1998.

So no Ray, unions weren't hurting the corporations. But they were cutting into their profits that's for sure. By breaking the unions, this is one way the rich got richer and the middle class shrunk. The gap between rich and poor got wider because you Republicans pushed to have the corporations you serve send their jobs to Mexico and China.

Ray, you aren't smart. You're a house slave on the Republican plantation. An apologist. Front line soldier. Pawn.

You know why Walmart employees can't strike? The pandemic showed us most Americans can't even go 2 weeks without a paycheck. Back when unions ruled, the employees could walk out and strike for months. They wouldn't lose their homes. Meanwhile the company lost millions every day that line was shut down.

If Walmart employees could walk out and stay home for a month they could strike for better pay.

I guess workers today aren't as smart as our grandparents were. They knew their worth and how to get their fair share from the corporations they work for.

They didn't hate corporations. That's another thing dumb Republicans say. They say class warfare. Meanwhile the corporations wages class warfare on us starting in the 70's and most Republicans don't realize it.

I love it. Our parents were truck drivers and welders and saved to send us to school so we wouldn't have to be welders and truck drivers. It's a new normal. A new America. Certainly not the great middle class we once had.

I'm in Metro Detroit. The middle class was never stronger than here. We had unions who dictate to their companies what they would pay their workers. And it worked, for both sides. But of course corporations didn't like it because they always want to maximize profits.

Guys like you who've been brainwashed by Republicans to hate unions choose to ignore this fact.

Ford's previous record result was the $6.9 billion it earned 1997, when its results included Associates. Annual revenue also reached a record of $162.6 billion, compared with $144.4 billion in 1998.

So no Ray, unions weren't hurting the corporations. But they were cutting into their profits that's for sure. By breaking the unions, this is one way the rich got richer and the middle class shrunk. The gap between rich and poor got wider because you Republicans pushed to have the corporations you serve send their jobs to Mexico and China.

Ray, you aren't smart. You're a house slave on the Republican plantation. An apologist. Front line soldier. Pawn.

Can you explain something to me: Why in the world would Republicans send jobs overseas as if they had any say-so in it? Republicans don't make those decisions, companies make those decisions. Republicans have nothing to do with it.

You and I both have widget companies. Your company invites unions, pays employees well plus great benefits and plenty of time off for employees. Mine pays half the salary and benefits that yours does, and we have plenty of good help. Now Walmart and Amazon call us both because they need widgets. I can sell them my widgets for $8.00 each. You can only sell yours for $12.00 each. Who do you think they are going to buy their widgets from?

Can you explain something to me: Why in the world would Republicans send jobs overseas as if they had any say-so in it? Republicans don't make those decisions, companies make those decisions. Republicans have nothing to do with it.

You and I both have widget companies. Your company invites unions, pays employees well plus great benefits and plenty of time off for employees. Mine pays half the salary and benefits that yours does, and we have plenty of good help. Now Walmart and Amazon call us both because they need widgets. I can sell them my widgets for $8.00 each. You can only sell yours for $12.00 each. Who do you think they are going to buy their widgets from?
Republicans are beholden to corporate lobbyists. PNAC. NAFTA. Why did bush invent nafta? Because corporate America told him to. Certainly wasn’t us Americans begging for nafta

Republicans are beholden to corporate lobbyists. PNAC. NAFTA. Why did bush invent nafta? Because corporate America told him to. Certainly wasn’t us Americans begging for nafta

NAFTA? You mean the same NAFTA that Bill Clinton signed into law?

NAFTA? You mean the same NAFTA that Bill Clinton signed into law?
That’s the only response republicans Can ever give. Lame. It’s as if you were all brainwashed to say that whenever it’s pointed out that republicans invented nafta because the corporations who wanted to move overseas told them to. It started with reagan actually.

And ray. Do you know who got mad when Clinton signed nafta? Us liberals. Unions. Not you. Not if you were a republican.

That’s the only response republicans Can ever give. Lame. It’s as if you were all brainwashed to say that whenever it’s pointed out that republicans invented nafta because the corporations who wanted to move overseas told them to. It started with reagan actually.

And ray. Do you know who got mad when Clinton signed nafta? Us liberals. Unions. Not you. Not if you were a republican.

US companies were moving out long before NAFTA. It started in the 70s and keep accelerating as unions grew strength. Pointing out Bill Clinton signed it is evidence it was not all the Republicans fault. It was bipartisan.

US companies were moving out long before NAFTA. It started in the 70s and keep accelerating as unions grew strength. Pointing out Bill Clinton signed it is evidence it was not all the Republicans fault. It was bipartisan.
Yea but it was the republicans who pushed him to sign it. Clinton stabbed liberals and unions in the back when he signed it.

He assured us he put some worker and environmental protections in it but gw bush removed those regulations.

It was the far left who didn’t like nafta. Not you

Please don't talk about our president in such a manner. He came by his half billion dollar inheritance honestly!

He never had a half-billion dollars. His father wasn't worth near that, and the inheritance money was divided among Donald and several of his siblings. A granddaughter also sued for some of that money, but the results of that suit were never released to the public.

Do you think you're the first to pull that leftist trick; providing sites you have to subscribe to?

But news reports show that it’s a bit of a mystery how much Trump inherited from his father, Fred Sr. When he died in 1999, the New York Times reported that "his estate has been estimated by the family at $250 million to $300 million." The New York Daily News reported at the time that the estate was worth $100 million to $300 million based on family estimates.

The New York Times reported Jan. 2 that Fred Sr.’s will "divided the bulk of the inheritance, at least $20 million, among his children and their descendants, ‘other than my son Fred C. Trump Jr.’ "

A National Journal writer, S.V. Dáte, estimated Trump started with $40 million in 1974 when he became president of his father’s real estate company. By one estimate, the firm was worth about $200 million. Divided among Donald Trump and his four siblings, each would have received $40 million.

But the company wasn’t liquidated that year, so Trump didn’t receive that as cash.

54ece8797073412e9918d6e2ae013ee233ce5e3b6a070daa755fe017fb2ba59b_1.jpg

Makes me wonder why all “dumbasses” with half a billion dollars can’t convert it into several billions like dumbass Donny did huh?

Forum List

Back