I can’t imagine how Trump supporters are going to spin the next few months

According to actual EXPERTS (as in not a dumbass politician), the most realistic scenario going forward is that THOUSANDS of Americans will be dead by late summer from CO-VID.

it’ll be fascinating to see how republicans will spin that narrative. I mean even if they will pretend that Trump isn’t partly to blame for the American death toll by ignoring the start of the virus, they would still have to explain them downplaying the seriousness of the disease right now. Hell, I’m sure most of them will say “I never took it lightly!” Yeah right. Polls show most republicans think this isn’t some legitimate health crisis.

Opinion | The Best-Case Outcome for the Coronavirus, and the Worst

The above article is pretty interesting.

Worst case a year from now: about 2 million of Americans are dead and we are in the midst of a depression.

Realistic case: Thousands of Americans will be dead in the next few months but the disease will have been contained through effective social distancing and protocol.

Best case: The disease mutates and dies out on its own sooner rather than later which obviously can’t be predicted. It’s just possible it could happen.

These are scary times. We need to face the reality of how fucked things are going to get.
The death toll will have to get over 17,000 to beat Obama's record with Swine flu. Aside from that, we are on track for over 30,000 deaths from plain old flu. This isn't a crisis. It's media generated hysteria.

The bottom line: You're a moron.
Uh no it was 10,000 and it was in the span of over a year. The death toll for the Coronavirus will reach that in one or two months based on how the rate of infection is growing. The death toll in Italy alone is 5,000 and the virus has only been there for two months. 800 of those deaths were in the last 24 hours.

1) The transmission rate for Coronavirus is 2.5x higher than the flu.

2) The death rate from the flu is 0.1% vs the death rate from the Coronavirus is 3.4%. That’s a massive difference.

3) 20% of those with Coronavirus require hospitalization. That’s 10x the flu.

4) The hospital stay for Coronavirus is twice as long which will overwhelm our healthcare system.

Your dumbass couldn’t explain how it is Obama’s fault for the spread of the swine flu if your life depended it on it lol

How The Novel Coronavirus And The Flu Are Alike ... And Different

See? You’re wrong as always. That’s part of being a Trumptard.

We all know, Billy, that you are always wrong. You rely 100% on fake news.

An adviser to Italy's minister of health, Professor Walter Ricciardi, said the coronavirus death rate in Italy may be higher than in other countries not only because of demographics -- Italy has the second oldest population in the world -- but also because of the way Italy records deaths of those who have tested positive for the coronavirus.
"The way in which we code deaths in our country is very generous in the sense that all the people who die in hospitals with the coronavirus are deemed to be dying of the coronavirus," Prof. Riccardi told The Telegraph.
"On re-evaluation by the National Institute of Health, only 12 percent of death certificates have shown a direct causality from coronavirus, while 88 percent of patients who have died have at least one [other] pre-morbidity [disease] sic - many had two or three," the professor explains.
The professor is not alone, as others say it's way too early to know the true mortality rate so long as the number of mild cases in the country remains unknown.
Italy's older population may also explain the large number of deaths being attributed to the coronavirus.
"The age of our patients in hospitals is substantially older - the median is 67, while in China it was 46," the professor says. "So essentially the age distribution of our patients is squeezed to an older age and this is substantial in increasing the lethality."
A study in the Journal of the American Medical Association found that 87 percent of the deaths in Italy attributed to the coronavirus and 40 percent of known infections have been people 70 years of age or older.
The coronavirus obviously poses a threat to the health and well-being of people all around the world, but it's probably a good idea to balance the panic and all the dire forecasts with a little bit of critical thinking.
In addition to what the Italian advisor said the fact is virtually every old person in Italy lives with their children and grandchildren of other relatives.
The spread of the virus is 100% exacerbated by this fact.

We all thank the Lord that Trump is President.

Can you imagine had Open Borders, the ChiComs own me Hillary had won?

Billy--- would wuv it.

View attachment 313990
Ah yes gotta pivot to Hillary. It’s all you idiots know what to do when you can’t defend your narrative in the face of facts and reality.
You're using a terrible illness to make political weapons so you got NO BUSINESS complaining about anyone elses tactics.

