In the old days when the Catholic Church helped rule a nation, things were better

Tater, Pelosi, and Schumer are "Catholics".

6rdrph.jpg
Like hell they are..

Stop acting like the whole Church is hate-worthy just because of its members! Good grief, with logic like that, no one will believe you on political issues either..

The Church is holy so you had better watch what you say about it. I think God can tell the difference (though humans obviously cannot) between people in the Church and the Church period..

If something were reject-worthy and worthy of Hell because it was full of sinners

all ocean liners would sink
all airplanes would crash
all hateful posters on forums would be banned forever

etc

NOT true

Martin Luther said VILE things about others, inside and outside the Church, wehther it was remotely warranted or not. He once said that a person could commit adultery 20 times a day and still go to Heaven. That is the most un-Biblical, anti-Biblical thing I have ever heard someone say. He is a certified heretic, lawfully and publicly excommunicated from the Original Church that Christ founded.
Christ never founded the Catholic cult. that was Constantine. In fact the Vatican grossly misinterpreted Peter's role. Peter is properly translated in Greek as "Petros" which means "pebble". And Salvation cannot be earned ever!

I'm going to believe a 2000 year old Church founded by Jesus Christ over some stranger on the internet, a sinner like myself..

(by the way, sinners can discern Truth despite their sinfulness [although they do that much better when not in mortal sin [so I refer to venial sin]...)
Sin is sin no matter what. There is no venial nor mortal sin, that's just more Catholic baggage. Christ's death on the Cross and His resurrection secures salvation for all who put their trust in Him and Him alone. Not some priest.

Christ never founded the Catholic cult. that was Constantine. In fact the Vatican grossly misinterpreted Peter's role. Peter is properly translated in Greek as "Petros" which means "pebble". And Salvation cannot be earned ever!
this is what you have been told. I am weary of hearing it.. must have heard this "argument" 100 times in the last few years..

All I can say is that if you ever find a truly sincere priest/Church, you will be one fortunate human being. How do I know? Because I have been both outside the Church and inside and I know the difference. Protestants do not.

Sin is sin no matter what. There is no venial nor mortal sin, that's just more Catholic baggage. Christ's death on the Cross and His resurrection secures salvation for all who put their trust in Him and Him alone. Not some priest.
It is in the Bible, mortal sin v venial only it is called (mortal, that is): a sin unto death -- in comparison to one that is not

I know the Bible better than most people

this is what you have been told. I am weary of hearing it.. must have heard this "argument" 100 times in the last few years..

All I can say is that if you ever find a truly sincere priest/Church, you will be one fortunate human being. How do I know? Because I have been both outside the Church and inside and I know the difference. Protestants do not.
Then you are lost and on your way to Hell because you refuse to accept G-d's free gift of Salvation and be born again.

Also, back in those days, people were burned at the stake for heresy, fun times. Not.

As any group attains power corruption can occur. Self-importance of the men at the top may be a given. The Middle Ages may have had that but there was a renaissance to the world also. The Catholic Church at the local levels may have been and were in many instances, different as the years went by.

Then you are lost and on your way to Hell because you refuse to accept G-d's free gift of Salvation and be born again.
you have no clue what I have accepted or not accepted

how utterly presumptuous. You sound like the vicious dimrats I argue w/ in Politics... just want to insult anyone who doesn't think exactly like you

so Christian of you

I seem to remember learning about something called the Catholic inquisition.

View attachment 688661
In the interest in fairness, maybe you should show depictions of Protestants killing priests whose only crime was

saying Mass

Most Protestants don't know a damn thing about the Inquisition or anything else having to do with Catholicism

But pride being ubiquitous in our world and present in every human being... we get it that you can't ADMIT to not knowing something...

That's what your Protestant (Please give a donation to my "church") pastor told you

that all Catholics go to Hell and no Protestant does.

geez... unbelievable how people just believe others about something so important..

As any group attains power corruption can occur. Self-importance of the men at the top may be a given. The Middle Ages may have had that but there was a renaissance to the world also. The Catholic Church at the local levels may have been and were in many instances, different as the years went by.
One thing I have learned from my experiences in this world is just how prone to LIES everyone is. You see this in the political realm, you see it in the religious realm--EVERYWHERE.

But another thing I have learned is that we practicing Catholics are too afraid of Hell to lie our asses off.

Too bad everyone doesn't have the same sentiment

In the interest in fairness, maybe you should show depictions of Protestants killing priests whose only crime was

saying Mass

Most Protestants don't know a damn thing about the Inquisition or anything else having to do with Catholicism

But pride being ubiquitous in our world and present in every human being... we get it that you can't ADMIT to not knowing something...
Perhaps when the subject is Protestants I will point out their cruelty.

Christianity is a wonderful religion. The problem is often Christians misuse it for power and profit.

