...'Insurrection' on J6 = the real deal ....

--------------------------------------------------

I hadn't heard that.
Can you source that for the forum, poster Wamose?
Who are you to say my opinion isn't a source? Oh, I'm sorry. You're one of those whatevers who are still stressing over nothing. Let me put your priorities in order. Abortion is still legal. Nobody is taking your SS or Medicare away. And if Chillicothe refers to a town in Ohio, you should be bitching about how your current President has thrown your state under the bus by ignoring the train derailment disaster instead of regurgitating stale old J6 bullshit.

"Who are you to say my opinion isn't a source? Oh, I'm sorry. You're one of those whatevers who are still stressing over nothing."
--------------------------------------------------------------

Sure. You be you.
However, mi amigo, in the real world of adults....your "opinion" ain't a "source" unless you saw it, experienced it, first hand. And you did not.

Or at least, you have not persuaded the forum that you have been credibly briefed specifically by Cheney and/or Schiff.

Thus, if you choose to not be serious ...... then you and your avatar cannot be considered serious.

Adult life with real people works that way.
Trust me.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Sure. You be you.
However, mi amigo, in the real world of adults....your "opinion" ain't a "source" unless you saw it, experienced it, first hand. And you did not.

Or at least, you have not persuaded the forum that you have been credibly briefed specifically by Cheney and/or Schiff.

Thus, if you choose to not be serious ...... then you and your avatar cannot be considered serious.

Adult life with real people works that way.
Trust me.
Come on Qdog. You should just look at me like the psychic that police hire to solve their crimes. And by the way, I have been briefed by the famous Famghoul, in Sheridan Wyoming, that even Cheney's Jackson constituency has abandoned her. She's a lost soul. And Schiff is in the same boat, having been bitch slapped off of his committee for leaking confidential information to newspapers like the NYT and the WAPO, who just happen to be liberal rags.

"I have been briefed by the famous Famghoul, in Sheridan Wyoming....... She's a lost soul. And Schiff is in the same boat,"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ummm, mein freund, you present a silly persona.
Not a serious poster. Not a serious adult.

Why do that?
You are making your avatar look inconsequential. Frivolous.
Why do that?
You should want to be better. Should want to be taken seriously.
I would think.

As we all have seen on this venue there is a segment (growing ever smaller, btw) ...but a faction of posters here who will not admit---yet ----that the violent attempt to stop the Constitutionally mandated peaceful-transfer-of-power was, in fact, an insurrection.

Yeah, their view conflicts with both the colloquial understanding of the word, and the statutory definition.

But their hesitancy no longer matters all that much. Their view has been fading for some time now. But yesterday, a nail on the issue was firmly pounded into place.

A DC trial court, in passing judgement (and a sentence - 68 months) clearly and unambiguously stated in open court, on the record.....that the January 6th attempted insurrection WAS......in fact, an insurrection.
Here are the court's statements as reported in Politico:
(my avatar has bolded the word 'insurrection' as emphasis)
-------------------------

"Jan. 6 defendant who sprayed line of police sentenced after tearful apology

“You’re entitled to your political views but not to an insurrection," the judge said before delivering 68-month jail term.
----------------------------------------------------

By KYLE CHENEY -- Politico 02/01/2023 04:55 PM EST

"A Jan. 6 defendant who sprayed a chemical irritant at about 15 police officers — and later bragged about it in a video interview — was sentenced Wednesday to 68 months in prison. This is one of the stiffest Jan. 6 sentences handed down to date.

Daniel Caldwell, a 51-year-old Marine Corps veteran, delivered a tearful apology in court to the officers he sprayed, expressing remorse for his actions that day and pleading with U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly for mercy.
But Kollar-Kotelly repeatedly described Caldwell as an “insurrectionist” and noted that his deployment of chemical spray at officers created such an intense cloud that it nearly broke the depleted police line by itself.
“You’re entitled to your political views but not to an insurrection,” the judge said. “You were an insurrectionist.”

Kollar-Kotelly also put his involvement in the broader Jan. 6 attack in the context of previous challenges to the United States government. She said it was crucial for her sentence to “fortify against the revolutionary fervor that you and others felt on Jan. 6 and may still feel today.”

