In the old days when the Catholic Church helped rule a nation, things were better

justaschmuck9

Platinum Member
Aug 1, 2022
At one time the Catholic Church reflected, far better than today, the values put forth in the Old Testament.

When I was young I tried to read that book and.. couldn't (wouldnt) get anywhere. I guess I just didn't get a lot of htings back then. But today, I get things better.. I finally read the whole thing some years ago. I never got used to all the bloodshed! God told his people to kill this or that person or group! Who can believe such things?

And yet, God knows evil and our propensity toward it far better than anyone. In those days, He wouldn't tolerate evil being in the "camp" of the Israelites. AFter one war I don't recall the name of off the top of my head, He told his people to kill off all the prisoners, even children. Today, we scoff at such... but think about it. If a child grew up and found out what happend, how they had killed his parents in a war... there would likely be hell to pay.. God was attempting to build up His Kingdom on Earth and He knew everyone had to be on the same page about law and order or it would not work.

Then the Catholic Church came along and basically had the same kind of thought.. purge egregious sin from society. Yes, there were excesses, although, as most people do not realize, a lot of common criminals and others ASKED to be tried by the Inquisition Court because on that court, as opposed to the merely secular one, you had priests and theologians judging your situation.. and they of course had to answer to GOD. Many times the secular court wanted to execute someone for heresy (and certain heresies do cause a lot of damage to society) but the Church said No, you can't force someone to believe (this or that)..

so anyway... if things today were more like they were in that era.. maybe we wouldn't have "pride" parades... wouldn't have perverts teaching our children perversion in our schools.. men marrying men... and babies being slaughtered by the millions

Ah yes…when Catholic’s ruled, the good old days.

At one time the Catholic Church reflected, far better than today, the values put forth in the Old Testament.

When I was young I tried to read that book and.. couldn't (wouldnt) get anywhere. I guess I just didn't get a lot of htings back then. But today, I get things better.. I finally read the whole thing some years ago. I never got used to all the bloodshed! God told his people to kill this or that person or group! Who can believe such things?

And yet, God knows evil and our propensity toward it far better than anyone. In those days, He wouldn't tolerate evil being in the "camp" of the Israelites. AFter one war I don't recall the name of off the top of my head, He told his people to kill off all the prisoners, even children. Today, we scoff at such... but think about it. If a child grew up and found out what happend, how they had killed his parents in a war... there would likely be hell to pay.. God was attempting to build up His Kingdom on Earth and He knew everyone had to be on the same page about law and order or it would not work.

Then the Catholic Church came along and basically had the same kind of thought.. purge egregious sin from society. Yes, there were excesses, although, as most people do not realize, a lot of common criminals and others ASKED to be tried by the Inquisition Court because on that court, as opposed to the merely secular one, you had priests and theologians judging your situation.. and they of course had to answer to GOD. Many times the secular court wanted to execute someone for heresy (and certain heresies do cause a lot of damage to society) but the Church said No, you can't force someone to believe (this or that)..

so anyway... if things today were more like they were in that era.. maybe we wouldn't have "pride" parades... wouldn't have perverts teaching our children perversion in our schools.. men marrying men... and babies being slaughtered by the millions
Thank you for reading the Bible. Read it again. You will be surprised at how much more you will get out of it the second time.

The Inquisition reflects on Catholic values better than today? Keep in mind the powerful pro abortion fanatics who will do any kind of dirty tricks to try to regain power. My guess is that the post is a left wing anti-Catholic rant.

Tater, Pelosi, and Schumer are "Catholics".

6rdrph.jpg

Read 2nd Timothy 3. It will take you about 3 minutes to do so. Then read the book of 2nd Peter(40 min.) which zeroes what should be a persons most important subject: their final fate for eternity(beyond the time continuum). 2nd Peter says more with less words about mankind & his two optional fates than the rest of the the old testament & new testament put together.

The Catholics were so compassionate to unwed mothers.

I knew the Snark mongers would soon descend... or wait.. maybe they have ascended, not descended.. You have to be in a high place to descend 2 a lower place..

In any case, I'm not going to read any of your comments since I have heard it all already.. distorted history and LYING history.

The only Catholic "church" I am against is the one that reared its ugly head at Vatican II, which was in the 1960s. The true teachings of hte Church were done away with for the most part. Many Catholic Churches are repairing the damage but some... :dunno:

I knew the Snark mongers would soon descend... or wait.. maybe they have ascended, not descended.. You have to be in a high place to descend 2 a lower place..

In any case, I'm not going to read any of your comments since I have heard it all already.. distorted history and LYING history.

The only Catholic "church" I am against is the one that reared its ugly head at Vatican II, which was in the 1960s. The true teachings of hte Church were done away with for the most part. Many Catholic Churches are repairing the damage but some... :dunno:
Of course you won't read it. They reveal a very ugly underbelly of the Church.

Better for who?
everyone

Just because there were (are) sinners in the Church does not mean the whole Church should be thrown out w/ the bathwater. Otherwise, you'd have to destroy the entire world. people outside the Church (surprise surprise) are also sinners!

Actually, I do tend to throw out the whole Pope F church as I call it w/ the proverbial bath water ... because as stated, the Church went off the rails in the 1960s trying to conform to the ways of the world when Jesus on the other hand instructed us to go against the world, because, as we all know, the world is full of... anti-Christs.. The clergy were wrong to"open the windows of the Church and let the world come in" or however they said it.. (first 6 words are verbatim)

No, the world needs to open its windows and doors to the Church Christ founded.

And even if 99% of Catholics are evil (and sometimes I think that's so), the CC is still the Original Church Christ founded, preserved by the Society of St Pius X... which is in opposition to the so called "church" of bergoglio-----------

Thank you for reading the Bible. Read it again. You will be surprised at how much more you will get out of it the second time.
I have gone through the OT 1 1/2 times, but if one goes to Mass daily for 3 years, one will hear 80% of the whole Bible both Old and N (minus such things as So and So begat So and So...etc)

I have read the New over and over.. on top of hearing it read from the pulpit at Mass daily.

I have issues with the bergoglio "church" but Jesus's tangible Presence abides there still... despite the egregious sin.. As per Mt 2820 Jesus promised to be with us "always, until the end of the age"

Of course you won't read it. They reveal a very ugly underbelly of the Church.
I'm an expert on the underbelly of the Church

Only a devout Catholic can be.... People outside the Church don't have a clue in comparison

When the Church "helped" rule a nation like in the Inquisition?

Hmmmm....I don't know...:dunno:
well, at least you admit u don't know

so many nonCatholics say this and that (that they have heard from their protestant pastors) about the CC and yet have never read much of anything about it... or what they have read is written by someone who read some other anti-Catholic person and believed what he said, hook, line and sinker, whether it was true or not

Martin Luther was right about the Vatican. Hence the need for the Protestant reformation and the doctrine of Sola Scriptura.
NOT true

Martin Luther said VILE things about others, inside and outside the Church, wehther it was remotely warranted or not. He once said that a person could commit adultery 20 times a day and still go to Heaven. That is the most un-Biblical, anti-Biblical thing I have ever heard someone say. He is a certified heretic, lawfully and publicly excommunicated from the Original Church that Christ founded.

We do know that the veneration of Mary is not of Scripture. She was a sinner just as much as any other person on the face of the Earth.
I'm going to believe a 2000 year old Church founded by Jesus Christ over some stranger on the internet, a sinner like myself..

(by the way, sinners can discern Truth despite their sinfulness [although they do that much better when not in mortal sin [so I refer to venial sin]...)

Forum List

Back