If teachers were given the option to conceal carry, schools would be a lot safer.

Yep....dipstick......you train and arm the staff who volunteer.........and since 14 states already do it, and if there had been problems the democrat party press would have reported those problems over and over again....it is obvious that arming staff isn't the issue you have created in your mind...

14 states train and arm staff? Or 14 states allow staff to have guns/firearms if they like? There's probably a difference in the # of schools you're talking about there. If you're talking about guns in every one of our 130K + public schools--there will be problems. I'm not saying it's not worth it. I AM saying it's just one more crappy thing teachers will be blamed for.

There is a great deal of difference between allowing and requiring. We are already expected to do entirely too much for too little pay. If you don't believe me, see Free Market Principles. Are people crowding around for those super easy teaching jobs with summers off? no. huh. I wonder why.
Tell us.

I'm the "Leftist" who voted for Trump twice? That's....amazing.

And yes if you require teachers to arm on top of everything else there will be an exodus. But there already is one so....
I'm sure many young people who thought about being teachers have changed their minds.
You can't blame them. I wouldn't want to be a teacher now either.

I'm the "Leftist" who voted for Trump twice? That's....amazing.

And yes if you require teachers to arm on top of everything else there will be an exodus. But there already is one so....

No one wants to require teachers to be armed, so stop being dishonest...

There is nothing about the 1st and 2nd Amendments that say the NRA should be able to buy politicians...
The 1st Amendment says the NRA has the same right to lobby politicians and the UAW, NEA, NFT or any other organization.
You want to deny them that right based on the content of their speech.
Thus, a violation of the 1st Amendment.
or that 18 year old paranoid schziphrenics should be able to buy AR-15s.
The 2nd protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms.
Unless someone has had their right to keep and bear arms removed thru due process, they are of 'the people"; AR15s are 'arms"
So, denying someone the right to own an AR15 by simply labeling them a paranoid schizophrenic, you violate the 2nd.

See how obvious that was?

NO. I want less guns (ban assault rifles) and more gun control laws (stop allowing the NRA to donate money to politicians).
These steps make more sense than expecting teachers to act like policemen.

Which one is the assault rifle?

ar-15.png
5801.jpg

The 1st Amendment says the NRA has the same right to lobby politicians and the UAW, NEA, NFT or any other organization.
You want to deny them that right based on the content of their speech.
Thus, a violation of the 1st Amendment.

The 2nd protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms.
Unless someone has had their right to keep and bear arms removed thru due process, they are of 'the people"; AR15s are 'arms"
So, denying someone the right to own an AR15 by simply labeling them a paranoid schizophrenic, you violate the 2nd.

See how obvious that was?
Have a nice day.

Try this instead.

Last week you didn't trust us to choose books for second graders. Now, suddenly, we can be trusted with guns and ammo.

Sure.

Sure we can. We know how this goes--the minute something goes wrong it's our fault entirely.

Most teachers are saying "nope" even if we are gun owners. And I am. Don't like it? Well this is what happens when you denigrate an entire profession for far too long. The Left did it with cops and look what happened. Now the Right with teachers. Horse, barn door, closed. You know the rest.
I don't think anyone has denigrated teachers per se. It's the whole educational system that stinks.

I don't think anyone has denigrated teachers per se. It's the whole educational system that stinks.
Many many many people on this site have absolutely denigrated teachers many many many times. That is not an exaggeration.

It used to be that your parents raised you and you went to school to get an education. Sadly--tragically--too many children now are raised by schools. It's awful to think about, but true. And while there are people in my profession who should have NEVER gone into teaching, most truly want to teach and help.

And frankly, society has taken advantage of that as the family has disintegrated. We do more and more and more. We are expected to feed, teach and socialize children. See to their development as people. Attend to "mental health", etc. It's not that we don't *want* to do it. It's that--who can? Who can raise 25 different children every school year and then pass them on? Etc.

Forum List

Back