I don't believe people should be prosecuted under "Hate Crimes"!

Is 1 crime more heinous than another just because it is motivated by "Hate"? I don't think so. Tell the family of a murder victim that their loss is not so bad because it was not motivated by hate. Evidence of hate can be useful as a motive, but should not be a crime in itself. Murder is murder period.
There are different degrees of murder. Do you want to get rid of all those and treat them all the same?
Let's say we have some neighborhoods where people have bad tempers and have committed several spur of the moment murders.
The fuckers should be shot dead on the spot.
Ok tough guy. Whatever you say!

Is 1 crime more heinous than another just because it is motivated by "Hate"? I don't think so. Tell the family of a murder victim that their loss is not so bad because it was not motivated by hate. Evidence of hate can be useful as a motive, but should not be a crime in itself. Murder is murder period.
There are different degrees of murder. Do you want to get rid of all those and treat them all the same?
Let's say we have some neighborhoods where people have bad tempers and have committed several spur of the moment murders.
Until that person murders your son like what happened to my co-worker's son, bleeding heart.

Until that person murders your son like what happened to my co-worker's son, bleeding heart.
I’m sorry for your Coworker. You are still posting retarded ideas

Very few people are actually prosecuted for "hate crimes."

The conduct that underlies a "hate crime" is invariably a crime, regardless. When such a crime is being prosecuted, the prosecutor will charge the actual crime (assault, homicide, etc.), and tack on a "hate crime" charge. The convictions rarely even mention the hate crime.

Hate crime laws were created for the specific purpose of creating a "double jeopardy" scenario, where a criminal is either acquitted or convicted of a "lesser crime" in a state court, and a hate crime is suspected. They give the Feds the ability to charge ANOTHER CRIME based on the exact same acts, in order to satisfy the Federal thirst for "social justice."

Accordingly, many believe (including me) that hate crimes laws are intrinsically unconstitutional, and should be abolished.

That's not how that works.

Nope; too many murders by inveterate hotheads that don't make the news because nobody cares.

Nope; too many murders by inveterate hotheads that don't make the news because nobody cares.
You're just spitting hot air

You're just spinning the facts away.
I work in 2 hoods and have co-workers who live in a 3rd.
Go suck a Bleeding Heart Dick.

I haven't spun a thing and I’m not denying there are crime problems. I’m dissing your BS solutions. You’re emoting which is fine but it’s all meaningless bluster

I haven't spun a thing and I’m not denying there are crime problems. I’m dissing your BS solutions. You’re emoting which is fine but it’s all meaningless bluster
I deal with facts; there are lots of murderers out there who would put a bullet through your head for looking at their fat ass woman.
Perhaps you should show your chops and stop by a hood bar once in a while.

I deal with facts; there are lots of murderers out there who would put a bullet through your head for looking at their fat ass woman.
Why would I want to show my chops?

Because you always come up with 1,000 reasons why there's no trouble in the Hood.

Because you always come up with 1,000 reasons why there's no trouble in the Hood.
Haha, is that right?! Can you point to just one of the 1000 reasons that I’ve stated?!

I didn’t think so. Go to bed now junior

almost all deliberate pre meditated murder is hate . you are right ! there should be no hate crime laws.

There is no such thing as a Hate Crime. It is a joke to assume one can know the FEELINGS of another much less prosecute them on their feelings assuming that was their motivation.

And the proof of the fraud is that Blacks are never charged with hate crimes though they probably hate more than anyone else!
Asians can attest to that ! Asians: Stop blaming Whitey

I am torn on the issue...motives are certainly important when it comes to crime. For example, if someone is stealing food from the grocery store to feed themselves or the child...that's vastly different then someone stealing out of mere greed..,it doesn't excuse the crime, but certainly would impact how I'd punish someone convicted of it.

when talking about violent crime, it matters too...was the intent to do harm? To kill? that's why we have manslaughter v murder....

but when it comes to murder....if the intent was to kill....again, motive matters...did the person intent to kill the person that might have raped their wife, or child? Not an excuse, but I can certianly understand why....vs. the intent was to kill this person, simply because they were a different race, different gender, etc....

I think you could simply make a larger range of potential punishment for crimes...leave it to the jury or fact finder to determine. I think by adding the "hate" element, it can actually make it more difficult on the Prosecutor to prove that extra element

Its worrying that a majority of posters on this thread do not understand what a hate crime is and have retired into their comfort zone to avoid the issue. I can only attribute that to stupidity and racism which is pretty much the same thing.
Dumb America right here on this thread.

No!
Ok then if you think different degrees of murder are justified then why do you object to hate crimes existing as an added degree of crime types?
Because:

1) it would be nigh impossible to determine the feelings of the perpetrator had when committing the crime

2) most assaults and murders occur with some degree of hate, so, essentially every murder and assault would be deemed a hate crime.

3) why should someone's feelings be a factor in sentencing. Does that mean if someone could prove they loved the victim, and was murdering then out of compassion that their sentence should be lighter?

4) since the left believes black people are incapable of racism, and hate crimes are based in racism, you've created a level of criminal sentencing that can only apply to white people.

Forum List

Back