If teachers were given the option to conceal carry, schools would be a lot safer.

I'm sure many young people who thought about being teachers have changed their minds.
You can't blame them. I wouldn't want to be a teacher now either.

People have accused me of not loving the kids or my profession enough because I am not putting on the Pollyanna facade. In fact the opposite is true. I cannot imagine my life without teaching....it's who I am. I'm so sad for teachers stepping into the profession now. And kids...it's all such a mess.

It used to be that your parents raised you and you went to school to get an education. Sadly--tragically--too many children now are raised by schools. It's awful to think about, but true. ....
No, it's not.

Given that teachers will be defending fixed locations like classrooms, instead of a pistol in a holster I think they will be better served with a rifle in a gun safe.

The rifle will be more effective, and the safe will keep it more secure.

Teachers should not have to carry guns in the classroom. Don't they have enough responsibility already?
This is a bad idea.
Do you prefer dead children?

Most hospitals and clinics have security guards. Sometimes they are not armed, though.
Why don't we just make it harder for nuts to have access to guns?
People who are a danger to themselves or others can already be prevented from having guns. It is hard to see how it can be made any harder.

NO. I want less guns (ban assault rifles)
Assault rifles were all but banned 90 years ago. This is the 21st century now.

and more gun control laws
That's vague enough to be meaningless.

stop allowing the NRA to donate money to politicians
That would be a violation of their civil liberties.

There is nothing about the 1st and 2nd Amendments that say the NRA should be able to buy politicians
Yes there is. The First Amendment.

But, the NRA doesn't "buy" politicians in the first place. What the NRA does is vote them out of office if they cross the NRA.

or that 18 year old paranoid schziphrenics should be able to buy AR-15s.
That's why people who a court finds to be a danger to themselves or others can be prevented from having guns.

Would you want a job where you and your students could be murdered at any time?
You're the one who is arguing for defenseless teachers.

I'm projecting my common sense onto others.
Anyone who either supports fascism or opposes civil liberties always invokes some variation of "common sense".

Most teachers are saying "nope" even if we are gun owners. And I am. Don't like it? Well this is what happens when you denigrate an entire profession for far too long. The Left did it with cops and look what happened. Now the Right with teachers. Horse, barn door, closed. You know the rest.
If you would rather be defenseless in the face of a massacre, that is fine with me.

But don't come whining at me if that backfires on you.

Do you prefer dead children?

People who are a danger to themselves or others can already be prevented from having guns. It is hard to see how it can be made any harder.

Assault rifles were all but banned 90 years ago. This is the 21st century now.

That's vague enough to be meaningless.

That would be a violation of their civil liberties.

Yes there is. The First Amendment.

But, the NRA doesn't "buy" politicians in the first place. What the NRA does is vote them out of office if they cross the NRA.

That's why people who a court finds to be a danger to themselves or others can be prevented from having guns.

You're the one who is arguing for defenseless teachers.

Anyone who either supports fascism or opposes civil liberties always invokes some variation of "common sense".
Wow! You came up with a rightwing talking point for almost everything I posted. Good for you.
Carry on.

My daughter while going to college, also went to the "women's weapon self defense course" and "conceal carry class". She passed with flying colors got her permit to carry and is now a full fledge teacher. More teachers with this capability would be the front line defense incase of a deranged Progressive moron (radicalized to hate America) wanted to come into the school with the intent to "murder" innocent children and teachers. Have the school system pay for the security those schools so badly need.

Ladies Concealed Carry Course • Shooters World

Ladies’ only course meets the requirements necessary for students to obtain their Florida Concealed Carry License. This is an intermediate level course, that reviews license protocols, use of force laws, firearm safety, and marksmanship. The class concludes with a live-fire exercise where students will demonstrate safe shooting skills.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=womens conceal carry course&qs=n&form=QBRE&=%eManage Your Search History%E&sp=-1&pq=womens conceal carry course&sc=4-27&sk=&cvid=D864FEB5CC31437B9044FA71C987426C#

Remember.
View attachment 649912 View attachment 649913
This is absolutely true. Arming teachers would work, and that's why the left doesn't want any part of it. They aren't looking for a solution; they want the issue.
In every high school, there are plenty of men, we all know the type, who really care about the kids and would be willing to be trained to protect these kids. I'm thinking coaches, ex-military, etc. Every school has them.
But typically, the leftwing media interviews some wimpy activist woman teacher who says "We are teachers, not security guards. We are here to teach". The media acts like arming teachers would be mandatory, and that's a lie.

I wonder what it will take to get serious gun control laws on the books?
When will the gun enthusiasts start loving children more than their guns?
The 1st or 2nd Amendments do not protect the insanity we are seeing with these school shootings.

