I don't believe people should be prosecuted under "Hate Crimes"!

Is 1 crime more heinous than another just because it is motivated by "Hate"? I don't think so. Tell the family of a murder victim that their loss is not so bad because it was not motivated by hate. Evidence of hate can be useful as a motive, but should not be a crime in itself. Murder is murder period.
There are different degrees of murder. Do you want to get rid of all those and treat them all the same?
No!
Ok then if you think different degrees of murder are justified then why do you object to hate crimes existing as an added degree of crime types?
Because:

1) it would be nigh impossible to determine the feelings of the perpetrator had when committing the crime

2) most assaults and murders occur with some degree of hate, so, essentially every murder and assault would be deemed a hate crime.

3) why should someone's feelings be a factor in sentencing. Does that mean if someone could prove they loved the victim, and was murdering then out of compassion that their sentence should be lighter?

4) since the left believes black people are incapable of racism, and hate crimes are based in racism, you've created a level of criminal sentencing that can only apply to white people.
There’s a whole system that is used to determine whether a crime qualifies as a hate crime. Why are you acting like it’s this arbitrary thing. People that hate others to the point where they will be violent to any of them based solely on how they look or what religion or what their sexual identity is posed a greater threat to society than somebody who gets drunk and accidentally kills somebody by crashing their car, and like the other degrees of murder, the circumstances around that murder vary based on the details of the crime. It’s amazing that you don’t understand this. Why do you oppose it? It make you sound like you are defending bigots who act out violently. Why in the world would you choose that side of the argument?!

Is 1 crime more heinous than another just because it is motivated by "Hate"? I don't think so. Tell the family of a murder victim that their loss is not so bad because it was not motivated by hate. Evidence of hate can be useful as a motive, but should not be a crime in itself. Murder is murder period.

I propose a compromise. Let's have the left write down all the punishments for "hate" crimes they want. Then let's change the punishment for everyone who commits those crimes to that

There are different degrees of murder. Do you want to get rid of all those and treat them all the same?
Let's say we have some neighborhoods where people have bad tempers and have committed several spur of the moment murders.
The fuckers should be shot dead on the spot.
Ok tough guy. Whatever you say!
Until that person murders your son like what happened to my co-worker's son, bleeding heart.
I’m sorry for your Coworker. You are still posting retarded ideas
Nope; too many murders by inveterate hotheads that don't make the news because nobody cares.
Those insurrection demofks never mention hate from the hoods! Notice?

No!
Ok then if you think different degrees of murder are justified then why do you object to hate crimes existing as an added degree of crime types?
Because:

1) it would be nigh impossible to determine the feelings of the perpetrator had when committing the crime

2) most assaults and murders occur with some degree of hate, so, essentially every murder and assault would be deemed a hate crime.

3) why should someone's feelings be a factor in sentencing. Does that mean if someone could prove they loved the victim, and was murdering then out of compassion that their sentence should be lighter?

4) since the left believes black people are incapable of racism, and hate crimes are based in racism, you've created a level of criminal sentencing that can only apply to white people.
There’s a whole system that is used to determine whether a crime qualifies as a hate crime. Why are you acting like it’s this arbitrary thing. People that hate others to the point where they will be violent to any of them based solely on how they look or what religion or what their sexual identity is posed a greater threat to society than somebody who gets drunk and accidentally kills somebody by crashing their car, and like the other degrees of murder, the circumstances around that murder vary based on the details of the crime. It’s amazing that you don’t understand this. Why do you oppose it? It make you sound like you are defending bigots who act out violently. Why in the world would you choose that side of the argument?!
Explain where a crime isn’t due to hate!

what is it called when a brother takes out a six year old child in the hood?

No!
Because:

First, as always, any time someone disagrees with a leftist on an issue, the leftist always comes out of the gate with, "you must be..." or "you are defending.....". Thats not the case, some people have different views, that doesn't make them apathetic to the issue.

Yes, hate crimes are bad, and nobody should be attacked because of their color, religion, sexuality...actually, nobody should be attacked for any reason.

