If we've learned anything, it is this: Take better care of yourself.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Once the country opens back up again and we get back to some level of normalcy, do yourself a big favor. Get healthier. And that means physically and mentally. Viruses are not going away, heck we could see China virus back before the year is over. Be ready. If you are heavy, lose weight. If your blood pressure is high, bring it down. If you are stressed, try to manage it better. If your immune system is weak, make it stronger. We can all be healthier versions of ourselves and this would be a great time to work on that.

I plan to stay healthy by sitting at home drinking beer, smoking cigarettes, and playing video games. I was social distancing before it was cool.

Once the country opens back up again and we get back to some level of normalcy, do yourself a big favor. Get healthier. And that means physically and mentally. Viruses are not going away, heck we could see China virus back before the year is over. Be ready. If you are heavy, lose weight. If your blood pressure is high, bring it down. If you are stressed, try to manage it better. If your immune system is weak, make it stronger. We can all be healthier versions of ourselves and this would be a great time to work on that.

Dude you obviously know nothing about medicine.

My mothers immune system is very weak. Not because she failed to "make it stronger" or because she wants a weakened immune system but because she has to take very strong medication for her arthritis that is debilitating for her without the medication. Arthritis is your bodys immune system attacking itself so the medicine for it makes the immune system much weaker so it will stop attacking itself and your joints will work again. But that also makes people taking it vulnerable to viruses and bacteria that the bodies of stronger immune systems could possibly fight and repel on their own.

It's not as simple as if you're fat lose weight. Some medical conditions are just there, a part of life and not the fault of the person who has them.

Sometimes life throws you a curve, you can't fight your DNA, but you can alter it within reason. God sometimes decides our fate, but if you can take control, you owe it yourself to do so. It's the one decision making process no one can take from you. How you operate and what you consume on a day to day basis.

My simple advice for anyone wanting to stay healthy, and I've been a skinny rake when I used to be on the cross country team to being overweight years after my work out passion left me with with an eating habit that no longer suited my sedentary lifestyle: go for walks if you can. Even if you changed nothing else in your lifestyle, this one addition can do wonders.

After you eat is great as it helps burn your food and get your metabolism kicking. If you just walked around the block after every meal, you would cut back the absorption of a great number of pounds over the course of a year. It's a natural movement, it's simple, easy, free and the body enjoys it. Also, find some vitamins to fill in for any lost nutrition and calories if you are cutting back. This is also where a dog is great as you have some company while you both get some exercise.

My mothers immune system is very weak. Not because she failed to "make it stronger" or because she wants a weakened immune system but because she has to take very strong medication for her arthritis that is debilitating for her without the medication. Arthritis is your bodys immune system attacking itself so the medicine for it makes the immune system much weaker so it will stop attacking itself and your joints will work again. But that also makes people taking it vulnerable to viruses and bacteria that the bodies of stronger immune systems could possibly fight and repel on their own.

It's not as simple as if you're fat lose weight. Some medical conditions are just there, a part of life and not the fault of the person who has them.
Every person's case is different. While one person's immune system can be compromised and not boosted, another person's can be with diet, vitamins, getting better sleep etc. While one person's weight may be very difficult to bring down that is not the case for most people. High BMI and diabetes are major factors in COVID-19 vulnerability and many other diseases.

That's why I put a case of party size potato chips on my list. :thup:

Every person's case is different. While one person's immune system can be compromised and not boosted, another person's can be with diet, vitamins, getting better sleep etc. While one person's weight may be very difficult to bring down that is not the case for most people. High BMI and diabetes are major factors in COVID-19 vulnerability and many other diseases.

And I stand by what I say. Not everyone's medical problems are of their own making.

And I stand by what I say. Not everyone's medical problems are of their own making.
I agree, it was too over reaching for me to say We can ALL be healthier versions of ourselves. Some cannot. Most can.

Forum List

Back