Teachers are "en loco parentis" which means they have the responsibility for our children's safety when the children are at school.
If teachers are not willing to shoot in order to defend our children, then stop asking for tax money and we will teach them at home.

My daughter while going to college, also went to the "women's weapon self defense course" and "conceal carry class". She passed with flying colors got her permit to carry and is now a full fledge teacher. More teachers with this capability would be the front line defense incase of a deranged Progressive moron (radicalized to hate America) wanted to come into the school with the intent to "murder" innocent children and teachers. Have the school system pay for the security those schools so badly need.

Ladies Concealed Carry Course • Shooters World

Ladies’ only course meets the requirements necessary for students to obtain their Florida Concealed Carry License. This is an intermediate level course, that reviews license protocols, use of force laws, firearm safety, and marksmanship. The class concludes with a live-fire exercise where students will demonstrate safe shooting skills.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=womens conceal carry course&qs=n&form=QBRE&=%eManage Your Search History%E&sp=-1&pq=womens conceal carry course&sc=4-27&sk=&cvid=D864FEB5CC31437B9044FA71C987426C#

Remember.
View attachment 649912 View attachment 649913
Arm the groomers!!!

Teachers are "en loco parentis" which means they have the responsibility for our children's safety when the children are at school.
If teachers are not willing to shoot in order to defend our children, then stop asking for tax money and we will teach them at home.

Really. How far does that go? If every teacher is now required to shoot to kill to defend students, what other parental duties should we be required to fill during school hours? Taking them to the dentist? Giving them their vitamins?

This is absolutely true. Arming teachers would work, and that's why the left doesn't want any part of it. They aren't looking for a solution; they want the issue.
In every high school, there are plenty of men, we all know the type, who really care about the kids and would be willing to be trained to protect these kids. I'm thinking coaches, ex-military, etc. Every school has them.
But typically, the leftwing media interviews some wimpy activist woman teacher who says "We are teachers, not security guards. We are here to teach". The media acts like arming teachers would be mandatory, and that's a lie.

It is wholly possible to "really care about the kids" and yet think of a million reasons why you don't want a gun in your classroom. Even if you are a 2nd amendment proponent. Age of students, number of students you have in your classroom, demographics of students you teach, etc. There is no one way to "really care about the kids". Having a gun in your room--believe this--is not a litmus test for "really caring about the kids".

Honestly, just typing that last sentence is crazy. This is the clown world we live in.

It is wholly possible to "really care about the kids" and yet think of a million reasons why you don't want a gun in your classroom. Even if you are a 2nd amendment proponent. Age of students, number of students you have in your classroom, demographics of students you teach, etc. There is no one way to "really care about the kids". Having a gun in your room--believe this--is not a litmus test for "really caring about the kids".

Honestly, just typing that last sentence is crazy. This is the clown world we live in.
No one is going to force you to carry. It's a suggestion should this happen to you. No one is calling you a groomer. It is for those who like in Leon County of Tallahassee Florida who tried to change a 13 year old girl into a boy. Allowed her to go to the boys bathroom and gave her a new nickname. Then told her to not tell her parents. When the parents found out they said it was against the law to tell her which was a lie. They had a manual which basically instructed the teachers to not tell the parents.

This is what prompted the new law in Florida and rightfully so. Do I call those teachers GROOMERS.............Your DAMNED STRAIGHT I DO.........I DIDN'T CALL ALL TEACHERS GROOMERS..........that is BS.

Now if you are fed up with teaching QUIT. I like your posting on almost everything til now. But I'm tired of this whine fest.

There is no way to stop all of these shootings. You can only take simple measures to give those who are attacked a fighting chance if it does happen.

Many teachers could conceal carry. If would give some in the school the ability to defend not only themselves but the kids. It is simple and the cheapest SIMPLE SOLUTION.

The other solutions are just having Bear Mace or even wasp spray. If the shooter can't see then he's gonna have a harder time killing you. Only simple solutions are needed. Building a fortress will not stop the next shooting and would cost a fortune. Pay the teachers to carry who CHOOSE TO CARRY.

They will make money on something we hope they will never need.

No one is going to force you to carry. It's a suggestion should this happen to you. No one is calling you a groomer. It is for those who like in Leon County of Tallahassee Florida who tried to change a 13 year old girl into a boy. Allowed her to go to the boys bathroom and gave her a new nickname. Then told her to not tell her parents. When the parents found out they said it was against the law to tell her which was a lie. They had a manual which basically instructed the teachers to not tell the parents.

This is what prompted the new law in Florida and rightfully so. Do I call those teachers GROOMERS.............Your DAMNED STRAIGHT I DO.........I DIDN'T CALL ALL TEACHERS GROOMERS..........that is BS.

Now if you are fed up with teaching QUIT. I like your posting on almost everything til now. But I'm tired of this whine fest.

I wasn't even responding to you.

Forum List

Back