If Democrats want to impeach Trump, here is what they will need...

They won't be any closer after next November either. In fact, there'll be even less of them. The only chance they have is to convince a bunch of Republicans to flip, which is not gonna happen. People are growing weary and want to let Trump do what they elected him to do. Dems are gonna pay a price.

In reality, like the election, citizens will grow tired of all the stories and will see it as a witch hunt. Furthermore, with such aggression against Trump at all opportunities and all turns, people get skeptical of the intentions of some.

For such stories to be considered legitimate they have to be relevant and less frequent. This attempt to "pile on" with a suspicions of an agenda, again, as was seen in the election campaign; only serves to raise the critical eye and have people question the motives.

This could actually really backfire significantly in the face of American democracy, as if there are real, legitimate and pressing concerns, the country will have already turned out the Boy Who Cried Wolf and indeed, there could be serious non-partisan issues that are not addressed.

In the current climate today, partisanship is so extreme that the basic premises of American Values isn't even considered. Take the latest story from the NYT with the apparent Comey Memo, one story of many which have questions to be answered. It appears the NYT didn't even see the memo, it was read to them on the phone. They couldn't help themselves, couldn't wait to pile on again, without more details and confirmation.

First, was the memo legitimate or just simply written up after? Seeing the memo might answer some of this. Second, what was the context? What were the larger details of the discussion etc. Regardless, they will run with the story because it contributes to a particular ideology.

Last edited:
The longer they go without producing any evidence, the less seriously people will take them. Jay Leno could write some great jokes about this shit.

it is rather sad that all this bullshit is keeping the government from doing a damn thing to help this country....i look at what the gop is doing to nc and wonder how long this can go on...

nate Rules Chairman Bill Rabon abruptly called for a recess, stopping the proceedings for nearly two hours. GOP leaders headed to a conference room with legislative budget staff, while Democrats – some surprised by the lengthy delay – passed the time with an impromptu dance party in the hall.

The session finally resumed around 3 a.m., and Republican Sen. Brent Jackson introduced a new budget amendment that he explained would fund more pilot programs combating the opioid epidemic. He cited “a great deal of discussion” about the need for more opioid treatment funding.

Jackson didn’t mention where the additional $1 million would come from: directly from education programs in Senate Democrats’ districts and other initiatives the minority party sought.

Sen. Erica Smith-Ingram’s rural district in northeastern North Carolina took the biggest hit from the amendment. It strips $316,646 from two early college high schools in Northampton and Washington counties, and it specifically bans state funding from supporting a summer science, math and technology program called Eastern North Carolina STEM.

At 3 a.m., NC Senate GOP strips education funding from Democrats’ districts

it is rather sad that all this bullshit is keeping the government from doing a damn thing to help this country....i look at what the gop is doing to nc and wonder how long this can go on...
actually, that is the best part

all we really need to do is UNDO the damage Obama did

no new shit at all

also - to answer OP

if they want to impeach, they will need some actual evidence of wrongdoing!

ANYTHING - so far, they have produced zilch

nate Rules Chairman Bill Rabon abruptly called for a recess, stopping the proceedings for nearly two hours. GOP leaders headed to a conference room with legislative budget staff, while Democrats – some surprised by the lengthy delay – passed the time with an impromptu dance party in the hall.

The session finally resumed around 3 a.m., and Republican Sen. Brent Jackson introduced a new budget amendment that he explained would fund more pilot programs combating the opioid epidemic. He cited “a great deal of discussion” about the need for more opioid treatment funding.

Jackson didn’t mention where the additional $1 million would come from: directly from education programs in Senate Democrats’ districts and other initiatives the minority party sought.

Sen. Erica Smith-Ingram’s rural district in northeastern North Carolina took the biggest hit from the amendment. It strips $316,646 from two early college high schools in Northampton and Washington counties, and it specifically bans state funding from supporting a summer science, math and technology program called Eastern North Carolina STEM.

At 3 a.m., NC Senate GOP strips education funding from Democrats’ districts

That appears to be a step in the right direction. But man o man I wish I had seen that Democrats passing "the time with an impromptu dance party in the hall"

so you would rather focus on destruction of obama's policies that moving forward ? damn you are a good republican arent you ?

Absolutely. The first step forward is undoing anything Obama screwed up. Now is the time. These people are soundly beaten.

We'll see. If the public pressure gets too strong it wouldn't be surprising to see many Republicans flip for their own good.

By that you mean "media pressure" Right?

But yes never underestimate a Republicans ability to flip for "his own good".
Let them. The better to identify and dump them.

We'll see. If the public pressure gets too strong it wouldn't be surprising to see many Republicans flip for their own good.
By that you mean "media pressure" Right? But yes never underestimate a Republicans ability to flip for "his own good". Let them. The better to identify and dump them.
Yes, the intensity from the media will only increase now, and that will directly or indirectly apply more pressure to the Republicans. We're already seeing it.

At some point, Trump is going to be on an island, and it's happening faster than we could have expected.

By that you mean "media pressure" Right? But yes never underestimate a Republicans ability to flip for "his own good". Let them. The better to identify and dump them.
Yes, the intensity from the media will only increase now, and that will directly or indirectly apply more pressure to the Republicans. We're already seeing it.

At some point, Trump is going to be on an island, and it's happening faster than we could have expected.

How do you mean? The media will like go from hate to "intense hate"? Are you serious? I don't want to misunderstand you...are you trying to say the media didn't hate and attack him before but now they will?

I think you have missed the point that the media elites hatred of Trump already "goes to 11" starting a year ago.
He won by ignoring the media...no, he won by calling them out as"enemies of the American people" and going around the media to the American people.
No reason to pay them any mind now.

IMG_7700.JPG

so you would rather focus on destruction of obama's policies that moving forward ? damn you are a good republican arent you ?
the way I see it, Obama worked hard to wreck this country.

He pushed the envelope on restricting personal freedoms and choice. His wife's policy on school lunches, while pushed with good intentions, has been an unmitigated disaster. The requirement to purchase insurance or pay a fine was another great over-reach. Obama promised transparency, and that is not what we got.

Minimizing & eliminated regulations. Creating an environment where the government gets out of the way of business growth & development. Lowering taxes for those of us that actually pay them.

These are the things I want to see, and these are the things I have actually seen.

I have also seen a lot of screaming and whining from the left and the media.

But still no evidence of wrong doing by Trump.

If only the Rs had impeached Obama, for his many crimes and misdemeanors. It would than be easier to impeach Trump.

Forum List

Back