I do not feel represented by DC.

The best method to address this is to become intimately involved in politics. Get a megaphone, spread the word and obtain a following.

It can't be easy, but if enough people give a damn, change is imminent.
That is not an option for someone with a checkered past like me. I consider myself lucky just being able to vote.

There are plenty of people who have been imperfect in life and can be successful politically. It's now what you have done but what you do, not who you were but who you are. Most civilized human beings are forgiving, we saw that in the Trump campaign. People judge you for what you do now.

The best method to address this is to become intimately involved in politics. Get a megaphone, spread the word and obtain a following.

It can't be easy, but if enough people give a damn, change is imminent.
That is not an option for someone with a checkered past like me. I consider myself lucky just being able to vote.

There are plenty of people who have been imperfect in life and can be successful politically. It's now what you have done but what you do, not who you were but who you are. Most civilized human beings are forgiving, we saw that in the Trump campaign. People judge you for what you do now.
Felons can not hold political office and are crucified regularly in political circles. Not a chance I'd subject myself to that nonsense.

Lefties haven't won a significant election in six years and lost more than 900 state and local elections during the Hussein years and now they are depressed. Well duh.

Democrats? Lol
Republicans? Democrat lite
Trump? More Democrat than Hillary

Equal representation? My ass. The GOP has control but are clueless and the left pretty much has control by default.

Depressing
Term limits and publicly-funded elections. They're too fucking worried about fundraising, being primaried, and winning elections.

It's the only way to change their behaviors.

Term limits impact an individual's liberty, public funding also, plus a candidates liberty to spend money on their own election. Voters can alter candidates behaviors, too many do not bother to vote.

Felons can not hold political office and are crucified regularly in political circles. Not a chance I'd subject myself to that nonsense.

Federal - Felons can be elected to Federal office.

Kansas - Felons cannot hold public office during their period of their sentence. Once the sentence is complete they can again hold public office.

Missouri - Felons cannot hold public office during their period of their sentence. Once the sentence is complete they can again hold public office.

(You are correct in that nothing prevents prior felonious acts from being raised during a campaign either by the media or the individual opponents(s).)

Felons in Elected Office - FactCheck.org
Kansas - Guide to Pardon, Expungement & Sealing
Rights of a Convicted Felon in Missouri

>>>>

Democrats? Lol

Equal representation? My ass. The GOP has control but are clueless and the left pretty much has control by default.

Depressing

Well enjoy it while you can because I believe this is the Republican's last chance. If they screw this up I think the Republican party is going to dissolve. I see people like yourself willing to start a new party--a conservative party and leave the Republican party to be a Democrat lite party. They may not win elections for a very long time, but maybe the threat of the Republican party breaking into two will kick them in the ass and force them to carry out our wishes.
No it won't. They know why they were elected THIS time and still screw with their voters.

Federal - Felons can be elected to Federal office.

Kansas - Felons cannot hold public office during their period of their sentence. Once the sentence is complete they can again hold public office.

Missouri - Felons cannot hold public office during their period of their sentence. Once the sentence is complete they can again hold public office.

Felons in Elected Office - FactCheck.org
Kansas - Guide to Pardon, Expungement & Sealing
Rights of a Convicted Felon in Missouri

>>>>
I was convicted of Aggravated Terroristic Threats.
Aggravated assault & battery.
Aggravated intimidation of a state witness.
Criminal damage to property.
Aggravated juvenile delinquency.

And those were just the charges I was convicted of.
How far do you suppose a career in politics would go with a rap sheet like that?

How far do you suppose a career in politics would go with a rap sheet like that?

You may have missed my immediate edit (understandable) which was "(You are correct in that nothing prevents prior felonious acts from being raised during a campaign either by the media or the individual opponents(s).)"

Saying that because of their prior felonies a felon is unlikely to be elected, is very different from saying they are barred from being elected. The two are not the same.

>>>>

You may have missed my immediate edit (understandable) which was "(You are correct in that nothing prevents prior felonious acts from being raised during a campaign either by the media or the individual opponents(s).)"

Saying that because of their prior felonies a felon is unlikely to be elected, is very different from saying they are barred from being elected. The two are not the same.

>>>>
They rake politicians over the coals for a dwi or minor drug use.

I would get decimated no matter my platform. At that point my successful remodeling business would also go down the drain.
I paid for my crimes once. Not gonna do it again.

I would get decimated no matter my platform. At that point my successful remodeling business would also go down the drain.

You made a statement that consisted of two parts. I was curious and checked this part "Felons can not hold political office..."

That is false, felons can hold political office both at the federal and state levels (depending of course on the specifics of the states law).

I don't make any comment about whether you personally could get elected.

>>>>

You made a statement that consisted of two parts. I was curious and checked this part "Felons can not hold political office..."

That is false, felons can hold political office both at the federal and state levels (depending of course on the specifics of the states law).

I don't make any comment about whether you personally could get elected.

>>>>
Then I stand corrected. I immediately moved back to Colorado after my prison stint and assumed their laws were pretty much the standard nation wide.
They should be as equal treatment should Trump state law.

Then I stand corrected. I immediately moved back to Colorado after my prison stint and assumed their laws were pretty much the standard nation wide.
They should be as equal treatment should Trump state law.

Your ability to hold public office is restored in Colorado once the sentence is complete.

Rights of Convicted Felons in Colorado

>>>>
I don't live there anymore and I got out of prison a long time ago so laws today probably don't reflect my memory.

Democrats? Lol

Depressing
Term limits and publicly-funded elections. They're too fucking worried about fundraising, being primaried, and winning elections.

It's the only way to change their behaviors.

I dislike the idea of term limits as a matter of principle......but as a matter of practicality, I've come to believe we should have them.

How would term limits change anything ?

It's the unchecked money that's the problem.

In the end, term limits might just change the way that the powerful monied interests influence the government. However, I've come to the conclusion that, of changes that might have a positive effect on government, term limits is the most likely to occur. We've already got presidential term limits, no reason it couldn't happen with Congress.

I look at government as inherently corrupt, something which will always try to increase its own power. I don't see term limits, or any other proposal, as a way to "fix" government. Instead, I think that it might be a check on government. Small changes, minor limitations on government power, even if only temporary, should probably happen somewhat regularly. Term limits would be such a change.

Democrats? Lol

Depressing

That's because you aren't. They have ONE function and that is to do whatever the Banks tell them to do.

The Democratic Party should have to call themselves The Bolshevik Party, because they are all Marxists.

The Republican Party should have to call themselves the Pussy Party, because they are scared shit-less of the New York Media.

The New York Media should have to call itself Pravda, like the old Soviet Press, because it is run, or runs, the Bolshevik Party.

This once great country is rotting, because of the above three.
Just wondering if you even know what Marxism is. How about giving us YOUR definition, because right now, I don’t see anyone in America expressing Marxist doctrine.

Democrats? Lol

Depressing
Careful, your fascism is showing.

That's because you aren't. They have ONE function and that is to do whatever the Banks tell them to do.

Yeah, it's banks. :heehee:

Attachments

• jewish madness.jpg
    jewish madness.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 12

Forum List

Back