The Difference between Obama and Romney Supporters

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
If someone asks you what the main difference is between the Obama
supporters and Romney supporters, just tell them that Romney supporters sign their checks on the front, and Obama supporters sign their checks on the back.

supporters and Romney supporters, just tell them that Romney supporters sign their checks on the front, and Obama supporters sign their checks on the back.

I noticed your list for Romney's "accomplishments" don't include AmPad, GS Steel, Damon Medical or any of the other companies that went under on his watch.

But hey, keep showing contempt for working people. You keep doing that... and it will come back to bite you in November.

No, the difference is that we have our checks electronically deposited, while those Romney supporters are stuck back in the early 20th century and still using paper checks. :D

The world has moved on from 1910. Get on board or get left behind.

I noticed your list for Romney's "accomplishments" don't include AmPad, GS Steel, Damon Medical or any of the other companies that went under on his watch.

But hey, keep showing contempt for working people. You keep doing that... and it will come back to bite you in November.

What a stupid fuck..........

Companies that are not profitable are laid to rest asshole.........but not on the public dime. Its called capitalism.

s0n........I'd have a tough time being able to identify the single greatest k00k on this forum, but in terms of phonies, you have no rival.

Eisenhower Republican.............:coffee:

What a stupid fuck..........

Companies that are not profitable are laid to rest asshole.........but not on the public dime. Its called capitalism.

s0n........I'd have a tough time being able to identify the single greatest k00k on this forum, but in terms of phonies, you have no rival.

Eisenhower Republican.............:coffee:

Dumbass- those companies didn't become "unprofitable" because they were flawed.

They became unprofitable because Bain did leverage buyouts, paid themselves huge amounts of money borrowing off their assets instead of modernizing their businesses, and then had to cut payrolls and operating expenses to pay off the loans that went to Bain and it's investors.

It was as much "Capitalism" as that bar in Goodfellas, where Paulie used a resturant to buy a bunch of merchandise he resold, and then torched it for the insurance money.

The "Phoniness" is that Republicans came to see this kind of Larceny as acceptable...

How do the guys who sign the front of checks, get the money? By signing the backs of checks, from their customers.

The differences are primarily how they want to see themselves. Neither seems to notice that the sales pitch they fall for has precious little to do with how their leaders govern once they have power. And they don't seem to care.

And here I thought this thread was actually made by a neutral. Color me decieved.

There is no difference between Obama and Romney supporters. The most radical of them are ridiculously hyper-partisan.

:clap2:

I've made the same mistake more than once. At this point I don't expect neutrality, objectivity, reason.

Well, you can have objectivity and reason without neutrality - but it's even more rare unfortunately.

Not every company that needs help can get the help....sometimes they're too far under to make it right again. Bain couldn't keep every single business open that they tried to help. There were many they help and the company still went under because of poor management. Or they were so far gone to begin with that NOBODY could have helped them.

So what's your take on all the bankruptcy's listed under Obama?? He's spending OUR tax dollars on failing companies without our permission. Bain spent their own money on saving companies. Who knows more about business in your eyes? What companies has Obama saved?

You guys are going to be so whinny on Election night when you see the country voting for the "business" guy, because they know Obama can't give us what we need. He's a proven FAILURE.

I am an Obama supporter. I sign about 200 checks per month on the back side. And, since I pay all of my vendors electronically, I don't sign many checks on the front side. Thus, technically, the OP has made a valid point.

Bravo!

Not every company that needs help can get the help....sometimes they're too far under to make it right again. Bain couldn't keep every single business open that they tried to help. There were many they help and the company still went under because of poor management. Or they were so far gone to begin with that NOBODY could have helped them.

Guy, Bain did not help anyone but themselves.

Maybe these companies had problems, but the fact is, Bain still paid itself and it's investors MILLIONS of dollars out of these failing companies. And when they went bankrupt, someone else was left holding the bag.

If Romney wants to run America the way he ran AmPad, I want no part of him, and neither should you.

I am an Obama supporter. I sign about 200 checks per month on the back side. And, since I pay all of my vendors electronically, I don't sign many checks on the front side. Thus, technically, the OP has made a valid point.

Bravo!

Technically, I pay all my checks by signing them, and I don't sign many checks on the backside, because my paycheck is electronically deposited.

(I do sign checks on the back for my resume business, so there's that. BUt I prefer cash.)

So what's your take on all the bankruptcy's listed under Obama?? He's spending OUR tax dollars on failing companies without our permission. Bain spent their own money on saving companies. Who knows more about business in your eyes? What companies has Obama saved?

You guys are going to be so whinny on Election night when you see the country voting for the "business" guy, because they know Obama can't give us what we need. He's a proven FAILURE.

Why does a company like Bain even exist? They really don't bring much to the table. What they do is get public and private money together to do hostile takeovers of real companies that have a track record and assets. And they do this for one reason..and one reason only..profit. In the animal kingdom they would be something like a Wasp..or a predatory parasite.

Bain didn't build anything. Bain didn't innovate in a way that was beneficial. They leverage, they outsource and in some cases, they destroy.

You're missing a key piece...Bain never came in to "help". Bain exists to harvest profit out of a company. Romney himself said so.

Bain Capital is an investment partnership which was formed to invest in startup companies and ongoing companies, then to take an active hand in managing them and hopefully, five to eight years later, to harvest them at a significant profit.
~Willard Romney

So the liberals on this thread would have preferred that 100% of those companies that were rescued by Bain Capital closed and all those workers that DIDN'T lose their jobs had hit the unemployment lines? You people are amazing.
Mitt Romney and Bain Capital--What liberals still do not grasp | Washington Times Communities

Bain isn't in the business of rescuing companies. Lord! They aren't called "vultures" for nothing...although I think that's a misnomer. Vultures are actually good for the environment. They are more like Vampire capitalists. They suck the lifeblood out of a company, leaving the empty shell.

Remember Richard Gere in Pretty Woman? He was a Vampire Capitalist...until he fucked Julia Roberts and decided to "build things".

While this is factually inaccurate, you are not helping Romney one bit reinforcing the stereotype that republicans hate the poor, keep it up elitist scum.

Forum List

Back