inciting violence

Trump isn't the problem. The popular liberal media has earned a major slap-down. It's about time these chaps started giving us the facts, not a editorialized edited chocked full of social comments with a leftist spin. It pains me to watch the news anymore.
I agree with your statement except for the first part about Trump not being the problem. His is one of biggest purveyors of fake news.

images

Yeah sure... "Hands up don't shoot", "What do we want dead cops when do we want it now", "He could have been my son", etc,...

Yep! No problem there.

*****SARCASTIC CHUCKLE*****

:)

What are you talking about? Want to try again to make a coherent arguement in relation to the discussion?

images

I'm being completely coherent. You wish to discuss the creation of fake news that's inflammatory.

Have you been living under a rock for the last eight or nine years?

*****CHUCKLE*****

I'm saying that our President plays a large role in the discourse of our country. He is in essence waging war against the news media and acting like a schoolyard bully. He is calling everything fake news while spreading fake news himself. He is instigating petty squabbles with news anchors instead of focusing on the important stuff. It is embarrassing and irresponsible. I'd think if you support his agenda you'd condemn this behavior. It only serves his ego

I have to agree. I voted for the Republicans, and all I got was Trump. He may be ..unhinged (?), but the popular press isn't always being honest and unbiased, either.

They are talking about Trump retweeting a video of himself wrestling/body slamming a guy that had a CNN logo over his face.

The inciting violence claim is a bit dramatic, but the tweet was another example of childish actions from our president at a time when we need a grown up leader.
Yes, the left only wants serious people in the White House.

Redirect Notice

They are talking about Trump retweeting a video of himself wrestling/body slamming a guy that had a CNN logo over his face.

The inciting violence claim is a bit dramatic, but the tweet was another example of childish actions from our president at a time when we need a grown up leader.

Redirect Notice
Am I supposed to click a link that reads "redirect notice" are you serious?

Redirect Notice
Am I supposed to click a link that reads "redirect notice" are you serious?
It's the picture of Obie making stupid faces with his selfie stick.

So social media is exploding about trump inciting violence against the media. Naturally no one can say what he actually said to do this.

Any idea what they are going crazy over?

CNN has accused Donald Trump of “encouraging violence against reporters” after the president tweeted a video of himself at a pro wrestling event, body-slamming to the floor a man with a CNN logo for a head. The Republican senator Ben Sasse said Trump was “trying to weaponize distrust” in his attacks on the media
Trump has been at war with the media since day one. And in my opinion, it's a premeditated war on his part to create distrust of the media; so when the day comes, and we all know it's looming, that the media drops a bombshell on him, his only escape will lie in the hopes that the public believes his denials over the media.

The only political violence I have seen recently was committed against Republicans at a baseball field during practice for a charity baseball game. I don't recall many if any one the left or in the media wanting to claim the rhetoric of Sanders the left or the media was responsible for inciting this guy but now suddenly Trumps tweets might incite violence.

The media has been going bad LONG before Trump. Even before Clinton. They (the "media"), paparazzi, the TMZ's, the sensational headline seeking panderers. seeking a scoop. Attention. The media is driven by profit. And they do pander.

I guess the moral I want to float out there, do we trust THEM . The Media. William Randolph Hearst, a major media mogul, practically started a war between the US and Spain, and I have seen recently how media outlets have fanned the flames of racial animosity and cause riots in Ferguson. To paraphrase Senator Joe Welch ; "Have they no SHAME? No sense of dignity"?

I guess the moral I want to float out there, do we trust THEM . The Media. William Randolph Hearst, a major media mogul, practically started a war between the US and Spain, and I have seen recently how media outlets have fanned the flames of racial animosity and cause riots in Ferguson. To paraphrase Senator Joe Welch ; "Have they no SHAME? No sense of dignity"?
As you said a few posts ago... trust in the media has been low for decades. It's not a new thing to have to pick through the "bias" and spin and find the facts on our own. We have a first amendment so there isnt much we can do. Perhaps rally some kind fact checking organization to keep them accountable or institute penalties for false reporting... maybe disclaimers that point out opinion reports vs journalism... credentials for reporters/programs based on track record and accuracy. Etc

So social media is exploding about trump inciting violence against the media. Naturally no one can say what he actually said to do this.

They don't need no stinking facts, all the left wing nuts have to do shout.

The perpetual Right-wing Dumb Act!

As you said a few posts ago... trust in the media has been low for decades. It's not a new thing to have to pick through the "bias" and spin and find the facts on our own. We have a first amendment so there isnt much we can do. Perhaps rally some kind fact checking organization to keep them accountable or institute penalties for false reporting... maybe disclaimers that point out opinion reports vs journalism... credentials for reporters/programs based on track record and accuracy. Etc
We need someone to watch the media and curb their excesses. How would we do that?

