...'Insurrection' on J6 = the real deal ....

They support murder for political gain.
Who are 'they'? All the Lefties here are happy that Ashli Babbitt was shot dead. She deserved it, they say. Therefore, they must be in favor of shooting dead a lot of BLM/Antifa rioters.

But, for some reason, they're being coy. They refuse to come out and say so. I suppose this is because they don't want to shock us tender-hearted humanitarians on the Right by revealing just how strongly Law-and-Order they are.

As we all have seen on this venue there is a segment (growing ever smaller, btw) ...but a faction of posters here who will not admit---yet ----that the violent attempt to stop the Constitutionally mandated peaceful-transfer-of-power was, in fact, an insurrection.

Yeah, their view conflicts with both the colloquial understanding of the word, and the statutory definition.

But their hesitancy no longer matters all that much. Their view has been fading for some time now. But yesterday, a nail on the issue was firmly pounded into place.

A DC trial court, in passing judgement (and a sentence - 68 months) clearly and unambiguously stated in open court, on the record.....that the January 6th attempted insurrection WAS......in fact, an insurrection.
Here are the court's statements as reported in Politico:
(my avatar has bolded the word 'insurrection' as emphasis)
-------------------------

"Jan. 6 defendant who sprayed line of police sentenced after tearful apology

“You’re entitled to your political views but not to an insurrection," the judge said before delivering 68-month jail term.
----------------------------------------------------

By KYLE CHENEY -- Politico 02/01/2023 04:55 PM EST

"A Jan. 6 defendant who sprayed a chemical irritant at about 15 police officers — and later bragged about it in a video interview — was sentenced Wednesday to 68 months in prison. This is one of the stiffest Jan. 6 sentences handed down to date.

Daniel Caldwell, a 51-year-old Marine Corps veteran, delivered a tearful apology in court to the officers he sprayed, expressing remorse for his actions that day and pleading with U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly for mercy.
But Kollar-Kotelly repeatedly described Caldwell as an “insurrectionist” and noted that his deployment of chemical spray at officers created such an intense cloud that it nearly broke the depleted police line by itself.
“You’re entitled to your political views but not to an insurrection,” the judge said. “You were an insurrectionist.”

Kollar-Kotelly also put his involvement in the broader Jan. 6 attack in the context of previous challenges to the United States government. She said it was crucial for her sentence to “fortify against the revolutionary fervor that you and others felt on Jan. 6 and may still feel today.”
I see where the judge called it an insurrection but that is to be expected in a show trial as there is no need for the judge to take sides unless the point is to make sure it is called an insurrection, it is a cracker for the parrots...
... but what I don't see in your post is where that is the actual charge...
“Insurrection is not,” she said, “and cannot ever be warranted.”
lol, ok this is over the top...we were born out of insurrection, the judge is providing cover as no one is buying into this "insurrection business, if they were this wouldn't even be a story...Fake news chi-co

guilty verdicts awaiting sentencing & i never said otherwise. just how long they serve is yet TBD.
Remaining above the personal insults and shit chucking is lethal to the lowlife. The evidence for that is in how they will escalate in that vein and lose their direction on their ability to debate with any relevance.

It's always the same culprits.

Stay your course. It gets even better!

Did you know that in reality we don't get to make up our own definitions for words?
It's true.
Sure. So what official reality-based definition of 'insurrection' are you using, such that the 6 January riot was one, but the Anti-Fa/BLM riots were not? Is it not an insurrection if you burn down a courthouse?

Just tell me your/official definition. Easy.

Who are 'they'? All the Lefties here are happy that Ashli Babbitt was shot dead. She deserved it, they say. Therefore, they must be in favor of shooting dead a lot of BLM/Antifa rioters.

But, for some reason, they're being coy. They refuse to come out and say so. I suppose this is because they don't want to shock us tender-hearted humanitarians on the Right by revealing just how strongly Law-and-Order they are.
If you're including foreigners as being the 'left', you're right. Ashli had it coming. Her personal sacrifice came at a time when it could have saved many other lives of people of decency status.

do you know what the word 'encompasses' means TN?

you wanna google both 'rebellion/insurrection' & seditious conspiracy & see if the latter doesn't cover the former? do you know what sedition means either?
lol ... i never lie. i have no need to, you little goal post mover you ........
Everything that comes out of your mouth is a partisan lie. You still have not linked seditious conspiracy to insurrection. Yawn, I'm bored with your continual lies.

if the scenario were the same?

yes.
Well, 'the same' is a bit ambiguous. I'm sure you don't mean if they were trying to climb through a broken window in the Capitol, then and only then. How about trying to burn down a courthouse? Or torching a police car? Or throwing Molotov cocktails. Those acts would seem a lot more insurrectional than trying to climb through a broken window.

So I can assume you were in favor of shooting dead a lot of the AntiFa/BLM rioters in the summer ... can I?

do you know what the word 'encompasses' means TN?

you wanna google both 'rebellion/insurrection' & seditious conspiracy & see if the latter doesn't cover the former? do you know what sedition means either?
lol ... i never lie. i have no need to, you little goal post mover you ........
2 different charges, goob smoocher.
And, yes, you lie all the freakin time. Its well documented.

If you're including foreigners as being the 'left', you're right. Ashli had it coming. Her personal sacrifice came at a time when it could have saved many other lives of people of decency status.
I'm afraid I don't understand what you have said at all.

