My take on the Wuhan Virus

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
It is a viral contagion that makes about one in 10 people have serious symptoms, one in 100 sick enough to seek medical treatment and one in 1,000 die prematurely. It's principal danger is to older people with preexisting conditions who are susceptible to pneumonia-like infections. The actual threat to the general population is minimal.

Agree/disagree? (Please explain.)

I'd be willing to agree with that, but the problem is, there have been several children who have caught the virus and died. The latest one was a 5 year old girl who was the daughter of a firefighter and a police officer.

Then, there was the infant that died.

There have also been many cases requiring hospitalization of people under the age of 30.

I'd be willing to agree with that, but the problem is, there have been several children who have caught the virus and died. The latest one was a 5 year old girl who was the daughter of a firefighter and a police officer.

There have also been many cases requiring hospitalization of people under the age of 30.
Have you even looked into these deaths?

The infant case alone it turns out that the baby died of something else, and they think C19 might have been involved, but not the actual cause of death.

Pretty much like about 70% of the listed fatalities.

I don't remember where I read it so if you really want to know the truth, you'll have to go look for it yourself.

The infant case alone it turns out that the baby died of something else, and they think C19 might have been involved, but not the actual cause of death.

I don't remember where I read it so if you really want to know the truth, you'll have to go look for it yourself.

Sorry, but there have been several infant deaths due to COVID 19.

In both of the above cases, the infants tested positive for the virus, and that was the cause of death. There are lots more out there, but you can google them yourself.

At least I provide links to back up my claims, you apparently don't have that skill.

In both of the above cases, the infants tested positive for the virus, and that was the cause of death. There are lots more out there, but you can google them yourself.

At least I provide links to back up my claims, you apparently don't have that skill.
So, what were the extenuating circumstances? You see, I hear all the time about children and normal adults getting it and dying. Later it is revealed that they had other issues and the C19 may or may not have been a mitigating factor.

We really need to force these people to report the deaths in two categories.

Died OF covid-19

Died WITH covid-19.

So, what were the extenuating circumstances? You see, I hear all the time about children and normal adults getting it and dying. Later it is revealed that they had other issues and the C19 may or may not have been a mitigating factor.

Died OF covid-19

Died WITH covid-19.

Both of the articles I linked to said they died because of COVID 19.

Died OF covid-19

Died WITH covid-19.
Man chokes to death trying to eat 20 vitamin C pills and 20 Zinc due to fear of contracting Covid
C.O.D Covid 19 related

It is a viral contagion that makes about one in 10 people have serious symptoms, one in 100 sick enough to seek medical treatment and one in 1,000 die prematurely. It's principal danger is to older people with preexisting conditions who are susceptible to pneumonia-like infections. The actual threat to the general population is minimal.

In my state we have had 7,238 cases. 13% required hospitalization, 2% died. 78% of the total cases were people under 60 years old. 38.8% of the deaths were female. 60.5% were male. 47% of the total cases were among white people, with 21% black or African American. Our 2 largest metropolitan areas are leading the state in cases. 17 or more senior care facilities have 2 or more cases, and it is more dangerous to our senior citizens.

Senior do not get out as much, especially in senior living facilities, so it is being transmitted by the mobile working age and younger. To ignore the stats is almost like agreeing to passively endanger our senior citizens with death for our benefit. We are a conservative red state. Our Governor takes it serious, at the same time, he announced today he would not extend his current Safer-At-Home directive past the already designated April 30 end date and is making plans for opening some state parks. No need to push it. Things will get back to normal when they get back to normal, and I would not be surprised he changed his mind if there were significant jump in infections or deaths.

Are they even taking workers temps at these facilities,,,,,,....Wasn't impressed with the industry after moving DAD through 3 different ones in five - 6 yrs

In my state we have had 7,238 cases. 13% required hospitalization, 2% died. 78% of the total cases were people under 60 years old.

Cases=tested positive. Do you really think 78% of deaths were people under 60 years old, or are you being deliberately deceptive?

In my state we have had 7,238 cases. 13% required hospitalization, 2% died. 78% of the total cases were people under 60 years old.

Cases=tested positive. Do you really think 78% of deaths were people under 60 years old, or are you being deliberately deceptive?
Nope. Never said I did. You skipped the Period (,) after the word died. That ended the sentence, in case you fail english. The next sentence was:
78% of the total cases were people under 60 years old. I think the words (total cases) pretty well means total cases, including the the sick, dead, recovered, as well as those walking around spreading it, even though they feel strong enough to work. Surely you do not advocate passive patricide. Did your parents mistreat you as a child or do you stand to inherit?

