I can't breathe!...

Are we still talking about police killing this guy or are you more interested in his body fat content?

Nope..I'm interested in the content of chubbys character. Turns out he was sorely lacking in that department.

Oh then you should start a thread about it then because his character has nothing to do with killing him

So you believe the cops should approach a known felon the same as say an old lady?

When did an old lady enter the equation? Oh right, when you ran out of rebuttals

You cant answer.
And thugs will continue to make bad decisions and get shot. Oh well....

I can answer. An old lady was never in the conversation.

When you are on parole you are to comply with the cops at all times or you can have your parole violated and be sent back to the slammer.

Garner was a career criminal who was on parole therefore any failure to cooperate with the cops was worthy of an arrest.

He's been a criminal his entire life so of course he knew that

Even when you're not on parole blacks need to learn that those so called "rights" are only to be exercised by certain people....namely anyone but blacks. America!
He had every right to shut his trap and comply didn't he?

Comply with harassment..yeah thats always an option. I mentioned rights tho

It's what I and every other law abiding citizen would have done.

Hypothetically

If you're innocent then comply and press charges later. What do you get fucking with the cops or physically resisting?

Just shut the fuck up and comply. Later you are free to file charges against the police.

It's common sense.

Have you ever tried that? I did once, was an effort in futility. Who investigates the PD? Oh, yeah, guys in the same union.

I've never had an issue with the cops even when the cop was being a dick because I know how to act like an adult.

The cop reached for him and he knocked the cop's hand away

So the cop reached for him, without telling him he was under arrest.

That is assault by the police officer.

Think of it this way, if a police officer went up to your wife and during a discussion (that did NOT include telling her that she was under arrest) he grabbed her, she should have the right to remove his hands from her.

Of course, in today's society, she would then be charged with resisting arrest, despite that her resisting came BEFORE she knew she was being arrested.

These are fundamental rights that every citizen, even the criminals, have because when take those rights away from some people, it's easier to take them away from everyone else.
I didn't hear every word the cop said did you? What about before the tape was rolling.

Seems to me you are assuming facts not in evidence.

And my wife is not a criminal on parole.

Sorry but I cannot find any sympathy for this guy at all. Since he has been arrested over 30 times he knew the drill. Besides that he was on parole and he knew that parole brings another level of responsibility on his part.

If he had acted like an adult and not a petulant child he would still be alive today and still selling cigarettes to little kids.

I readily admit I do not know everything about the case, and am only going off of what I have seen on the short video and read in reports.

Whether or not your wife is a criminal or on parole, she and this criminal have rights. These rights are often violated by police officers, and it appears that this time it was caught on video, yet the police got away with it.

What rights were violated?

The police have the right to detain you and to arrest you if necessary. He has the right to remain silent, have an attorney present during questioning. He does not have the right to resist.

The police do NOT have the RIGHT to detain you or arrest you unless they have probable cause or a warrant.

He had a right to not be assaulted by the police. If, like the video appears to show, the police grabbed him without first commanding him to assume an arrestable position and informing him that he was under arrest, then they violated his rights.

I know you dont, and won't, get this...but our police have a special place in our society. They are the governments arm for forceful coercion. They can arrest you, use (deadly) force against you or your loved on. We also give their testimony special credence; if the cop says you were speeding, and you say you were not, the cop will be believed. We NEED to have this special social contract with police because it benefits us all.

However with all of these benefits SHOULD come with extra responsibility. They need to wield this power carefully, and when they exceed it then they need to be held to an even stricter standard.

In this case, it appears that the police went active on a guy who was not given a chance to be arrested without violence. If that is indeed the case, then they should have been held accountable.

he was on parole so the cops had every right to question him.

You are confusing law abiding people with criminals.

yeah because people with no criminal record routinely get locked away for nothing

You're right...the Justice system has been favorable to blacks. Thanks for setting the record straight

Keep trying to compare a career criminal on parole to any law abiding citizen of any color. It just makes your argument even weaker

I'm not you keep changing the subject tho and your sarcasm alludes to blacks having a hunky dorey time with the justice system....Its so silly that you changed the subject again

Sorry but Garner wasn't an innocent.

Once again rights arent only for the innocent and his innocence has nothing to do with anything we are discussing. But keep trying to make excuses tho

If this was some kid with no record on his way to a legit job I might agree with you.

No you wouldnt, you'd find another bullshit reason because being innocent, or being a kid or having a job you deem as "legit" doesnt change the fact that people have rights idiot

But This guy was a piece of shit who made his choices. They came back to bite him in his fat ass and it's no one's fault but his

I know...I know.

