If teachers were given the option to conceal carry, schools would be a lot safer.

Yeah, it's unworkable. What young girl just out of education college is going to want to continue in such a profession with all this craziness? They are mostly leftist anyway ------------------ they simply will not do it, that's that.

I am surprised rightwing men can't see that most women ARE NOT LIKE THEM. We just aren't. (Well, maybe I am, but I'm an outlier.) Friend of mine, kept large livestock, horses, all kinds of big things, had a very -- robust, rightwing --- attitude toward politics and so on, once said to me that she hadn't realized I butchered poultry and such and she couldn't do such things as that. I was unimpressed, knowing her, and said that I knew she could if she needed to, such as in an apocalypse situation. Still, I was startled at her reflex rejection of any violence by her personally. You can't turn us into men, guys ---- don't bother trying. Look for another solution. There isn't one, IMO, but turning women into men sure isn't the solution.

This in spades. There will be an exodus from the teaching profession like we have never seen before.

Police officers hid outside for 40 minutes but an untrained female 24 year old 3rd grade teacher who was just reading “Goodnight Moon” to the class before nap time is gonna gun down a heavily armed and armored up bad guy? Fuck off morons.
Teachers are the last line of defense.
Maybe they should be armed and trained.
A slim chance is better than no chance.

If a person is able to teach others shouldn't they be able to learn themselves?

This in spades. There will be an exodus from the teaching profession like we have never seen before.
Let me get this straight.
Women will leave teaching if they have to defend themselves and their students, but if they are allowed to remain totally defenseless they will stay? Why don't they just rationalize and continue to believe they will never be at such risk, so their guns can be unloaded and locked away, and they can remain happily defenseless.

See how easy that was. ;)

Teachers are the last line of defense.
Maybe they should be armed and trained.
A slim chance is better than no chance.

If a person is able to teach others shouldn't they be able to learn themselves?
Doctors and nurses are pretty smart. Shouldn’t they be able to learn how to effectively use firearms that they carry every day while doing their work as doctors and nurses?

Let me get this straight.
Women will leave teaching if they have to defend themselves and their students, but if they are allowed to remain totally defenseless they will stay? Why don't they just rationalize and continue to believe they will never be at such risk, so their guns can be unloaded and locked away, and they can remain happily defenseless.

See how easy that was. ;)

Try this instead.

Last week you didn't trust us to choose books for second graders. Now, suddenly, we can be trusted with guns and ammo.

Sure.

Sure we can. We know how this goes--the minute something goes wrong it's our fault entirely.

Most teachers are saying "nope" even if we are gun owners. And I am. Don't like it? Well this is what happens when you denigrate an entire profession for far too long. The Left did it with cops and look what happened. Now the Right with teachers. Horse, barn door, closed. You know the rest.

Doctors and nurses are pretty smart. Shouldn’t they be able to learn how to effectively use firearms that they carry every day while doing their work as doctors and nurses?
Most hospitals and clinics have security guards. Sometimes they are not armed, though.
Why don't we just make it harder for nuts to have access to guns?

Try this instead.

Last week you didn't trust us to choose books for second graders. Now, suddenly, we can be trusted with guns and ammo.

Sure.

Sure we can. We know how this goes--the minute something goes wrong it's our fault entirely.

Most teachers are saying "nope" even if we are gun owners. And I am. Don't like it? Well this is what happens when you denigrate an entire profession for far too long. The Left did it with cops and look what happened. Now the Right with teachers. Horse, barn door, closed. You know the rest.

Books that are grooming kids for sex and political indoctrination....?

And you wouldn't be one of the armed teachers.......as a leftist you are mentally unstable....

Try this instead.

Sure.

Dipshit.....14 states already arm some of their teachers and support staff........so nothing you posted is close to being true, factual, or real.....

Most hospitals and clinics have security guards. Sometimes they are not armed, though.
Why don't we just make it harder for nuts to have access to guns?

The local ones here have tasers....that's it. The hospital was likely a gun free zone.

NO. I want less guns (ban assault rifles) and more gun control laws (stop allowing the NRA to donate money to politicians).
These steps make more sense than expecting teachers to act like policemen.

They aren't acting like police officers......they are using legal guns as a deterrent and a last line of defense....they are not pursuing or arresting anyone you dumb ass.

Books that are grooming kids for sex and political indoctrination....?

And you wouldn't be one of the armed teachers.......as a leftist you are mentally unstable....

I'm the "Leftist" who voted for Trump twice? That's....amazing.

And yes if you require teachers to arm on top of everything else there will be an exodus. But there already is one so....

I'm the "Leftist" who voted for Trump twice? That's....amazing.

And yes if you require teachers to arm on top of everything else there will be an exodus. But there already is one so....

14 states already allow armed teachers…there hasn’t been an exodus………..

14 states already allow armed teachers…there hasn’t been an exodus………..

There is a great deal of difference between allowing and requiring. We are already expected to do entirely too much for too little pay. If you don't believe me, see Free Market Principles. Are people crowding around for those super easy teaching jobs with summers off? no. huh. I wonder why.

There is a great deal of difference between allowing and requiring. We are already expected to do entirely too much for too little pay. If you don't believe me, see Free Market Principles. Are people crowding around for those super easy teaching jobs with summers off? no. huh. I wonder why.

Yep....dipstick......you train and arm the staff who volunteer.........and since 14 states already do it, and if there had been problems the democrat party press would have reported those problems over and over again....it is obvious that arming staff isn't the issue you have created in your mind...

Forum List

Back