Never said I did. You skipped the Period (,) after the word died. That ended the sentence, in case you fail english.

Well, you fail reading comprehension. I asked what you think, not what you said:
Do you really think 78% of deaths were people under 60 years old, or are you being deliberately deceptive?

As to your being deliberately deceptive, the answer is obvious.

Never said I did. You skipped the Period (,) after the word died. That ended the sentence, in case you fail english.

Well, you fail reading comprehension. I asked what you think, not what you said:
Do you really think 78% of deaths were people under 60 years old, or are you being deliberately deceptive?

Not deceptive, just not supportive of the premise that the economy should be put back wide open, because the only people dying of it are old people, so it doesn't matter, because the economy should be more important to the the younger people. There appears to be a repeating feeling expressed on the board, that younger people should go about their lives, whether they continue to spread the disease or not, because older people are the ones in danger and that they have little or no value to younger generation.

At
Not deceptive, just not supportive of the premise that the economy should be put back wide open, because the only people dying of it are old people, so it doesn't matter, because the economy should be more important to the the younger people. There appears to be a repeating feeling expressed on the board, that younger people should go about their lives, whether they continue to spread the disease or not, because older people are the ones in danger and that they have little or no value to younger generation.

This is my take on this virus.

Human lives are very valuable, and the duty of a government is to protect them.

However, we are at a point where the government and the people both want a solution "without sacrifices".

And this kind of solution won't be possible.

This situation against the virus has been called "a war", and war causes lots of casualties. So, we must start calling heroes to the dead ones because the virus. And will be more heroes in the future.

One casualty from every 1,000 troops is a very low percent.

But the war is not over yet.

Then, the government and the people must give up their demands and have an agreement where casualties will be accepted without retaliations.

The government allowing the reopening of cities and people returning to their daily life AT THEIR OWN RISK.

If the rate of casualties increases, people won't put the responsibility on the government, and the government won't close back cities as well.

As in any war, it will be lots of casualties and lots of survivors.

You just can have a win win scenario with a pandemic, you must be ready to lose your life so others will have a better life.

But, I know, like me you are here in these forums expecting the government alone to do the job for you, to demand and demand but you are never in the mood to do a sacrifice. Pride consumes you, arrogance guides you, you want everything served in the table. The education given to you has made you a coward.

You just forgot how those real men from the past fought for you to enjoy what you have today. If this pandemic happened 200 years ago, those men, women, elder and even children won't hesitate to suffer and sacrifice even themselves at exchange of giving better future to others.

And with this war against the virus you expect the government to be the only one fighting against it.

You see one death between 1,000 and you cry wolf, hide under the table, tremble like sneak with epilepsy and cry.

Tell the government you will go to work and have your normal life AT YOUR OWN RISK, and you and your family won't demand anything if you die because the virus. Sign your paper enlisting to the war against the virus and be ready to die for or have victory.

Show you are a man.

And we will never do a complete autopsy to discover whether or not she had an underlying medical condition that would have manifested later on in life.

I fail to understand how, after weeks when coronavirus was all the rage, one can so ignorant about it.

About 15% fall seriously ill.

About 10 to 15% seek medical treatment.

About 1 in 100 die. The recent study in New York found a death rate of 0.76%.

Most deaths are in the older cohorts and those - also younger - with preexisting conditions.

The threat to the younger is very real. They die less often, but fall seriously ill at quite a considerable rate, including needing a ventilator. At one point, 40% of those on a ventilator were from the 20 to 45 years old cohort. Also, those younger facing serious illness continue to live with a significantly reduced lung function. Whether that will eventually go away we - obviously - don't know yet.

Died OF covid-19

Died WITH covid-19.
There are some kids who are so weak and immune deficient they have to essentially live their short lives in a bubble. They are just as likely to die of Covid-19 as a common cold. There is also so much political interest in skewing the data toward Covid-19 deaths, the prudent approach would be to not jump to conclusions. The devil is always in the details.

The underlying inference of course is that somehow elderly people were supposedly going to die soon anyway so attempts to quell the outbreak are not necessary.

It’s as uncharitable as it is dumb. The OP deserves a medal

Forum List

Back