My issue is trying to prosecute based on a hate crime, and worse yet, trying to make steeper penalties because of a hate crime, for the reasons I listed.

Have you read that latest hate crime bill that came through? It basically stated that, if in an altercation with someone of a protected class, if that person harmed in any way, to include things as simple as scratches or bruises, it is deemed a hate crime.

In other words, if you get into a fight with someone of a protected class, for whatever reason, it will be deemed a hate crime. Even if you get into an argument with someone, and maybe push them, and they stumble and fall, its a hate crime.

My issue with this is, the term "hate crime", is not, and will not be spread evenly. As pointed out in my post, you are trying to create a system that will levy stiffer penalties that can only be applied to white people.

Plus, if we are going to start down that path, we need to include a LOT more categories. What about fat people? Maybe people born with certain diseases? Maybe people with limb deformities. We've put sexual orientation, gender, and color in this little box and said, if you offend one of these people, you are guilty of a crime higher than normal, and you should be punished more severely! Well, let's add all these other things to that box as well, after all, if you commit a crime against a fat person, because they are fat, the penalty for your crime should be more than a normal person.

Plus, again, how does one prove a hate crime? Right now, if you attack a black person, its automatically deemed a hate crime. Really? How do you know? Are you assuming it was BECAUSE of their skin color, or are you just stating that if you attack.a black person, its automatically a hate crime BECAUSE they are black?

How can you prosecute someone for something you can't prove, and how can you want to create a system that can only be used to impact one group of people...it almost seems as if the system you want is...bigoted...

Let's say we have some neighborhoods where people have bad tempers and have committed several spur of the moment murders.
No! They deserve their day in court. If they are guilty, they should be appropriately punished.

No! They deserve their day in court. If they are guilty, they should be appropriately punished.
That’s too much common sense for him

I agree. It equates to thought police. It also pushes a narrative that some people's lives are worth more than others.

Most of them never get to court because everyone who knows one of these murderers knows they they will die.

Fully agree. "Hate Crime" is another way of saying PROGS are going to poison the justice system with their feelings.

So?

No one cares what you think or want.

So?

No one cares what you think or want.

No one or you?

No. If hate is a crime should there also be different degrees of hate? How about Hate. Strongly Dislike and Dislike?

No. If hate is a crime should there also be different degrees of hate? How about Hate. Strongly Dislike and Dislike?
Hate isn’t a crime... where are you getting that from? Targeting people based on race, sex, religion or sexual orientation and assaulting or murdering them is a crime.

that is true with anyone. Why is it not that way when it isn't a demofk? Trump was guilty the night of the 2016 election, for you to deny that is pure bullshit.

Hate isn’t a crime... where are you getting that from? Targeting people based on race, sex, religion or sexual orientation and assaulting or murdering them is a crime.
so you hating on us is ok huh? way to lead by example turd. BTW, you first have to have evidence of people targeting others. how do you get such nonsense, you target us daily.

The original conception of "hate crime" specified crimes that were intended to promote hatred against minorities - burning crosses, etc..... But like so many other things it was twisted into something different, into an attempt to make the hatred itself illegal.

I agree. It equates to thought police. It also pushes a narrative that some people's lives are worth more than others.
every life is equal in it's worth. The interesting point that is always missed with demofks, is why the demofks ignore black on black crime. double digit deaths weekly and never a mention by a demofk. It is also strange how those of us who voted for trump aren't allowed to mix in the demofks world. yeah, equal only as long as one agrees with demofks. Fk that Jack.

The original conception of "hate crime" specified crimes that were intended to promote hatred against minorities - burning crosses, etc..... But like so many other things it was twisted into something different, into an attempt to make the hatred itself illegal.
^^^^^^^^^^^Ding, Ding, Ding,.....EXACTLY.

I didn't say hate isn't a crime but you know that. I see you used that to skirt the real reason for my post. You brought up different degrees of murder. Why can't or shouldn't there be different degrees of hate?

Forum List

Back