I was there: My perspective on bowe bergdahl

daveman

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2010
On the way to the Dark Tower.
I WAS THERE: MY PERSPECTIVE ON BOWE BERGDAHL
A few days ago, Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel took the stage at Bagram Air Field in Afghanistan and excitedly started with what he thought would be a big applause line. “We got him back!” he exclaimed.

Silence.

Not. Even. One. Clap.

Numerous White House leaks show that Obama and his team were convinced that Americans would greet the news of a returning POW with elation; that this would be the great moment in Obama’s second term. This shows just how clueless they are about the military. Let me clue them in.

You see, when Hagel took the stage, he expected joy at the announcement that one of their own was returned! However, you have to see inside a soldier’s mind to understand what was going on here. I believe I can provide a little insight.

When a soldier deserts his post, when he writes that he is ashamed to be an American, when he gives the enemy secrets (and he did), he is no longer “one of us”. He is a traitor. He is not a brother-in-arms.

Soldiers risk their lives for each other every day on the battlefield, there is a trust and respect they have for each other. For Bowe Bergdahl to break that trust and the Secretary of Defense to announce a hero’s welcome instead of a court-martial is a huge let-down.

He isn't one of their own. He is one of them. He is the enemy.

That's not something to celebrate.

The message the White House is sending is that they value treason more than honorable service.​

Last edited:
Geezus H. Kryst, at least wait for the final mental/physical examinations/evaluations before rendering your G.I. Joe bullshit analysis. I also have serious doubts that you were there...

Geezus H. Kryst, at least wait for the final mental/physical examinations/evaluations before rending your G.I. Joe bullshit analysis. I also have serious doubts that you were there...
My apologies, Lakhota. I forgot to post the link. I've edited the OP.

Again, I'm sorry.

Last edited:
What do our soldiers think about Bush lying to the entire world to start a war that the US designed to never end and torturing POWs like we're the Viet Cong?

Someone should ask them.

What do our soldiers think about Bush lying to the entire world to start a war that the US designed to never end and torturing POWs like we're the Viet Cong?

Someone should ask them.

Let us assume your accusation has merit.

So you seem quite upset about one president lying but lick up the spittle of another who has built an entire presidency on lies. Please try to explain that position.

Geezus H. Kryst, at least wait for the final mental/physical examinations/evaluations before rending your G.I. Joe bullshit analysis. I also have serious doubts that you were there...
Hey, moron, the author of the article was there. I didn't say I was.

And let it be noted that the mindless drones in the White House who cast aspersions on Bergdahl's fellow Soldiers weren't there, either -- but you mindlessly and unquestioningly believed them, didn't you?

Then you are plagiarizing. Stealing other people work. And you're criticizing another person before you even know the facts. Are you a rightwinger by any chance? Thought so.

And let it be noted that the mindless drones in the White House who cast aspersions on Bergdahl's fellow Soldiers weren't there, either -- but you mindlessly and unquestioningly believed them, didn't you?

I'm not believing anyone until all the final reports are disclosed. Bergdahl is a combat soldier who is innocent until proven otherwise. No rush to judgement...

BTW, where is the link to your OP?

Then you are plagiarizing. Stealing other people work. And you're criticizing another person before you even know the facts. Are you a rightwinger by any chance? Thought so.
Yes, rightwingers make mistakes. I forgot the link. I'll fix it.

Someone should ask them.

And what about Bush lying about Abu Ghraib? You think any of those prison guards really made all that shit up themselves? I don't.

If it wasn't for cherry-picking history, these righties wouldn't be able to post here at all.

Someone should ask them.
Let us assume your accusation has merit.

So you seem quite upset about one president lying but lick up the spittle of another who has built an entire presidency on lies. Please try to explain that position.
Considering that I didn't vote for Obama and would like to see him die in prison for war crimes like Bush, it's safe to say that I don't support Barack Obama.

Exactly how many times do I have to say that?

And yes, the accusation has motherfucking merit.

