I hate to say but part of me would like an Obama win

miami_thomas

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2011
All indicators point to another recession. Income is down and durable goods dropped 13%. Growth has continued to slow every quarter and the last was revised down to barely over 1 percent. There is a part of me that wants Romney to win so we can start to recover. However, to be honest there is a part of me that kind of hopes Obama will win so that once and for all we can prove liberalism is a complete failure. Sure I know that after another 4 years of liberal policies this country will be near the bottom but sometimes you have to hit bottom to get it through thick skulls. Of course the mainstream media will continue to blame republicans and that may still work with some idiots but I have to believe another four years of Obama would kill the Democrat party for good and save the country.

So you want bad things to happen to the country so you can say, "I was right!"?

Seriously?

I think our problem is, that neither one of these guys has a real plan for fixing the problems.

But Romney would be worse, because he doesn't even understand what the problems are.

Seriously?

I think our problem is, that neither one of these guys has a real plan for fixing the problems.

But Romney would be worse, because he doesn't even understand what the problems are.

and Obama understands?

Seriously?
the community organizer that accepts O responsibility and plays the blame game?

The more likely scenario is that we slowly move towards a robust recovery that sets up a good economic climate for Obama's successor to win in 2016,

similar to 1988.

Seriously?

Oh Please, Obama will keep dog piling the debt. And he understands what the problems are.

Seriously?

and Obama understands?

Seriously?
the community organizer that accepts O responsibility and plays the blame game?

The fantasy world that you people live in is truly fascinating.

Seriously?

Wasn't that the GOP's strategy from the day of Obama's inauguration?

yeah right, then how the hell did we get ObamaCare shoved down our throats? the dept ceiling raised, etc etc
It's always a right wing conspiracy with you people, nothing is ever a Democrats fault

Seriously?

Oh Please, Obama will keep dog piling the debt. And he understands what the problems are.

The debt isn't our biggest problem.

The decline of the Middle Class is. If we had a robust middle class, the debt would attend to itself.

Seriously?

yeah right, then how the hell did we get ObamaCare shoved down our throats? the dept ceiling raised, etc etc
It's always a right wing conspiracy with you people, nothing is ever a Democrats fault

Democrats have rounded on revelations about a private dinner of House Republicans on inauguration day in 2009 in which they plotted a campaign of obstruction against newly installed president Barack Obama.

During a lengthy discussion, the senior GOP members worked out a plan to repeatedly block Obama over the coming four years to try to ensure he would not be re-elected.
Democrats condemn GOP's plot to obstruct Obama as 'appalling and sad' | World news | guardian.co.uk

Seriously?

I think the debt is BOTH Party's fault.

Because borrowing money is always easier than either raising taxes or cutting programs that someone likes.

And the only reason why we had to get ObamaCare "shoved" down our throats is that Republicans turned against their own idea when the black guy proposed it.

I think the debt is BOTH Party's fault.

Because borrowing money is always easier than either raising taxes or cutting programs that someone likes.

Correct.

And this is why we need a Balanced Budget Amendment. It would force both parties to justify their taxing and spending "ideas".

Unfortunately, the fact is that it's too late, so the point is moot.

All indicators point to another recession. Income is down and durable goods dropped 13%. Growth has continued to slow every quarter and the last was revised down to barely over 1 percent. There is a part of me that wants Romney to win so we can start to recover. However, to be honest there is a part of me that kind of hopes Obama will win so that once and for all we can prove liberalism is a complete failure. Sure I know that after another 4 years of liberal policies this country will be near the bottom but sometimes you have to hit bottom to get it through thick skulls. Of course the mainstream media will continue to blame republicans and that may still work with some idiots but I have to believe another four years of Obama would kill the Democrat party for good and save the country.

The only problem with your brilliant plan is that Obama, just as been the case for the past 4 years, would not be able to just freely implement his policies. There will still be obstruction and bickering with everything that is attempted, which will result in half-assed measures being implemented that are watered down versions of what liberals truly want to see implemented. (ie. Healthcare legislation, handling of the bush tax cuts)

So you'll never see true "liberal policies" have a chance to be implemented and thus you'll never truly be able to say you know whether or not they work.

Democrats have rounded on revelations about a private dinner of House Republicans on inauguration day in 2009 in which they plotted a campaign of obstruction against newly installed president Barack Obama.

During a lengthy discussion, the senior GOP members worked out a plan to repeatedly block Obama over the coming four years to try to ensure he would not be re-elected.
Democrats condemn GOP's plot to obstruct Obama as 'appalling and sad' | World news | guardian.co.uk

:lol:
oh well, if the world news guardian says it's true

:lol:
oh well, if the world news guardian says it's true

Thats the way steph. Don't like the message, shoot the messenger eh?

Does it matter that Mitch McConnel said the same thing?

Seriously?

That is your opinion but Romney has run a successful business and that is more than Obama has ever, ever done. He has been a complete disaster in everything he has done. His biggest accomplishments are either a result of another presidents policies or a delusional attempt to make something look better by skewing reality. How can another four years of that save the country? How can another four years of it is Bush’s fault save the country. Problem is no one holds Obama accountable and when you are not accountable you never change.

You see people, Liberals aren't use to their Representatives listening to them..

The people put the Republicans in 2010 TO STOP this administration from forcing MORE GOVERNMENT down our throats..Obama was never worried about jobs or the economy, the first two years he spent on his PET growing the Government program, OBAMACARE..

Now Obama got his wonderful growth growing hands on our neck (ObamaCare) which we, our children, our great grandchildern will GET TO PAY FOR, let's send HIM HOME..

The more likely scenario is that we slowly move towards a robust recovery that sets up a good economic climate for Obama's successor to win in 2016,

similar to 1988.

Do you read the news? We are headed for a recession not a recovery. It is the reason why the Fed is acting. I know if you are listening to pro-Obama news sources you are not hearing about it. But all the usual indicators say that there will be, I repeat will be, a recession in 2013. Never have these indicators occurred and there was not a recession to follow.

Seriously?

The debt isn't our biggest problem.

The decline of the Middle Class is. If we had a robust middle class, the debt would attend to itself.

And yet Obama’s policies to build the economy through the middle have failed. It also has failed in Europe as well. So another 4 years of rebuilding the economy from the middle will fail again. I don’t know where the belief comes from if you keep trying something that fails over and over again that maybe one day it might work comes from.

Forum List

Back