Jackass

According to actual EXPERTS (as in not a dumbass politician), the most realistic scenario going forward is that THOUSANDS of Americans will be dead by late summer from CO-VID.

"Thousands"??!! I thought it was going to be "millions" or at least "hundreds of thousands"? Guess how many people have already died in the current common flu season? At least 10,000-that's more than the number of people killed by COVID-19 in China and Italy combined after four months. How many people were killed during the 2009-2010 swine flu outbreak in the U.S.? About 12,000.

Last edited:
So Billy's wondering how Trump supporters are going to spin this if "thousands" of Americans die from COVID-19 by the end of summer?! "Thousands"??!! I thought it was going to be "millions" or at least "hundreds of thousands"? Guess how many people have already died in the current common flu season? At least 10,000-that's more than the number of people killed by COVID-19 in China and Italy combined after four months. How many people were killed during the 2009-2010 swine flu outbreak in the U.S.? About 12,000.

When you look at the map of countries with the worst infection rate, the US is at the top

And we are relying on a Birther, Reality TV Star to save us

Why not? Last administration was run by a community organizer with a terrorist name, and you trusted him.

You left out the part where he was born in Kenya

I don't know where he was born at. But I do know you won't find many Barack Hussein's in Hawaii.
Did you know that he is a Muslim?

A Muslim that attended and got married in a Christian church?
Not a CHRISTIAN Church

I don't know where he was born at.
Sure you do. It's public knowledge. You aren't a birther nut are you?

No, simply stating I have no idea where he was born. It doesn't matter anyway. If you are born to at least one American parent, that makes you an American whether born in our country or half way across the world.
But it doesnt make you a NATURAL BORN CITIZEN as the Constitution requires of a president

Sure you do. It's public knowledge. You aren't a birther nut are you?

No, simply stating I have no idea where he was born. It doesn't matter anyway. If you are born to at least one American parent, that makes you an American whether born in our country or half way across the world.
But it doesnt make you a NATURAL BORN CITIZEN as the Constitution requires of a president

In that case, McCain shouldn't have been allowed to run for President. He wasn't born in the states either.

The real question is, How will liberals justify their fear-mongering in a few months when it becomes undeniably obvious that their claims about the virus were severely exaggerated and inaccurate? Even in some nations that have not closed their schools and/or shut down half their economy, the COVID-19 death remains well below, slightly below, or slightly above 1%.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the top scientific adviser to the coronavirus task force, admitted that he finds President Trump’s disregard of facts frustrating at times, but that to the president’s credit, “on substantive issues, he does listen to what I say.”

In an interview with Science Magazine’s Jon Cohen published Sunday night, Fauci was asked about some of the misinformation Trump has spread from the White House podium, often with the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases standing by his side.

"I can’t imagine how Trump supporters are going to spin the next few months"

They'll do what they always do when things turn sour on their watch -- blame Democrats.

LOL

That's only because you're a fucking idiot.

obama-factcheck-colb.jpg

Trump leads from behind on the coronavirus, invoking federalism to excuse his dithering response
“I’m a wartime president,” Donald Trump reiterated on Sunday night. “This is a war.”

But even as he sought the deference historically afforded to leaders at the start of a military conflict, President Trump made clear that he does not want to accept any responsibility for either strategic blunders or tactical failures in the battle against the novel coronavirus.

As he spoke repeatedly of “winning” against “the hidden enemy,” Trump’s news conference at the White House starkly illustrated an unabashed effort to have his cake and eat it too.

The president was widely ridiculed last week for ripping into NBC’s Peter Alexander after being asked the softball question of what message he would like to deliver to Americans who are afraid. Attempting a do-over of sorts, Trump sounded a soothing, if scripted, note when he entered the briefing room.

“For those worried and afraid, please know as long as I am your president you can feel confident that you have a leader who will always fight for you, and I will not stop until we win,” he said. “This will be a great victory. … And it's going to be a victory that, in my opinion, will happen much sooner than originally expected.”

Trump then repeatedly sought to pass the buck, primarily to Democratic governors. “The governors, locally, are going to be in command,” he explained. “We will be following them, and we hope they can do the job.”

Forum List

Back