If marijuana were made legal, would you try it?

If marijuana were legal, would you try it?

• Total voters
socially. don't try to equate the substance which is beneficial in very small doses ( alcohol) with a substance which is harmful even in very small doses ( marijuana)

I gave up booze years ago (except for a couple of Martinis a year). I found alcohol to be dangerous. I lost a friend to a drunk driver. My wife works with battered women and she knows how much alcohol plays into that. I have a friend of mine who is a counselor at a treatment center, he has repeatedly that next to heroin and meth that alcohol is one of the worse addiction to have, it destroys lives. Even though pot as several flaws, it's not comparable to the harm booze can have and it's far more addicting than pot.

Yep. Alcohol (along with Benzodiazepines) is one of the only drugs in which the withdrawal can actually kill you.

if you will develop withdrawal.

it does not happen for everybody - not everyone becomes alcoholic.

I would probably smoke it occasionally. But I do that now.

As for the comparison between alcohol and pot, the biggest difference is that many people drink alcohol without getting drunk. I never met anyone who smoked pot without getting stoned.

But if you compare what each does, alcohol is FAR more dangerous.

nope. especially not in the small doses. Alcohol is actually protective in small doses.

and the bolded is the exact reason pot is MUCH more dangerous than alcohol will ever be.

My personal experience with people who smoked pot on a regular basis was that most of them lacked any real gumption, and they just remained stagnant in life with no real ambitions. Of course these were people who were pot heads in HS and continued to crave it into their 20's...I'm sure lots of other people grow up and can put it to the side if they recognize that it's interfering in their lives.

My personal experience with people who smoked pot on a regular basis was that most of them lacked any real gumption, and they just remained stagnant in life with no real ambitions. Of course these were people who were pot heads in HS and continued to crave it into their 20's...I'm sure lots of other people grow up and can put it to the side if they recognize that it's interfering in their lives.

( your cleavage is exploding ) :eusa_shhh:

( your cleavage is exploding ) :eusa_shhh:

Thanks for noticing.:redface:

I wouldn't. I can't even be around the smoke. "

You could have a brownie.

:eusa_shifty:

Since I'm in Colorado, I could buy and consume relatively easily, but I'm much to cheap to pay for what I consider the same intoxicating effect that I could get from a couple of shots of whiskey. Now, if someone offered me a FREE BROWNIE, then I'd scarf that sucker down in no time, except for the worry my employer may want me to pee in a cup to pass a drug test.

Sadly, you still need a clean UA to hold a job. On the bright side, you don't need a clean UA to remain a ward of the state. I predict all sorts of derelicts will become doped-up citizens of Colorado.

Most pot heads get stuck on stupid and never accomplish anything with their lives. .... :cool:

Indeed.

Notice those morons lining up to buy in Colorado? Watch the news. What a goddamn freak show! Not exactly a group that's going to resolve "climate change" or end poverty, or cure cancer.

In fact. most don't seem to be able to tie their fuckin' shoes.

Ask any cop if s/he would rather deal with a drunk or someone stoned? 100% will say the MJ user.

I wouldn't smoke MJ, but I would enjoy a Chocolate Chip and MJ cookie or banana and MJ bread.

Most pot heads get stuck on stupid and never accomplish anything with their lives. .... :cool:

Same with drinkers though.

You mean alcoholics.

Jury is still out on the addictive effects of cannibus, but I suppose we'll never really know until we try it. Should be interesting to see how ACT and SAT scores change in Colorado as parents bring home their staches, and grow plants legally.

Same with drinkers though.
I have known functional alcoholics who stayed dry at work during the day and did their job; and after work went home and got plastered.

But the stoners I knew didn't have the motivation to even look for a job. ..... :cool:

I smoked a lot of pot back in the day and I worked all the time. Worked my ass off got high at night and on weekends.

if one wants to kill their grey cells and impair the cognitive function - why not.

There is plenty of ways to have fun without causing physical harm to the body.

Unless you have an illness which causes some symptoms which could be alleviated by THC

so - NO.

even if it would be legal on any level.

Vox, do you drink alcohol? Be honest now.

socially. don't try to equate the substance which is beneficial in very small doses ( alcohol) with a substance which is harmful even in very small doses ( marijuana)

Vox reactionary far right silly alert. Why do you say such silly thingds?

Why is this an issue if it is legal and we know it is not a moral or ethical issue.

Forum List

Back