I do not feel represented by DC.

Democrats? Lol
Republicans? Democrat lite
Trump? More Democrat than Hillary

Equal representation? My ass. The GOP has control but are clueless and the left pretty much has control by default.

Depressing
Term limits and publicly-funded elections. They're too fucking worried about fundraising, being primaried, and winning elections.

It's the only way to change their behaviors.

Democrats? Lol

Equal representation? My ass. The GOP has control but are clueless and the left pretty much has control by default.

Depressing
Term limits and publicly-funded elections. They're too fucking worried about fundraising, being primaried, and winning elections.

I dislike the idea of term limits as a matter of principle......but as a matter of practicality, I've come to believe we should have them.

• Banned
Democrats? Lol

Depressing

I agree but they will never pass that.

Democrats? Lol

Depressing

I dislike the idea of term limits as a matter of principle......but as a matter of practicality, I've come to believe we should have them.
Exactly, agree on both counts. It is what it is.

Democrats? Lol

Depressing

Well enjoy it while you can because I believe this is the Republican's last chance. If they screw this up I think the Republican party is going to dissolve. I see people like yourself willing to start a new party--a conservative party and leave the Republican party to be a Democrat lite party. They may not win elections for a very long time, but maybe the threat of the Republican party breaking into two will kick them in the ass and force them to carry out our wishes.

The Democratic Party should have to call themselves The Bolshevik Party, because they are all Marxists.

The Republican Party should have to call themselves the Pussy Party, because they are scared shit-less of the New York Media.

The New York Media should have to call itself Pravda, like the old Soviet Press, because it is run, or runs, the Bolshevik Party.

This once great country is rotting, because of the above three.

Democrats? Lol

Depressing
you only have your two senators and 1 congressman that is suppose to represent YOU in congress....that's all any one of us can hope for....

How are these 3 doing for you?

Democrats? Lol

Depressing
you only have your two senators and 1 congressman that is suppose to represent YOU in congress....that's all any one of us can hope for....

I've tried to vote for Blunts primary candidate opponent for a few years. He's old establishment and needs to go.
I don't get to vote in Clairs district.
As to my congressman he is but ONE VOTE in a sea of spineless tools.

Someone once said, but I don't remember who. (Could be Mark Twain or Will Rogers):

"Every politician, upon election, should be required to sign an agreement that at the completion of their term they be publicly hanged."

That's why there are no term limits.

Democrats? Lol

Depressing

How would term limits change anything ?

It's the unchecked money that's the problem.

Democrats? Lol

Depressing

The money issues will never be solved but term limits will DRASTICALLY lower it's influence because people aren't going to part ways with large sums of cash to buy influence if they know the Congress critter can't run again.

Democrats? Lol

Depressing

I've tried to vote for Blunts primary candidate opponent for a few years. He's old establishment and needs to go.
I don't get to vote in Clairs district.
As to my congressman he is but ONE VOTE in a sea of spineless tools.
I know what ya mean... my R-congressman is guy I never admired or respected who was in our state gvt before running in my district for congress critter 2 years ago or so, and i have an R-senator collins and an Independent senator king....not one of them represents my positions on everything, it's more like a 1 in 10, where I get what I support... :(

The best method to address this is to become intimately involved in politics. Get a megaphone, spread the word and obtain a following.

It can't be easy, but if enough people give a damn, change is imminent.

Democrats? Lol

Depressing

The money issues will never be solved but term limits will DRASTICALLY lower it's influence because people aren't going to part ways with large sums of cash to buy influence if they know the Congress critter can't run again.
It's the "staffers" that carry on tradition and yes, even the quid pro quos with lobbies...they even write the bills congress critters or senators introduce and they are the ones that read the bills for the representative or senator....

these staffers get picked up and hired by other party representatives or senators when and if they lose...

So the problem... if there is one, from researching this, is with these (deep state ...if there is such a thing) staffers that were never even voted in to office...imo.

The best method to address this is to become intimately involved in politics. Get a megaphone, spread the word and obtain a following.

It can't be easy, but if enough people give a damn, change is imminent.
That is not an option for someone with a checkered past like me. I consider myself lucky just being able to vote.

Democrats? Lol

Depressing

Term limits exist, if and only if the voter stops voting by rote. Publicly funded elections make sense, but if and only if the media gives equal time to the opposition. If the NRA runs an ad on TV or radio, the Gun Control Coalition must be provided equal time; if the Choice coalition runs an ad, the right to life coalition must be provided equal time.

If a candidate runs an ad, his or her opponent needs to be provided equal time. Equal time means equal space in print too, not only radio and TV.

Of course the media won't like it, they will lose $$$; the blogs, message boards and partisan sites on the Internet will continue to allow lies, half-truths, innuendos & spread rumors to assassinate the character of the opposition, unless calumny is punished by fines, jail sentences and restitution to the victim.

Democrats? Lol

Depressing

Term limits exist, if and only if the voter stops voting by rote. Publicly funded elections make sense, but if and only if the media gives equal time to the opposition. If the NRA runs an ad on TV or radio, the Gun Control Coalition must be provided equal time; if the Choice coalition runs an ad, the right to life coalition must be provided equal time.

If a candidate runs an ad, his or her opponent needs to be provided equal time. Equal time means equal space in print too, not only radio and TV.

Of course the media won't like it, they will lose $$$; the blogs, message boards and partisan sites on the Internet will continue to allow lies, half-truths, innuendos & spread rumors to assassinate the character of the opposition, unless calumny is punished by fines, jail sentences and restitution to the victim.
So you're saying all those women that claimed they were raped by Trump, Cain & every other Republican in history belongs in jail?

Democrats? Lol

Depressing
Welcome to corporate America, where even the federal and state govt's can be bought..

Forum List

Back