I don't believe people should be prosecuted under "Hate Crimes"!

Is 1 crime more heinous than another just because it is motivated by "Hate"? I don't think so. Tell the family of a murder victim that their loss is not so bad because it was not motivated by hate. Evidence of hate can be useful as a motive, but should not be a crime in itself. Murder is murder period.
I agree with you. Almost all crimes have a degree of hate to them regardless of what races are involved. Ya don't typically put a bullet in some one you like.
And something like this must be evenly applied across the board...and we don't do that....its left to societal whims....

Is 1 crime more heinous than another just because it is motivated by "Hate"? I don't think so. Tell the family of a murder victim that their loss is not so bad because it was not motivated by hate. Evidence of hate can be useful as a motive, but should not be a crime in itself. Murder is murder period.

There is no such thing as a Hate Crime. It is a joke to assume one can know the FEELINGS of another much less prosecute them on their feelings assuming that was their motivation.

And the proof of the fraud is that Blacks are never charged with hate crimes though they probably hate more than anyone else!
You obviously don’t know what a hate crime is... this thread is attracting all the genius’s today!
Hate crimes can be and are many time pushed for political reasons. And not pushed for political reasons. Making sure is the proper course.

I agree with you. Almost all crimes have a degree of hate to them regardless of what races are involved. Ya don't typically put a bullet in some one you like.
Crimes of passion can be that way.

And something like this must be evenly applied across the board...and we don't do that....its left to societal whims....
When threatened I react regardless of race. Even when you are in the right and act in accordance to laws it is likely you still end up in court. We do not need this type of complication in an all ready overly litigious society. Even when the system works great amounts of money can be spent making it work.I am pretty sure current laws are more than sufficient at handing out punishment.

I think the point of identifying a crime as a hate crime may have something to do with stiffer sentencing guidelines, as a greater deterrence to attacking someone or something out of hate. Possibly the thinking is that rehabilitation would take longer or perhaps not possible if the crime is believe to be motivate by hate.

Why have different levels of charges then like 1st degree vs 2nd degree?

Hate is a motive and should be presented in prosecuting a case, but it is NOT in and of itself a crime.

I have few problems with the notion of hate crimes PER SE. As long as there is a clear and consistent definition for one, namely, that a person the assailant does not know is targeted for their ethnicity or other fixed traits, and is being assaulted in order to instill fear in the greater community the victim represents.

What I do have a problem with is the way it is actually treated, as only SOME people are considered guilty of committing one, while others commit them with immunity. Blacks in the country have many privileges others do not have and the immunity they enjoy in this regard is one of them. They are the most hateful element of society and no other group is even close, yet they are almost never arraigned on hate crime charges despite the fact they are so obviously motivated by their racism.

It does provide evidence of motive. It is a joke, and it contributes to the perpetuation of racial division. Hate crimes probably do not render a different sentence upon conviction.
We do not need a new Constitution. However, we do need to amend the Constitution. Certain necessary things like term limits for senators and congressmen will only happen when the amendment process begins with a Constitutionally mandated Article V Convention of States. An Article V Convention of States only replaces Congress in the beginning process. The results of the convention still need to be approved by the necessary number of states.

There are different degrees of murder. Do you want to get rid of all those and treat them all the same?
No!

There are different degrees of murder. Do you want to get rid of all those and treat them all the same?
No!
Ok then if you think different degrees of murder are justified then why do you object to hate crimes existing as an added degree of crime types?

Hate crimes are a form of terrorism.

No, they're not...
Nice rebuttal. Were you on the elementary school debate team? No one has ever had a problem with enhancing criminal penalties due to aggravating circumstances until white people finally started going down hard for racist attacks on minorities.

No need to have been on a debate team to get the best of you, Myron.

It's not a form of terrorism, and you can't show that it is...

No!
Ok then if you think different degrees of murder are justified then why do you object to hate crimes existing as an added degree of crime types?
Difference Between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd-Degree Murder? - Save Our Schools March
These are the different degrees of murder. None of them involve motive, which is what hate crimes do.

No!
These are the different degrees of murder. None of them involve motive, which is what hate crimes do.
The motive is taken into consideration during the sentencing phase if the perp. is convicted of murder.

No!
What’s the difference between second and third degree? I see that as similar to the difference between second degree and hate crimes

Let's say we have some neighborhoods where people have bad tempers and have committed several spur of the moment murders.
The fuckers should be shot dead on the spot.

Forum List

Back