In response to Mac 1958 s thread regarding partisanship.

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Its on the first page here and is an interesting thread regarding the corrosive effect of partisanship on the national experience.

The thread throws up interesting points along with some predictable partisanship.

I would like to throw out a challenge to all on here.

Please list one opposition act or stance that you either support or have no problem with.

Dont try and be clever about this. As a leading opinion former on here I can sniff out bullshit a mile off.

I will kick off. I have no problem with tory policies to reduce the amount of inheritance tax that people have to pay.

So there you go, play nice.

Its on the first page here and is an interesting thread regarding the corrosive effect of partisanship on the national experience.

The thread throws up interesting points along with some predictable partisanship.

Please list one opposition act or stance that you either support or have no problem with.

Dont try and be clever about this. As a leading opinion former on here I can sniff out bullshit a mile off.

I will kick off. I have no problem with tory policies to reduce the amount of inheritance tax that people have to pay.

I tried this a while ago, didn't go over so well. Would you like to lead by example tommy?

Republicans' illegal immigrant policy, including stopping funding to sanctuary cities.
I'm not actually a Democrat, but folks here insist I'm a liberal, so I guess the above is "the opposition."

I tried this a while ago, didn't go over so well. Would you like to lead by example tommy?
I did.

I did.

I'm not seeing what policy you'd agree with.

I'm obviously a liberal but also consider myself to be fiscally conservative. I agree with the conservative principle but rarely the policy. Entitlement reform is going to have to be addressed. I just prefer that it's not done entirely by Repubs.

- Trump prematurely moved on the 'travel ban' should have had Sessions confirmed at the very least.
- Trump / Ryan's healthcare overall also should have waited until private sector viability had been fleshed out / facilitated

- Trump prematurely moved on the 'travel ban' should have had Sessions confirmed at the very least.
- Trump / Ryan's healthcare overall also should have waited until private sector viability had been fleshed out / facilitated

I don't think you understood the premise of the OP.

I did.

Cutting inheritance tax. The left see it as the tories looking after their own. I dont see it as important.

I think I do... gave x 2 instead of x 1 opposition stances that I "support" or "don't have a problem with"

Mac is actually one of the most partisan members of this board, if you apply the actual definition:

an adherent or supporter of a person, group, party, or cause, especially a person who shows a biased, emotional allegiance

Mac's 'cause' is his contempt for anyone who happens by virtue of their own opinions to fall strongly on the left or right.

...and yes, he has a 'biased, emotional allegiance' to that cause.

He is what he condemns, but doesn't realize it.

I think I do... gave x 2 instead of x 1 opposition stances that I "support" or "don't have a problem with"

You're claiming to be liberal then?

I did.

Cutting inheritance tax. The left see it as the tories looking after their own. I dont see it as important.

Gotcha. Yea death tax is pretty ridiculous since that money has already been taxed, and it doesn't just effect the rich, but everyone.

I'd say prison/criminal justice reform. You do the crime you pay the time, but that's it. Seal the records up for almost all industry, (except for maybe schools or industries like that). Once you've completed parole or whatever, you get 100% of your rights back, and every opportunity as every other American. Also quit with the mandatory minimums for non violent crimes. Marijuana should be legal across the board, so should all other drugs, but leave those to a state by state basis. I get it's hard to say legalize Heroin but you can't deny how addictions plummeted when Portugal did it, war on drugs has so heavily failed in this country. Once you do that the prison system will pretty much reform itself, since they'll lose about a 3rd or so of the prison population. Probably more.

Hahahahaha

You are so full of it

One of my conservative friends were talking about restaurant regulations. He made a point that the rise in Food Trucks were a result of people not being able to afford restaurants because of things like upgrading stoves, gas lines, etc. For example: McDonald's could go to politicians and tell them a new fire safety system is best and should be required. McDonald's can afford this new system when the local breakfast joint cant and creates a financial hardship.

I can agree with situations like that.

One of my conservative friends were talking about restaurant regulations. He made a point that the rise in Food Trucks were a result of people not being able to afford restaurants because of things like upgrading stoves, gas lines, etc. For example: McDonald's could go to politicians and tell them a new fire safety system is best and should be required. McDonald's can afford this new system when the local breakfast joint cant and creates a financial hardship.

I can agree with situations like that.
The federal government has always picked winners and losers… That is their job

Ive been making a pot of tea and thinking about this.

Another right wing policy in the UK has been the relaxing of the rules on pensions.

Previously you saved for a pension with an insurance/investment company. When you retired you were forced to buy an annuity with that company and in many cases got a crap deal.
Its changed now. Your pension can be anything,shares,funds,land and held in a personal wrapper. You dont need to even take out an annuity.

Ive just received an offer on one of my accounts and it was ridiculously bad. I can stay invested get a better return and retain my capital. Happy days indeed.

I totally approve of this policy although I recognise that people could blow their money on nonsense.

For those not oriented to the binary political ailment, there is no 'opposition' position to favor; we favor what works no matter who presents it.

Forum List

Back