I don't believe people should be prosecuted under "Hate Crimes"!

Is 1 crime more heinous than another just because it is motivated by "Hate"? I don't think so. Tell the family of a murder victim that their loss is not so bad because it was not motivated by hate. Evidence of hate can be useful as a motive, but should not be a crime in itself. Murder is murder period.
There are different degrees of murder. Do you want to get rid of all those and treat them all the same?
More leftist BS nonsense.
Wow, that sure was a deep and thoughtful non answer to my question. Thanks for sharing! Idiot
Truth hurts you liars.

Is 1 crime more heinous than another just because it is motivated by "Hate"? I don't think so. Tell the family of a murder victim that their loss is not so bad because it was not motivated by hate. Evidence of hate can be useful as a motive, but should not be a crime in itself. Murder is murder period.
There are different degrees of murder. Do you want to get rid of all those and treat them all the same?
No. If hate is a crime should there also be different degrees of hate? How about Hate. Strongly Dislike and Dislike?
Hate isn’t a crime... where are you getting that from? Targeting people based on race, sex, religion or sexual orientation and assaulting or murdering them is a crime.

I didn't say hate isn't a crime but you know that. I see you used that to skirt the real reason for my post. You brought up different degrees of murder. Why can't or shouldn't there be different degrees of hate?
You said “If hate is a crime then...” I said hate isn’t a crime. I never said you claimed hate isn’t a crime. It’s literally right there to read. Why are you mischaracterizing what I said when it’s so easy to see?!

There are different degrees of hate. 1st degree: hate that is acted upon. 2nd degree: hate that is expressed but not acted upon. 3rd degree: hate that is felt but not expressed:

happy?!

So you beleive a person could go to prison for third degree hate, hate that is felt but not expressed?
Of course not... just first degree

So if a guy kills another guy because he slept with his wife and also was race x, he should be prosecuted for both murder and a hate crime?
That would fall under the category of first degree or second degree murder. Not a hate crime. Like I said there is a whole system around determining what a hate crime is. You should read up on it

Oh, I've read up on it alright. No need to add hate as a crime. There are already laws for it.

More leftist BS nonsense.
Wow, that sure was a deep and thoughtful non answer to my question. Thanks for sharing! Idiot
Truth hurts you liars.
Haha, you think you dropped some truth that hurt me?! What exactly was that? Avoiding my question and calling it BS. Wow, really got me there!!!

This is where you ignore the impact on society.

He said, murder is murder. Where hate crimes would be classified as 1st degree murder with aggravating factors. It would just be codifying those factors.

Hate crime laws are necessary.
That is because you can protect yourself from a crime of passion or greed.
You can just avoid getting personally involved with a person who you discover to be unstable or overly narcissistic.

But the difference and problem with a hate crime is that the victim did nothing to cause it and had no way to avoid it.
And a hate crime is MUCH more serious because who would commit a hate crime is a much greater danger not only to others, but all of society. They break down the essential social trust people have that allows society to function at all.
If everyone becomes unsafe due to people who are willing to attack strangers based just on things like their race, religion, appearance, political affiliation, etc., then society faces total collapse.

You can deter a crime of passion or greed with punishments, but it is much harder to deter a hate crime because it is irrational, so you really have to keep them locked up and secure, maybe forever.

Last edited:

He said, murder is murder. Where hate crimes would be classified as 1st degree murder with aggravating factors. It would just be codifying those factors.

Murder is not just a single event of murder when it is a hate crime.
When one person kills one person over greed, jealousy, resentment, etc., there was a reason for it, and everyone else likely is safe since that reason does not apply to them.
But when it is a hare crime, then there is no reason for it, so it can't be avoided, and potentially tens of thousands of other people could also be at risk, through no fault of their own.
Normal murder does not threaten others, while hate crimes do.

You can just avoid getting personally involved with a person who you discover to be unstable or overly narcissistic.

But the difference and problem with a hate crime is that the victim did nothing to cause it and had no way to avoid it.
And a hate crime is MUCH more serious because who would commit a hate crime is a much greater danger not only to others, but all of society. They break down the essential social trust people have that allows society to function at all.
If everyone becomes unsafe due to people who are willing to attack strangers based just on things like their race, religion, appearance, political affiliation, etc., then society faces total collapse.

You can deter a crime of passion or greed with punishments, but it is much harder to deter a hate crime because it is irrational, so you really have to keep them locked up and secure, maybe forever.
Says you? Hahaha hahaha who the fk are you to pass judgment on others? Gawd? Hahaha hahaha delirious

When one person kills one person over greed, jealousy, resentment, etc., there was a reason for it, and everyone else likely is safe since that reason does not apply to them.
But when it is a hare crime, then there is no reason for it, so it can't be avoided, and potentially tens of thousands of other people could also be at risk, through no fault of their own.
What other kind is there?

"I killed him because I liked him."

SNOE

If they only hate the one person, that does not invoke a hate crime law.
Hate crime laws are for when someone hates a whole class of strangers so much that they are a threat to them all.
So then special laws are needed because you can't defend yourself from such hostile strangers.

Says you? Hahaha hahaha who the fk are you to pass judgment on others? Gawd? Hahaha hahaha delirious
However Progressives control the system and they do pass judgement.

I was evaluating the risk to strangers, not passing judgement on the individual.

What other kind of what is there?

If you mean what kinds of murders are there, there are crimes of greed and passion mostly.
And the difference between normal murder and hate crimes is that the target is limited to a motivation you can deter with a normal murder of greed or passion, but impossible to deter with motivated out of an irrational and impersonal hatred of any entire group of strangers.

Everyone who believes in a criminal justice system to reduce crime, believes in passing judgement.
And since it usually works, it is a good idea.
The problem is there no way to deter a hate crime committed against strangers.

I’d like for them to at least admit it

Everyone who believes in a criminal justice system to reduce crime, believes in passing judgement.
And since it usually works, it is a good idea.
The problem is there no way to deter a hate crime committed against strangers.
Hate crime is mumbo jumbo tramp

What other kind of what is there?

If you mean what kinds of murders are there, there are crimes of greed and passion mostly.
And the difference between normal murder and hate crimes is that the target is limited to a motivation you can deter with a normal murder of greed or passion, but impossible to deter with motivated out of an irrational and impersonal hatred of any entire group of strangers.
All based off hate, intent hate, to hurt, demoralize

I was evaluating the risk to strangers, not passing judgement on the individual.
There is risk pumping gas, car jack you bozos ignore. No judgement

Reading your post made me think and consider what you mention. There is a problem with that, though. Hate is hard to prove so the burden of proof has to be lowered. From my own experience of seeing news of a crime being committed, it seems that a person who commits a crime against another person who is different in some way (race, nationality, gender, faith, etc.) is automatically accused of committing the crime because of that difference. It could be that the victim was just at the wrong place, at the wrong time. The perp would have committed the crime no matter who was victimized.

The correct term is "Thought Crimes"

Forum List

Back