If the most important thing poor Americans need is identity in commonality why flood their neighborhoods with immigrants?

I don't think commonality is what the poor need. Opportunities, education, job skills, and a fair chance is what they need. Commonality is worthless.
When you went to school did you go to schools where half the kids were from different countries? And the display of culture distracted the locals so much that education levels have falllen through the basement?
You weren't "distracted;" you failed because you're stupid, Jitler.
Such a [sic] angry young man.

I see you still haven't improved your English, Jitler.

I don't think commonality is what the poor need. Opportunities, education, job skills, and a fair chance is what they need. Commonality is worthless.
When you went to school did you go to schools where half the kids were from different countries? And the display of culture distracted the locals so much that education levels have falllen through the basement?

Why are you harassing me callling me names and derailing this thread .. can I get some help with this loser?

The public school system was desegregated when I was in. Went from 1 or 2 blacks for all 6 grades of elementary to around 1/3 black for the rest of my time in school.

If having another culture simply being present distracted you that much, you probably weren't going to be paying attention anyway.
Blacks speak English no?

Yes they do.

So now you will key in on that, and ignore the post about working with Hispanics? Okey dokey.

My point is that commonality is not what the poor need. It does nothing for them. It does nothing to lift them out of their poverty.
So you graduated from a school with commonality then got a job working with a few Latinos for a day or two and you think you can relate to what I’m saying? Haha

No, I finished school and joined the Navy. The commonality you think is so important was largely not present in Basic Training. I was one of 3 southerners in a company of 85 guys. Most of them were from the northeast. They talked about the southerners, made fun of the southerners and shunned the southerners. I still did what I had to do to get through it.

And it was not just working with a few Latinos for a day or two. It was almost a year of working with 30 or 40 Latinos. And we worked our asses off. If they made fun of, or talked about the "gringo", I didn't give a damn. We worked side by side. I earned their respect.

Why are you harassing me callling me names and derailing this thread .. can I get some help with this loser?
Can someone run an IP address check on this old troll and his sock account?

The public school system was desegregated when I was in. Went from 1 or 2 blacks for all 6 grades of elementary to around 1/3 black for the rest of my time in school.

If having another culture simply being present distracted you that much, you probably weren't going to be paying attention anyway.
Blacks speak English no?

Yes they do.

So now you will key in on that, and ignore the post about working with Hispanics? Okey dokey.

My point is that commonality is not what the poor need. It does nothing for them. It does nothing to lift them out of their poverty.
So you graduated from a school with commonality then got a job working with a few Latinos for a day or two and you think you can relate to what I’m saying? Haha

No, I finished school and joined the Navy. The commonality you think is so important was largely not present in Basic Training. I was one of 3 southerners in a company of 85 guys. Most of them were from the northeast. They talked about the southerners, made fun of the southerners and shunned the southerners. I still did what I had to do to get through it.

And it was not just working with a few Latinos for a day or two. It was almost a year of working with 30 or 40 Latinos. And we worked our asses off. If they made fun of, or talked about the "gringo", I didn't give a damn. We worked side by side. I earned their respect.
I don’t think you can relate to what I’m talking about. Sorry to bother you young fella

Have you ever worked in a room full of 12 Haitians? That can’t speak English? And you soon realize they been talking negatively about you? And hate America?

I have worked with crews of Hispanics. Most spoke no English. I didn't worry about whether they were talking about me. We got the work done. That was why we were there.
Are you poor?

I was.
So you were poor and you found it helpful that you had nothing in common with your co workers. Well you have nothing in common with most Americans.

What I had in common was that we had a job to do. There was bonding over that. But, given your views on other cultures, I am sure they could tell what you were thinking and wanted nothing to do with it.

Also, I have a lot in common with other Americans. I work hard. I treated everyone with respect. I did not decide they were worthless without any reason.
Was this job that required some skill in training?

Two parts of the job did. Most did not. I worked putting in underground conduit and fiber optics. I was part of the directional boring crew. The Latinos did the manual labor, mostly digging the holes and exposing existing utilities. Best crew I ever worked with were Latinos.

Jitter is when
Have you ever worked in a room full of 12 Haitians? That can’t speak English? And you soon realize they been talking negatively about you? And hate America?

Stop lying, Jitler.
I don’t know what a jitler is or why you keep harassing me across this forum.
Jitler is when you havent had a drink in 6 hours. Make one up. It'll fix it

I have worked with crews of Hispanics. Most spoke no English. I didn't worry about whether they were talking about me. We got the work done. That was why we were there.
Are you poor?

I was.
So you were poor and you found it helpful that you had nothing in common with your co workers. Well you have nothing in common with most Americans.

What I had in common was that we had a job to do. There was bonding over that. But, given your views on other cultures, I am sure they could tell what you were thinking and wanted nothing to do with it.

Also, I have a lot in common with other Americans. I work hard. I treated everyone with respect. I did not decide they were worthless without any reason.

Two parts of the job did. Most did not. I worked putting in underground conduit and fiber optics. I was part of the directional boring crew. The Latinos did the manual labor, mostly digging the holes and exposing existing utilities. Best crew I ever worked with were Latinos.
So you were in a position of Authority?

Blacks speak English no?

Yes they do.

I don’t think you can relate to what I’m talking about. Sorry to bother you young fella

I do not relate. I have been poor. Having neighbors that look and sound like me did nothing to help me out of poverty.

Blacks speak English no?

Yes they do.

I do not relate. I have been poor. Having neighbors that look and sound like me did nothing to help me out of poverty.
Are you poor now!? Hmmm I’ll leave this to settle in

Are you poor?

I was.

No. I operated a machine. And I also dug the holes and exposed the existing utilities, just like they did.

job skills
Job skill to wash dishes? You realize some Americans just want these types of jobs,, many Americans raised a family being a dish washer..

Not any more. The cost of living went up while the wages did not.
And wages have dropped since 1965 immigration changes.. are you new to my history class? Well have a seat young man

I have heard your version of "history". And I laughed.

Are you poor?

I was.

No. I operated a machine. And I also dug the holes and exposed the existing utilities, just like they did.
Ah sounds like a skilled job you had to get trained for.. yes you worked with assimilated Latinos. Lucky you

job skills
Job skill to wash dishes? You realize some Americans just want these types of jobs,, many Americans raised a family being a dish washer..

Not any more. The cost of living went up while the wages did not.
And wages have dropped since 1965 immigration changes.. are you new to my history class? Well have a seat young man

I have heard your version of "history". And I laughed.
I beg your pardon?

Are you poor?

I was.

Ah sounds like a skilled job you had to get trained for.. yes you worked with assimilated Latinos. Lucky you

Digging holes does not require much in the way of skills. Assimilated? lol

Forum List

Back