I miss going out to eat...

Too bad you're not in Amarillo. Many of the restaurants around here have modified their businesses to have drive through so they can stay open.

Tyler's Texas BBQ (THE best place for BBQ in Amarillo) has got it where you call up and order, then you drive to their parking lot, and someone comes out with your meal, which you then take home.

That gie
One of the simple pleasures in life, especially as me and wife get older, is going out to eat. We usually eat out at least once a week. I hope this lockdown ends soon.
That goes for us as well. We were going out two or three times a week and had our round of restaurants all worked out on a schedule almost. Chinese, Italian, Mexican, steak place, etc. Then we'd start over and go around again tossing an odd one into the mix for variety. I'm worried that by the time all of this silly bullshit is over with, half of them will be out of business.

Too bad you're not in Amarillo. Many of the restaurants around here have modified their businesses to have drive through so they can stay open.

Tyler's Texas BBQ (THE best place for BBQ in Amarillo) has got it where you call up and order, then you drive to their parking lot, and someone comes out with your meal, which you then take home.
Many of our places have done that too but a lot of them still had to let most of their staff go.

I hate eating at restaurants. Take out is ok once in a while, but that’s it.

I live in a very rural part of my state, and yet all the restaurants, cafes, diners et al are still doing take out and call in orders. My favorite Tex_Mex place will even let beer to go orders happen.... Well until recently that was.
I just hope this shit ends soon. There's a place down the street that does steak right and I want to frequent them sooner rather than later.

One of the simple pleasures in life, especially as me and wife get older, is going out to eat. We usually eat out at least once a week. I hope this lockdown ends soon.

Agreed. That is one of the things I am missing the most too.

On the other hand, we are saving so much money.

Have you thought about those meal delivery services? They are very cost effective, when compared to eating out, and are often very tasty.

The joint up street from me makes a prime rib that melts in yer mouth, i hope they can recover and open again.......~S~

If I want decent prime rib I gotta do for myself. Same thing with barbeque. They just don't know what barbeque is in California. And if I get a yen for hushpuppies, I've gotta make those too. Seafood is scarce as hen's teeth in these parts. Something there was plenty of in the bay area but not up here in the hills. Dayum what I could do to a couple of pounds of king crab legs right about now. That was once my favorite dinner.

Once a month or so the Wife and I and some friends used to go out to eat and rack up a huge tab!!!!!
It frequently went into the $800 buck range for the four of us.
Thats living!!!
We ate and drank whatever the fuck we wanted knowing it was a once a month thing.
I think everyone needs a night like that on occasion.

Agreed. That is one of the things I am missing the most too.

On the other hand, we are saving so much money.

Have you thought about those meal delivery services? They are very cost effective, when compared to eating out, and are often very tasty.

I've found them to be far less than cost effective.
Something you could buy in the restaurant that cost $20 bucks ends up costing you $40 bucks and half the time it's cold when you get it.

I hate eating at restaurants. Take out is ok once in a while, but that’s it.

Fuck take out!!!
Every once in a while it's nice to sit back and be served.
No cooking and no clean up.
Place called Billy's in downtown Anoka ,Mn. I miss the Friday night Prime Rib special and 3 dollar Long Island Teas.

I love me a Long Island Iced Tea!!!
But damn you have to be careful with those things!!!

Forum List

Back