Is anybody old enough to remember?

Dogmaphobe

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2014
Or uh gun
I am in my mid sixties, and my first introduction to Israel situation came from watching the events unfold before and during the six day war. The bellicose bully, Nassar, was boasting continually about pushing the Jews into the sea

All the talk those days was about pan Arabism. They felt powerful because of their increasing oil wealth and felt confident that with the full weight of the massive Arab world coming to bear, this time they would finally be able to make good on their promise to kill Jews until they hid behind rocks and trees.

There was no talk about people called Palestinian because there were none - Just Arabs united in a common culture of Jew hatred.

Having lived in a time before Palestians were invented gives me a good understanding on the nature and effects of relentless propaganda. How many others are old enough to remember a time before their invention?

I think it makes a HUGE difference in the way people do or do not succumb to the propaganda.

Last edited:
I am in my mid sixties, and my first introduction to Israel situation came from watching the events unfold before and during the six day war. The bellicose bully, Nassar, was boasting continually about pushing the Jews into the sea

All the talk those days was about pan Arabism. They felt powerful because of their increasing oil wealth and felt confident that with the full weight of the massive Arab world coming to bear, this time they would finally be able to make good on their promise to kill Jews until they hid behind rocks and trees.

There was no talk about people called Palestinian because there were none - Just Arabs united in a common culture of Jew hatred.

Having lived in a time before Palestians were invented gives me a good understanding on the nature and effects of relentless propaganda. How many others are old enough to remember a time before their invention?

I think it makes a HUGE difference in the way people do or do not succumb to the propaganda.

Edit. - I meant this for the Israel forum. Sorry.

Sure that wouldn't surprise You if I said,
majority of Israelis have grandparents and uncles who keep that memory very vivid.

Numismatic coin dealers still sell 1920's -30"s Palestine collector coins of various denominations, used as legal tender by arabs and jews in Palestine during that time period. ... :cool:
1597690018508.png

Although the OP claims no such people or place ever existed. ... :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Last time I was there was in 2000. One of the most memorable nights of my life was having dinner in Tel Aviv with 2 Israeli's, a Palestinian, an Egyptian and one Lebanese gentleman. There was no animosity, no hatred. It was amazing. Having said that I subsequently was in Vegas at a Black Jack table with two Israeli soldiers, BOTH of them were very sympathetic to the Palestinians because it was not them that was causing the trouble it was the PLO. The "Palestinians" are no more than a political football for some very bad people.

Numismatic coin dealers still sell 1920's -30"s Palestine collector coins of various denominations, used as legal tender by arabs and jews in Palestine during that time period. ... :cool:
View attachment 376163
Yes, there were no "Palestinians" back then as we kbow them now - just Arabs and Jews using the common coinage of the Mandate.

Thanks for pointing that out.

The British recognized there were Palestinian people living in the land called Palestine.
True story...... :cool:

Get real dude,
these are Soviet spiced 1001 Arabian nights fairy tales are an embarrassment to intelligence.

I'm sure there're more things that we can agree,
than this hollow cartoonish echo-chamber head banging,
because of a conflict that looses both effect and weight by the day.

View attachment 376163

A coin minted by the British and used by Arabs and Jews is proof that Palestinians existed
before that gay, Egyptian terrorist invented them?

View attachment 376163

Too easy...

101987231_740106050130385_7107636596870354370_n.jpg
So what if no state has existed. Are Belarus, Slovakia and Slovenia not states because they didn't exist until near the end of the 20th century, long after the notion of a Palestinian state got started?

View attachment 376163

Too easy...

101987231_740106050130385_7107636596870354370_n.jpg
So what if no state has existed. Are Belarus, Slovakia and Slovenia not states because they didn't exist until near the end of the 20th century, long after the notion of a Palestinian state got started?

I'm not one "old enough to remember".

Though we could make moral, historical and legal arguments till cows grow a beard...
but frankly I don't care - this is the land of Israel, Jewish sovereignty is inevitable,
and I'm already at a position where I don't have to basically agree to anything
that runs counter to my national narrative and set trajectory.

"Doesn't matter what nations say, matters what Israel do" - David ben-Gurion Ztz"l

View attachment 376163
He is correct. At that time Palestine was just a geographical designation and all the people who lived there, Arabs, Jews and others, were called Palestinians. After Israel became a state in 1948, that the people who were not Israelis were still called Palestinians, which only meant people who lived in the unincorporated parts of the previous Mandate for Palestine. It had no nationalistic or even ethnic meaning. The use of the word, Palestinian, to designate a nationality or even an ethnicity is pure propaganda.

Forum List

Back