As we all have seen on this venue there is a segment (growing ever smaller, btw) ...but a faction of posters here who will not admit---yet ----that the violent attempt to stop the Constitutionally mandated peaceful-transfer-of-power was, in fact, an insurrection.

Yeah, their view conflicts with both the colloquial understanding of the word, and the statutory definition.

But their hesitancy no longer matters all that much. Their view has been fading for some time now. But yesterday, a nail on the issue was firmly pounded into place.

A DC trial court, in passing judgement (and a sentence - 68 months) clearly and unambiguously stated in open court, on the record.....that the January 6th attempted insurrection WAS......in fact, an insurrection.
Here are the court's statements as reported in Politico:
(my avatar has bolded the word 'insurrection' as emphasis)
-------------------------

"Jan. 6 defendant who sprayed line of police sentenced after tearful apology

“You’re entitled to your political views but not to an insurrection," the judge said before delivering 68-month jail term.
----------------------------------------------------

By KYLE CHENEY -- Politico 02/01/2023 04:55 PM EST

"A Jan. 6 defendant who sprayed a chemical irritant at about 15 police officers — and later bragged about it in a video interview — was sentenced Wednesday to 68 months in prison. This is one of the stiffest Jan. 6 sentences handed down to date.

Daniel Caldwell, a 51-year-old Marine Corps veteran, delivered a tearful apology in court to the officers he sprayed, expressing remorse for his actions that day and pleading with U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly for mercy.
But Kollar-Kotelly repeatedly described Caldwell as an “insurrectionist” and noted that his deployment of chemical spray at officers created such an intense cloud that it nearly broke the depleted police line by itself.
“You’re entitled to your political views but not to an insurrection,” the judge said. “You were an insurrectionist.”

Kollar-Kotelly also put his involvement in the broader Jan. 6 attack in the context of previous challenges to the United States government. She said it was crucial for her sentence to “fortify against the revolutionary fervor that you and others felt on Jan. 6 and may still feel today.”

“Insurrection is not,” she said, “and cannot ever be warranted.”
It was clearly not an insurrection. At least not in a world where words have actual meaning. Sadly, that is not the world where our liberals usually abide.

Well, 'the same' is a bit ambiguous. I'm sure you don't mean if they were trying to climb through a broken window in the Capitol, then and only then. How about trying to burn down a courthouse?

if people were tapped inside by the hands of a mob?

yes.

Or torching a police car?

if cops were trapped inside by a violent mob?

yes.

Or throwing Molotov cocktails. Those acts would seem a lot more insurrectional than trying to climb through a broken window.

lol ...

So I can assume you were in favor of shooting dead a lot of the AntiFa/BLM rioters in the summer ... can I?

all depending on the circumstances, deary. like i said.

It was clearly not an insurrection. At least not in a world where words have actual meaning. Sadly, that is not the world where our liberals usually abide.
We must not be prisoners of words, assuming that our existing stock of words is always adequate to describe reality.

I think the term 'insurrection' should be limited to an attempt to seize power, to replace the existing government.

The 6 January events were an attempt to force Congress (or its Republican members) to act in a certain way.

Most riots are less focussed: they're expressions of general discontent with the government (or parts of it). You could say they have a general goal of, in the case of the summer 2020 riots, getting the police to act more professionally with respect to Black suspects.

So the 6 January riot was something in between a 'normal' riot, and an insurrection. We don't have a word for it.

If you read in detail about Stewart Rhodes, you will see that he did more than just attend the riot. Like some other people in the militia movement, he was acting out a fantasy -- very unwise.

So ... we have to draw lessons from all this. And act accordingly.

And you're in favor of shooting dead BLM/AntiFa rioters who try to get through a broken window into a public building? Or who do equally violent things, or worse ... such as throwing Molotov cocktails?

You're really, truly, in favor of shooting them dead?
In some cases a death penalty to those of either side is warranted. Jan.6th. would certainly qualify on account of the highest level of the crimes being committed.

Considering the whole, in my opinion has exceeded all bounds of civility on the death penalty.
Justifying murder by gun (the death penalty) on the basis of 'stand your ground', is legalizing murder by a citizenry that is out of control due to a culture of violence and war.

Consequences have come home with the chickens on Jan.6th. Let's all hope that the criminals will learn as they spend their lives behind bars.

I am still waiting. Your non-responses are getting nowhere.

you can keep waiting. 2 trials have just concluded ... not two years ago ... just a couple months & weeks. some are ongoing right now & one is upcoming with ZERO sentencing as of yet.

take a remedial comp class, dude - you are flailing.

We must not be prisoners of words, assuming that our existing stock of words is always adequate to describe reality.

I think the term 'insurrection' should be limited to an attempt to seize power, to replace the existing government.

The 6 January events were an attempt to force Congress (or its Republican members) to act in a certain way.

Most riots are less focussed: they're expressions of general discontent with the government (or parts of it). You could say they have a general goal of, in the case of the summer 2020 riots, getting the police to act more professionally with respect to Black suspects.

So the 6 January riot was something in between a 'normal' riot, and an insurrection. We don't have a word for it.

If you read in detail about Stewart Rhodes, you will see that he did more than just attend the riot. Like some other people in the militia movement, he was acting out a fantasy -- very unwise.

So ... we have to draw lessons from all this. And act accordingly.

Most people were doing nothing more than having a Patriotic tailgate.

The 3 letter agencies needed a distraction.

Forum List

Back