You have to consider the way they've redefined words, depending on which side you are talking about.

If a person on the right disagrees or calls them on their bullshit, it's violence or treason.

If a person on the left physically assaults someone and destroys property, it's merely protesting.

That is why they attack Trump for using locker room talk in private (or so he thought) while apparently condoning Bill Clinton taking advantage of underage sex slaves on the Lolita and the island.

Hillary can delete emails, which is clearly against the law, but Trump can't go out to eat with his family without inviting the press.

Trump decides to protect Americans by placing a ban on known terrorist countries who have admitted they are using the refugee crisis to smuggle in terrorists and the left loses their shit. Liberals send out hired thugs to bully people who oppose their agenda and the left wants more of it.

Double standard doesn't begin to describe all this. Propaganda, pure and simple. And the harder they try to smear Trump or hide facts to protect the image of Dems, the more people get turned off by the left's tactics. I hope they keep it up.
The typical Right-wing perpetual VICTIM card as rationalization for all their bad behavior!!!

I saw a video where he beat some CNN guy up, but he punches back 10 times harder and fights fire with fire, and he is a loose canon, so that can be expected an normal behavior for him.
So then Tramp, in turn, can be punched back 10 times harder, and that is equally OK.
Brilliant!

We need someone to watch the media and curb their excesses. How would we do that?
I imagine it would have to come from the FCC

I imagine it would have to come from the FCC
OK this may be off topic, but remember when Television shows or movies HAD to be run through sensors? We can't have that NOW. We have people live streaming murders and beheading. I look at the internet as a HUGE part of this problem, the genie is out of the bottle.

You have to consider the way they've redefined words, depending on which side you are talking about.

If a person on the right disagrees or calls them on their bullshit, it's violence or treason.

If a person on the left physically assaults someone and destroys property, it's merely protesting.

That is why they attack Trump for using locker room talk in private (or so he thought) while apparently condoning Bill Clinton taking advantage of underage sex slaves on the Lolita and the island.

Hillary can delete emails, which is clearly against the law, but Trump can't go out to eat with his family without inviting the press.

Trump decides to protect Americans by placing a ban on known terrorist countries who have admitted they are using the refugee crisis to smuggle in terrorists and the left loses their shit. Liberals send out hired thugs to bully people who oppose their agenda and the left wants more of it.

Double standard doesn't begin to describe all this. Propaganda, pure and simple. And the harder they try to smear Trump or hide facts to protect the image of Dems, the more people get turned off by the left's tactics. I hope they keep it up.
The typical Right-wing perpetual VICTIM card as rationalization for all their bad behavior!!!
When we get upset we vote. When leftists get upset you sling your baby diapers around and think it means something other than what it is, childish behavior.

Ever since January 20, the media has been bathing in dreams of assassination of the president. They have pretended in plays, in speeches, in talks and marches. Democrats have wanted to burn the white house down, mused about actors assassinating the president. Insulted, castigated, denigrated, mocked and made every attempt to ruin the president, his wife, his family and tried their level best to attach the label of autism to his 11 year old son, saying he deserved it because he's the president's son.

The media deserves everything it gets.. They had a six month free ride during which time they were allowed the freedom to verbally assassinate the man they wanted so badly to physically assassinate without being challenged. Their six months is up. It's time for a little push back. They can howl like the pack of wounded wolves they are.

Trump isn't the problem. The popular liberal media has earned a major slap-down. It's about time these chaps started giving us the facts, not a editorialized edited chocked full of social comments with a leftist spin. It pains me to watch the news anymore.
I agree with your statement except for the first part about Trump not being the problem. His is one of biggest purveyors of fake news.

images

Yeah sure... "Hands up don't shoot", "What do we want dead cops when do we want it now", "He could have been my son", etc,...

Yep! No problem there.

*****SARCASTIC CHUCKLE*****

What are you talking about? Want to try again to make a coherent arguement in relation to the discussion?

images

I'm being completely coherent. You wish to discuss the creation of fake news that's inflammatory.

Have you been living under a rock for the last eight or nine years?

*****CHUCKLE*****

I'm saying that our President plays a large role in the discourse of our country. He is in essence waging war against the news media and acting like a schoolyard bully. He is calling everything fake news while spreading fake news himself. He is instigating petty squabbles with news anchors instead of focusing on the important stuff. It is embarrassing and irresponsible. I'd think if you support his agenda you'd condemn this behavior. It only serves his ego

upload_2017-7-2_19-57-4.jpeg

What was embarrassing and irresponsible was the last presidency inciting violence against the people who attempt to uphold the laws of this nation with his rhetoric and the support of the progressive news media.

*****SMILE*****

Forum List

Back