I think America is at risk

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
I think democracy IS at risk in this country, not by the GOP but rather by the Democratic Party. And by democracy I mean the constitutional republic that America is today; the democrats want to change this republic to be more democratic, i.e., majority rule with themselves as the only majority. But the problem with that is that 50% + 1 can totally overrule the 49.9% and do whatever they want; it's called the tyranny of the majority and if that majority becomes a permanent majority that always gets their way, then you're headed for a one-party totalitarian gov't and THAT is never a good thing and is risky as hell. You heard it all last year, abolish the filibuster, right? The last impediment to mob rule in our gov't and they want to get rid of it. They want to extend the Supreme Court with 4 new justices that of course would be all progressive liberals. They want to add DC and Puerto Rico as new states so they can ensure a democrat-run Senate, pretty much forever.

Can you imagine what this country would be like if the Democratic Party was totally in charge, via a 50% +1 majority and a favorable SCOTUS? Does any democrat really believe that you can tax the rich and big corps as much as you want without any consequences? As if they won't move offshore if they can afford it or at least stop investing in taxable endeavors? Who's going to risk big money if the reward is meager? Who's going to bust ass to manage and lead a company, large or small, spending as many as 100 hours a week making the enterprise viable, when some fuckwad politician is going to tax most of your gains? It's golden goose time, fellas; you can screw that golden goose all you want but eventually it dies or flies off.

Does any democrat really believe they can spend trillions upon trillions of dollars on climate change that does not lead to corresponding economic growth and bankrupts the country? Some progressive liberals come out with a study or report that says the planet and all life on it will be saved and all we gotta do is get rid of every ICE car and truck in the next 10 years, and you swallow that without question? How fucking stupid are you? Why does it have to be all of nothing and right now? Why can't we do what we can afford on the policies and programs that we know will actually move the needle?

Do you really believe that equity is a good thing whether you actually earned it or not? Do you believe there's nothing immoral about taking more money from those who earned it and redistributing it to those who haven't? In many cases, you are in essence buying votes, are you not? And that's your idea of democracy? That's the country and the gov't you want? What does that say to future generations? Why pay back your student debt or any other debt for that matter, cuz the democrats will forgive it for you. Why work for a living if the gov't will provide everything you need? Why work to build a company or business when the gov't will take most of the proceeds when you start to make money? How do you not see the disincentives you are creating? How long do you think this country could last under such conditions?

So yeah, I think this country is at serious risk, and it's coming from the democrats and their policies. They pretty much own the media and academia and Hollywood, so it's not looking good IMHO for the future.

I think democracy IS at risk in this country, not by the GOP but rather by the Democratic Party. And by democracy I mean the constitutional republic that America is today; the democrats want to change this republic to be more democratic, i.e., majority rule with themselves as the only majority. But the problem with that is that 50% + 1 can totally overrule the 49.9% and do whatever they want; it's called the tyranny of the majority and if that majority becomes a permanent majority that always gets their way, then you're headed for a one-party totalitarian gov't and THAT is never a good thing and is risky as hell. You heard it all last year, abolish the filibuster, right? The last impediment to mob rule in our gov't and they want to get rid of it. They want to extend the Supreme Court with 4 new justices that of course would be all progressive liberals. They want to add DC and Puerto Rico as new states so they can ensure a democrat-run Senate, pretty much forever.

Can you imagine what this country would be like if the Democratic Party was totally in charge, via a 50% +1 majority and a favorable SCOTUS? Does any democrat really believe that you can tax the rich and big corps as much as you want without any consequences? As if they won't move offshore if they can afford it or at least stop investing in taxable endeavors? Who's going to risk big money if the reward is meager? Who's going to bust ass to manage and lead a company, large or small, spending as many as 100 hours a week making the enterprise viable, when some fuckwad politician is going to tax most of your gains? It's golden goose time, fellas; you can screw that golden goose all you want but eventually it dies or flies off.