Christianity is a wonderful religion. The problem is often Christians misuse it for power and profit.
yeh, and Cahtolics know about the Catholic Church and Protestants do not-- one thing I have learned and re-learned and re-learned. Every time I talk to a Protestant, I re-learn it... tiresome as hell... people telling you what you are and what you believe, people who don't know a thing about you--and don't want to..

geez.. whatever happened to giving a person a chance.. whatever happened to not hating people you don't even know...

bizarre

no wonder this world is in terrible terrible shape

The topic is Christianity and the Church Christ established, which was split by the heretic Luther (officially, publicly excommunicated)

it's the same topic whether u htink so or not.. a topic that could also be called Hypocrisy... double standards... fake Christians.. It's all the same in my mind

At one time the Catholic Church reflected, far better than today, the values put forth in the Old Testament.

When I was young I tried to read that book and.. couldn't (wouldnt) get anywhere. I guess I just didn't get a lot of htings back then. But today, I get things better.. I finally read the whole thing some years ago. I never got used to all the bloodshed! God told his people to kill this or that person or group! Who can believe such things?

And yet, God knows evil and our propensity toward it far better than anyone. In those days, He wouldn't tolerate evil being in the "camp" of the Israelites. AFter one war I don't recall the name of off the top of my head, He told his people to kill off all the prisoners, even children. Today, we scoff at such... but think about it. If a child grew up and found out what happend, how they had killed his parents in a war... there would likely be hell to pay.. God was attempting to build up His Kingdom on Earth and He knew everyone had to be on the same page about law and order or it would not work.

Then the Catholic Church came along and basically had the same kind of thought.. purge egregious sin from society. Yes, there were excesses, although, as most people do not realize, a lot of common criminals and others ASKED to be tried by the Inquisition Court because on that court, as opposed to the merely secular one, you had priests and theologians judging your situation.. and they of course had to answer to GOD. Many times the secular court wanted to execute someone for heresy (and certain heresies do cause a lot of damage to society) but the Church said No, you can't force someone to believe (this or that)..

so anyway... if things today were more like they were in that era.. maybe we wouldn't have "pride" parades... wouldn't have perverts teaching our children perversion in our schools.. men marrying men... and babies being slaughtered by the millions
we're they purging sin from the community though the blowjobs of alter boys?

yeh, and Cahtolics know about the Catholic Church and Protestants do not-- one thing I have learned and re-learned and re-learned. Every time I talk to a Protestant, I re-learn it... tiresome as hell... people telling you what you are and what you believe, people who don't know a thing about you--and don't want to..

geez.. whatever happened to giving a person a chance.. whatever happened to not hating people you don't even know...

bizarre

no wonder this world is in terrible terrible shape
I have attended a Catholic Mass and I was impressed by it. It was in New Orleans at the Basilica on Jackson Square.

My parents were both raised Catholic but were both divorced. Ny father had attended a Catholic high school and was quite knowledgeable about the Bible and religion but was not a church going person. My mother used to read the Bible to me. I, like my father am not a church going person but I do study religion and the Bible.

I have attended a Catholic Mass and I was impressed by it. It was in New Orleans at the Basilica on Jackson Square.

My parents were both raised Catholic but were both divorced. Ny father had attended a Catholic high school and was quite knowledgeable about the Bible and religion but was not a church going person. My mother used to read the Bible to me. I, like my father am not a church going person but I do study religion and the Bible.
I was never told about this one thing, the most AWESOME thing about the Catholic Church until some 25 years ago, namely: the Real Presence. I can't spend much time there today.. but at one time in my life, I did and it made a HUGE difference to me.. The scary thing is that when you don't do that for a long time and/or don't attend Sunday Mass regularly, you lose what you had.. I don't like the novus ordo "church" and yet the Real Presence of Christ is still there in most of those NO Churches.. (Jesus promised He would never leave us [even if we have a pope from Hell]).

I recommend that for everyone... although, knowing what I know about the closed mindedness of a lot of Protestants.. I am not sure... well, let's just say they would probably have to be there a LONG time b4.. they would lose hteir closed-mindedness... ? God knows... We all have to be there a long time, though, because we are just so FALLEN

Anyway, I share the good things God has given me... not trying to cram anything down anyone's throat... just SHARING because... Jesus said to. :)

I knew the Snark mongers would soon descend... or wait.. maybe they have ascended, not descended.. You have to be in a high place to descend 2 a lower place..

In any case, I'm not going to read any of your comments since I have heard it all already.. distorted history and LYING history.

The only Catholic "church" I am against is the one that reared its ugly head at Vatican II, which was in the 1960s. The true teachings of hte Church were done away with for the most part. Many Catholic Churches are repairing the damage but some... :dunno:

You weren't born yet...

Forum List

Back