“Insurrection is not,” she said, “and cannot ever be warranted.”
It’s funny watching how they melt down over the use of the word. Every time.

They can call it whatever they want, and downplay it all they want. It’s not going away.

Reality is always more complex than the words we use to talk about it.

I think we will have more clarity in our thinking if we start with the reality of violent acts by large numbers of people seeking some sort of political goal (other than a military action by a state, or extended military action by a non-state group, ie guerilla war).

Jan 6 was one example, the riots of the previous summer were another.

We have also seen another variant of such violent acts: an organized attempt to seize state power, such as the Bolshevik Revolution of 1917. I believe we'll be clearer in our thinking if we reserve the word 'insurrection' for events like that revolution.

Using this criterion, the 2020 Summer riots were clearly not 'insurrections'. The people involved did not hope to become the new government/state apparatus. To the extent they had a political aim, it was to make the police less aggressive in dealing with Blacks. But they did not aim to supplant the existing state apparatus with a new one, which is what an insurrection, properly understood, is all about.

The 6 January events were closer to being an 'insurrection' but fell short of being one. The people involved, to the extent that they had a conscious aim, hoped to pressure the government -- the legislators -- into changing their vote on a specific issue, which would have resulted in a different executive power, although not different legislators. So it approached being an insurrection, but fell short of the full definition. (Similarly, the people who rioted around Donald Trump's election wanted to prevent the legal result of an election being implemented, but they did not aim to seize power for themselves.)

The fact is, we don't have a precise word for the 6 January events, which fell somewhere between a proper insurrection, and a riot.

Nonetheless, patriots must not fall into the trap of saying these people were all just innocent protestors, now being framed up. Nor must we use the excuse that infiltrators provoked them. The latter may be true, but ... they fell for the provocation.

If you meet someone in a cafe and he suggests that together you rob a bank, and you go along with him and get arrested ... you're still likely to go to jail, even if what he did is legally 'entrapment'.

On the other hand, these people are our own. While not approving of what they did, we must still support them. I am not allowed to give the link to the Patriot Mail Project here, but it's probably easy to find with a bit of Googling. The price of a stamp and fifteen minutes of your time can light up an imprisoned patriot's life, at least for a day.

More importantly, we have to learn the lessons of 6 January. It happened because of the low level of political understanding on the part of most patriots. That must be dealt with.

And as an accompanying effect of raising our level of consciousness, we will have an organization capable of handling potentially-tricky situations like the Washington demonstration, where conscious provocateurs, and 'sincere' nutjobs, will try to provoke violence.

The French have a long history of mass demonstrations in tense circumstances, and have evolved a formation called the "service d'ordre" to marshall their marches and demos. We need something similar.

Last edited:
What was violent about this?

78047D47-B575-4881-A8F9-14678997EFA6.jpeg

It just showed how ludicrous Nancy is.

"What was violent about this?"

Oh, that's easy, the tragic violence done by that RightWingNutJob from tiny Parrish, FL, --Adam Johnson --- was to his family.

His wife, a physician, saw her career upended, the lives of their kids (he was a stay-at-home-Dad) were sadly upended.
He now carries a criminal record....after he got out of prison.

"Johnson expressed remorse for his actions in court on Friday and said that his actions since have shown that he was "ashamed" of the role he played in the riot."

318ba90432dd0a900dc5908497841c9a

Oh, that's easy, the tragic violence done by that RightWingNutJob from tiny Parrish, FL, --Adam Johnson --- was to his family.

His wife, a physician, saw her career upended, the lives of their kids (he was a stay-at-home-Dad) were sadly upended.
He now carries a criminal record....after he got out of prison.

"Johnson expressed remorse for his actions in court on Friday and said that his actions since have shown that he was "ashamed" of the role he played in the riot."

318ba90432dd0a900dc5908497841c9a
His post was one of those I wish I hadn't seen.

Look at what this damaged orange guy has done to these people. They're now entirely transactional when it comes to the law. One photo of a guy NOT rioting -- even though he's clearly breaking the law -- is some kind of justification in their minds.

Incredible.

Forum List

Back