FBI statistics show 4 active shooters were stopped by armed citizens in 2021

When normal people can carry their guns they save lives

Read more: New FBI Report Shows Armed Citizens STOP Mass Shootings
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

newly-released FBI report on “active shooter incidents” in 2021 [embeded below] revealed four of those killers were stopped by armed private citizens

Yeah, and if that Texas school had an armed guard, he might have noticed when the shooter had fired AT the school building before entering. HE MIGHT have already had his gun drawn and prepared to intercept the threat.

When normal people can carry their guns they save lives

Read more: New FBI Report Shows Armed Citizens STOP Mass Shootings
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

newly-released FBI report on “active shooter incidents” in 2021 [embeded below] revealed four of those killers were stopped by armed private citizens

That's GREAT! And given that there were something like 693 mass shootings in 2021 with 702 people killed that's really impressive. If only those 4 people had been able to stop the other 702 deaths!

That's GREAT! And given that there were something like 693 mass shootings in 2021 with 702 people killed that's really impressive. If only those 4 people had been able to stop the other 702 deaths!

No, sorry that is a goofy premise. The vast majority of your 693 "mass shootings" are incidents of urban thugs shooting at other urban thugs . . . It's just the incident happens to ring that magic bell of 4 or more people injured (not necessarily killed) so it gets tallied as a "mass shooting" and the anti-gun robots are activated by central leftist narrative processing and here you are.

Those incidents thrown out by the DEMedia and anti-gun activist robots are absolutely NOT the same types of incidents the FBI tracks for its "active shooter" statistic. Had you clicked the link in the OP, you could have learned that the FBI's count for 2021, from which the OP's post about 4 incidents of defensive gun use (DGU) by a civilian was drawn from, was 61 incidents.

See, sumpin ain't right Cletus; 61 is not 693! One of these things is not like the other one (unless you are an anti-gun robot, then they are the same).

For most of your 693 incidents, the thought that a civic-minded good guy with a gun was within proximity and would be motivated to save one bad guy over the other bad guy, is more preposterous than if you suggested the "victims" should have jumped on a Unicorn and rode off to safety.

No, sorry that is a goofy premise. The vast majority of your 693 "mass shootings" are incidents of urban thugs shooting at other urban thugs . . . It's just the incident happens to ring that magic bell of 4 or more people injured (not necessarily killed) so it gets tallied as a "mass shooting" and the anti-gun robots are activated by central leftist narrative processing and here you are.

Those incidents thrown out by the DEMedia and anti-gun activist robots are absolutely NOT the same types of incidents the FBI tracks for its "active shooter" statistic. Had you clicked the link in the OP, you could have learned that the FBI's count for 2021, from which the OP's post about 4 incidents of defensive gun use (DGU) by a civilian was drawn from, was 61 incidents.

See, sumpin ain't right Cletus; 61 is not 693! One of these things is not like the other one (unless you are an anti-gun robot, then they are the same).

For most of your 693 incidents, the thought that a civic-minded good guy with a gun was within proximity and would be motivated to save one bad guy over the other bad guy, is more preposterous than if you suggested the "victims" should have jumped on a Unicorn and rode off to safety.

Whatever it takes to square your circle. Dead is dead.

What's the definition of a mass shooting?

There are several apparently.

I guess the key is to find the definition which eliminates the most blood from the calculus and go with that. That's because people who like guns a lot KNOW in their heart of hearts that hundreds of mass shootings each year, thousands of dead bodies, including little kids is REALLY SICKENING. So they try to hide the numbers or they run away from it all.

I'm not saying that "law abiding gun owners" are bad people, per se, I'm saying that they have FACILITATED the swamping of this country in guns. There's more guns than people here now. We have the highest per capita rate of gun ownership and the highest per capita rate of gun homicides of any developed nation on earth.

I guess the key is to find the definition which eliminates the most blood from the calculus and go with that. That's because people who like guns a lot KNOW in their heart of hearts that hundreds of mass shootings each year, thousands of dead bodies, including little kids is REALLY SICKENING. So they try to hide the numbers or they run away from it all.

I'm not saying that "law abiding gun owners" are bad people, per se, I'm saying that they have FACILITATED the swamping of this country in guns. There's more guns than people here now. We have the highest per capita rate of gun ownership and the highest per capita rate of gun homicides of any developed nation on earth.
So which definition was used to arrive at 693 mass shootings in 2021 with 702 people killed ?

Yes, there are and that leads to people who don't care that there are different criteria to mix and match and make ridiculous comparisons and draw malformed conclusions from those comparisons.

The tally you use comes from a compiler that is geared for high numbers and is a darling of the DEMedia and anti-gun activists, but as I said, includes mostly the usual day-to-day conflicts between criminals but ones that happen to ring the "four injured" bell.

We often hear that Australia limited guns after their massacre and has not had a mass shooting since 1996 . . . Australia's criteria says that at least 4 people need to be killed (New Zealand's is 5).

Is it a far comparison to say Australia has had no "mass shootings" and the US has had 693 "mass shootings" last year?

I would like the answers to, how many US criteria "mass shootings" has Australia had? How many Australia criteria "mass shootings has the US had?

We know that the "mass shooting" tally kept by Mother Jones uses much stricter criteria very similar to Australia's (and is criticized for it) and it shows 6 "mass shooting" incidents for last year.

Why does it seem like the left's agenda depends on fluid if not blatant redefining and misrepresentation of words and meanings?

It's not that. These are different crimes that demand different remedies. Could there be some "gun control" initiatives that could limit kids or troubled people access to guns? Yes. But when you throw in gangbangers who already own and use guns in violation of law as "evidence' we need to write more laws, is seen (and dismissed) as disingenuous.

Public policy should not be debated and enacted based on misrepresentation and duplicitous evidence.

That's the thing, we already know what it is, which is how we know you are just talking out of your ass, (and why you need to be deceptive is obvious too), which is why leftists cannot be trusted to establish public policy that impacts rights.

Whatever. At least I’m not on here trying to justify 19 dead 3rd graders.

Forum List

Back