Does any democrat really believe they can spend trillions upon trillions of dollars on climate change that does not lead to corresponding economic growth and bankrupts the country? Some progressive liberals come out with a study or report that says the planet and all life on it will be saved and all we gotta do is get rid of every ICE car and truck in the next 10 years, and you swallow that without question? How fucking stupid are you? Why does it have to be all of nothing and right now? Why can't we do what we can afford on the policies and programs that we know will actually move the needle?

Do you really believe that equity is a good thing whether you actually earned it or not? Do you believe there's nothing immoral about taking more money from those who earned it and redistributing it to those who haven't? In many cases, you are in essence buying votes, are you not? And that's your idea of democracy? That's the country and the gov't you want? What does that say to future generations? Why pay back your student debt or any other debt for that matter, cuz the democrats will forgive it for you. Why work for a living if the gov't will provide everything you need? Why work to build a company or business when the gov't will take most of the proceeds when you start to make money? How do you not see the disincentives you are creating? How long do you think this country could last under such conditions?

So yeah, I think this country is at serious risk, and it's coming from the democrats and their policies. They pretty much own the media and academia and Hollywood, so it's not looking good IMHO for the future.
FFS we are not a democracy,,,

Democrats just assumed that the term "democracy" meant a one party rule by democrats

Anything else threatens democracy.

I think democracy IS at risk in this country, not by the GOP but rather by the Democratic Party.

You are half right. it is at risk due to the actions of Democratic Party, but also due to the actions of the GOP.

You are half right. it is at risk due to the actions of Democratic Party, but also due to the actions of the GOP.
I do not claim that the GOP is blameless in pretty much anything, but I do not see them trying to change our election system to ensure a one-party rule nearly as much as the democrats are. The democrats see it as voter suppression, which I think is BS cuz those states that have enacted policies to improve election integrity (voter id mostly) have not seen a corresponding drop in turnout. It's not the repubs who tried to abolish the filibuster and came up 2 votes short, and I doubt many repubs are calling for expanding the Supreme Court or trying to add new states that would vote for them.

Both Parties are shit. The GOP can't run its mouth over rule by judicial fiat and destroying the Constitution, as that is what their Party did in 1861, along with murdering millions pursuing a massive corporate welfare agenda, followed by packing the Supreme Court with crooks after Taney died in 1864 and themselves ruling by judicial fiat for the next 30 years.

Most issues we have today point directly back to the Lincoln dictatorship. The on;y thing missing is using the military to force or arrest people voting against Democrats away from the polls, as Lincoln's private army did in 8 states, along with deporting an opposition candidate. We're seeing a similar tactic with the current attempt at jailing Trump, which will have to rely on the FBI faking evidence yet again.

The Constitution only means whatever Party gets to appoint SC judges now says it means, not any 'rule of law', along with Federal benches overturning state laws whenever it goes against Party demands.

Both Parties are shit.

Yes, but while the DNC is a lost cause, now little more than just a front for the Chinese-led communist-globalist elite, the GOP can still be purged of sycophant RINOS like Useless Mitch and Revolting Romney and rebuilt with MAGA candidates restoring our constitutional representative republic.

I think America is at risk

Home Depot, Atlanta, GA. November 2022. Actual photo no retouches.
Symbolic isn't it?
FallenFlag_Atlanta_HomeDepot.jpg

Democrats are insurrectionists deluxe.

I don't think so, and neither are the republicans. Insurrections are basically violent overthrows of a gov't by force, and I don't see either party doing that. For sure there are individuals and groups that are bent on violence and destruction but I doubt that most people in either party want that.

I don't think so, and neither are the republicans. Insurrections are basically violent overthrows of a gov't by force, and I don't see either party doing that. For sure there are individuals and groups that are bent on violence and destruction but I doubt that most people in either party want that.
Insurrection does not require violence.. just an action that undermines the rule of law in a permanent way .. a good example is the dems allowing illegals in by the millions without their commitment to our laws and ways of doing things

Forum List

Back