Good News for the Global Warming Concerned: Fossil Fuel is a Finite Resource, so the Free Market will Take Care of its Demise

Because, using fossil fuel for electricity isn’t necessary…

Not now..you‘re too fucking old to worry about being drafted to fight in wars that are always about fossil fuels. Wtf do you think the invasion of Ukraine is about ?
Exactly why I want to stay out of Ukraine.
So lets plant fission reactors all over the place then leave it up to idiot Trump and his buddy Putin to decide when to place civilians in nato as hostages to fall out. Nope, that kind of use has too many unnecessary draw backs..it’s an ignorant use of another dirty source.
All forms of energy have their drawbacks. Texan politicians used to brag that we were the biggest users of windmills. Until we had a hard freeze and they proved useless.

All forms of energy have their drawbacks. Texan politicians used to brag that we were the biggest users of windmills. Until we had a hard freeze and they proved useless.
Radioactivity drifting down wind and making areas including ground water, uninhabitable for decades…. is more than just a draw back..

Texas debacle had nothing to do with the windmills. They functioned flawlessly. The typical neglect for infrastructure and inability to draw from a larger grid was the problem. We have wind mills here where its -20 f and there is never a problem..but you have to winterize your fossil fuel infrastructure which Tex-ass doesn’t want to do.
That’s why these idiots have their own grid. They’re too cheap to modernize and keep up with demand..but they loved getting bailed out by the Fed…

Last edited:

BTW…
You‘er spreading a lie…do the research.
That’s a lie spread by idiot gov. The wind mills were fine..
They FAILED to winterize the system including nat gas…
Its in line to happen again. They are stupid dolts. That’s why they have their own system. The national grid requires winterization….they’re too cheap till it comes down for asking for help from the Fed for their own problem

Typical of Tex-ass conservatives, they want handouts.

Radioactivity drifting down wind and making areas including ground water, uninhabitable for decades…. is more than just a draw back..
So all of France is inhabitable?
Texas debacle had nothing to do with the windmills. They functioned flawlessly. The typical neglect for infrastructure and inability to draw from a larger grid was the problem. We have wind mills here where its -20 f and there is never a problem..but you have to winterize your fossil fuel infrastructure which Tex-ass doesn’t want to do.
That’s why these idiots have their own grid. They’re too cheap to modernize and keep up with demand..but they loved getting bailed out by the Fed…
The windmills froze and were useless. Stop making up facts.

Only the birds benefitted during that freeze, since windmills kill so many of them.

So all of France is inhabitable?
When was France invaded by Putin ? You know something we don’t ?
The windmills froze and were useless. Stop making up facts.
Thats bull shit…you have no link. I do. Your made up shit doesn’t cut it. We have had windmills here for years on the Canada border….they never froze. it’s bullshut
Only the birds benefitted during that freeze, since windmills kill so many of them.
That’s hilarious. Now you’re a bird lover. ..cars and cats and planes kill many times more birds….not even close.

I worked in the oil and gas industry for 37 years.
That is significant, a buddy of mine here also works in the industry, he's a private troubleshooter who specialized in maintaining oil pipelines. I mentioned to him the fact that oil does not appear to come from life and he pointed out that in the oil industry the source areas are designated by their geological/paleontologiacal origin. Oil fields are commonly designated "permian" or "devonian" etc.

While I don't see an industry belief system being able to change how oil is formed, this all does point to the fact that there are many points of view here.

That is significant, a buddy of mine here also works in the industry, he's a private troubleshooter who specialized in maintaining oil pipelines. I mentioned to him the fact that oil does not appear to come from life and he pointed out that in the oil industry the source areas are designated by their geological/paleontologiacal origin. Oil fields are commonly designated "permian" or "devonian" etc.

While I don't see an industry belief system being able to change how oil is formed, this all does point to the fact that there are many points of view here.
Yup, oil needs to be refined. So far, you need to know the make up of the crude you’d be refining. So…..

When was France invaded by Putin ? You know something we don’t ?

Thats bull shit…you have no link. I do. Your made up shit doesn’t cut it. We have had windmills here for years on the Canada border….they never froze. it’s bullshut

That’s hilarious. Now you’re a bird lover. ..cars and cats and planes kill many times more birds….not even close.
Cats?

Yup, oil needs to be refined. So far, you need to know the make up of the crude you’d be refining. So…..
whoa, that sure is CLEVER, you WIN for today!

Seriously, I understand that most folks on these threads are into this "nyah nyah I'm better than you" bit and I can see it meets some kind of need that I wouldn't want to stop. However my situation is that first, I really don't care who's better than whom, and second this anthropomorphic global warming thing has a lot of good people in it and I'm too busy trying to find out what there is to it.

Bottom line, have a good one & cheers, maybe we'll link up on some other subject down the road.

whoa, that sure is CLEVER, you WIN for today!

Seriously, I understand that most folks on these threads are into this "nyah nyah I'm better than you" bit and I can see it meets some kind of need that I wouldn't want to stop. However my situation is that first, I really don't care who's better than whom, and second this anthropomorphic global warming thing has a lot of good people in it and I'm too busy trying to find out what there is to it.

Bottom line, have a good one & cheers, maybe we'll link up on some other subject down the road.
We’re what, since the late 1950’s studying the effects of increase in the rate of change of our climate, and you’re just getting around to, “ find out what there is to it.” ?

you get concrete evidence presented in layman terms in anyone of tens of thousand of legit sources…like NASA, AAAS and the like . Why would you even care what is spouted here on a forum.

They are finite, also. I think much of those raw materials can be recycled.

But, sure. Anything that relies on digging material out of the Earth is bound to reach a point at which there is no more to be had. Long before that, it will start getting more and more expensive to dig it out, and that will drive development of alternatives.

I can't imagine the alternative to batteries to store electricity, but I'm sure people once could not imagine the alternative to the horse.
Silly really if you know this issue

SINCE

Electric vehicles release more toxic emissions, are worse for the environment than gas-powered cars: study​

By
Social Links forShannon Thaler
Published March 5, 2024

Silly really if you know this issue

SINCE

Electric vehicles release more toxic emissions, are worse for the environment than gas-powered cars: study​

By
Social Links forShannon Thaler
Published March 5, 2024
You must be embarrassed by your own source. You can’t even post a link…

Forum List

Back