Shaking Hands with Saddam Hussein
Iraq and Weapons of Mass Destruction
U.S. Intelligence and Iraq WMD
The Record on CURVEBALL
http://www2.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB326/IraqWarPart1-Timeline.pdf
THE IRAQ WAR -- PART I:*The U.S. Prepares for Conflict, 2001
THE IRAQ WAR -- PART II: Was There Even a Decision?
THE IRAQ WAR -- PART III: Shaping the Debate
The Torture Archive

Afghanistan: Lessons from the Last War

Someone should ask them.

And what about Bush lying about Abu Ghraib? You think any of those prison guards really made all that shit up themselves? I don't.

If it wasn't for cherry-picking history, these righties wouldn't be able to post here at all.

Abu Ghraib was soldiers committing crimes you idiot. what did bush lie about?
I was there in Baghdad when that stuff happened; THE ONLY LIES were you left-wing losers trying to say Bush ordered all that

ur a joke

I'm not believing anyone until all the final reports are disclosed. Bergdahl is a combat soldier who is innocent until proven otherwise. No rush to judgement...

Edited to add link. Again, my apologies.

Fair enough on waiting until the investigation is over. But in 2010, the Pentagon concluded he walked away.

U.S. concluded in 2010 that Bergdahl walked away

That doesn't help his case any.

Edited to add link. Again, my apologies.

Fair enough on waiting until the investigation is over. But in 2010, the Pentagon concluded he walked away.

U.S. concluded in 2010 that Bergdahl walked away

That doesn't help his case any.

The Pentagon didn't know shit in 2010 - mainly because it didn't have Bergdahl's input.

A few days ago, Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel took the stage at Bagram Air Field in Afghanistan and excitedly started with what he thought would be a big applause line. “We got him back!” he exclaimed.

Silence.

Not. Even. One. Clap.

Numerous White House leaks show that Obama and his team were convinced that Americans would greet the news of a returning POW with elation; that this would be the great moment in Obama’s second term. This shows just how clueless they are about the military. Let me clue them in.

You see, when Hagel took the stage, he expected joy at the announcement that one of their own was returned! However, you have to see inside a soldier’s mind to understand what was going on here. I believe I can provide a little insight.

When a soldier deserts his post, when he writes that he is ashamed to be an American, when he gives the enemy secrets (and he did), he is no longer “one of us”. He is a traitor. He is not a brother-in-arms.

Soldiers risk their lives for each other every day on the battlefield, there is a trust and respect they have for each other. For Bowe Bergdahl to break that trust and the Secretary of Defense to announce a hero’s welcome instead of a court-martial is a huge let-down.

The message the White House is sending is that they value treason more than honorable service.​
I presume you are familiar with the phrase
"No one left behind."
I have looked long and closely at that phrase. I do not see any conditions attached to it. Perhaps you could point out the conditions that say Bergdahl should be left behind.

Silence.

Not. Even. One. Clap.

I presume you are familiar with the phrase
"No one left behind."
I have looked long and closely at that phrase. I do not see any conditions attached to it. Perhaps you could point out the conditions that say Bergdahl should be left behind.

How about-----we will only release him if you give us a nuke ?

Someone should ask them.

Someone should ask them about progressive fairy tales? Good Gaea, why?
Yes, progressive fairy tales like the ones described in these declassified Bush administration documents.

Shaking Hands with Saddam Hussein
Iraq and Weapons of Mass Destruction
U.S. Intelligence and Iraq WMD
The Record on CURVEBALL
http://www2.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB326/IraqWarPart1-Timeline.pdf
THE IRAQ WAR -- PART I:*The U.S. Prepares for Conflict, 2001
THE IRAQ WAR -- PART II: Was There Even a Decision?
THE IRAQ WAR -- PART III: Shaping the Debate
The Torture Archive

Afghanistan: Lessons from the Last War

You should read more.

Someone should ask them.

Abu Ghraib was soldiers committing crimes you idiot. what did bush lie about?
I was there in Baghdad when that stuff happened; THE ONLY LIES were you left-wing losers trying to say Bush ordered all that

ur a joke
Yes, they actually think Bush called the prison and ordered the torture. :lol:

Forum List

Back