I don't make excuses for the poor choices of criminals.

And I don't feel bad when they get dead either.

So go cry in your own beer

Ya know what...? You would think from experience alone the fat bastard would know what to do when confronted by the police.
He knew what to expect when he resisted,and he knew he was in poor health.
If you aint fit enough to run from the cops you sure as hell aint fit enough to fight five of em.
Dude made bad decisions his whole life...and this one ended up killing him.

Are we still talking about police killing this guy or are you more interested in his body fat content?

Nope..I'm interested in the content of chubbys character. Turns out he was sorely lacking in that department.

Oh then you should start a thread about it then because his character has nothing to do with killing him

So you believe the cops should approach a known felon the same as say an old lady?

When did an old lady enter the equation? Oh right, when you ran out of rebuttals
you're the one who says his criminal past doesn't matter.

....Here's a clue....stop resisting arrest. Protesting for the right to resist is really stupid. Not going to happen.

You won't see the PC Police bring up this glaringly obvious fact, and it does make one question their motives.

Both Brown & Garner would be alive today if they had not resisted arrest. It does not mean that the police acted property after they resisted arrest, but the fact remains both would be alive today if they had done what a vast majority of people would have done.

They're clearly far more valuable to the PC Police dead, and that's the most disturbing part of all.

The cop reached for him and he knocked the cop's hand away

Think of it this way, if a police officer went up to your wife and during a discussion (that did NOT include telling her that she was under arrest) he grabbed her, she should have the right to remove his hands from her.

Of course, in today's society, she would then be charged with resisting arrest, despite that her resisting came BEFORE she knew she was being arrested.

These are fundamental rights that every citizen, even the criminals, have because when take those rights away from some people, it's easier to take them away from everyone else.
I didn't hear every word the cop said did you? What about before the tape was rolling.

Sorry but I cannot find any sympathy for this guy at all. Since he has been arrested over 30 times he knew the drill. Besides that he was on parole and he knew that parole brings another level of responsibility on his part.

If he had acted like an adult and not a petulant child he would still be alive today and still selling cigarettes to little kids.

I readily admit I do not know everything about the case, and am only going off of what I have seen on the short video and read in reports.

Whether or not your wife is a criminal or on parole, she and this criminal have rights. These rights are often violated by police officers, and it appears that this time it was caught on video, yet the police got away with it.

The police have the right to detain you and to arrest you if necessary. He has the right to remain silent, have an attorney present during questioning. He does not have the right to resist.

The police do NOT have the RIGHT to detain you or arrest you unless they have probable cause or a warrant.

He had a right to not be assaulted by the police. If, like the video appears to show, the police grabbed him without first commanding him to assume an arrestable position and informing him that he was under arrest, then they violated his rights.

I know you dont, and won't, get this...but our police have a special place in our society. They are the governments arm for forceful coercion. They can arrest you, use (deadly) force against you or your loved on. We also give their testimony special credence; if the cop says you were speeding, and you say you were not, the cop will be believed. We NEED to have this special social contract with police because it benefits us all.

However with all of these benefits SHOULD come with extra responsibility. They need to wield this power carefully, and when they exceed it then they need to be held to an even stricter standard.

In this case, it appears that the police went active on a guy who was not given a chance to be arrested without violence. If that is indeed the case, then they should have been held accountable.

He was breaking the law you moron!! That gives the police the right to detain and/or arrest him.

Do you think he was just standing there minding his own business when the police grabbed him up?

Are you really that stupid?

You cant answer.
And thugs will continue to make bad decisions and get shot. Oh well....

I can answer. An old lady was never in the conversation.

Whatever dumbass... idiots will continue to die at the hands of the police until they stop resisting arrest and I really dont give a rats ass.

A old ladies criminal past doesnt matter either but what does that have to do with this topic?

A old ladies criminal past doesnt matter either but what does that have to do with this topic?

Isn't it your position that everyone be treated the same even if they are a piece of shit criminal on parole?

Therefore you would want everyone treated like a little old lady because you must scale your treatment of all to how you would treat the most fragile

And as I have said before he was on parole. His rights are limited by that fact as a condition of his parole.

You cannot compare Garner to a law abiding person or even a criminal who served his time and was not on parole.

But you'll keep being an apologist for law breakers And I will always hold them responsible for their bad behavior I know nothing will change that so we might as well stop wasting each other's time.

Isn't it your position that everyone be treated the same even if they are a piece of shit criminal on parole?

Sure, why dont you just argue your side and mine :rolleyes:

I just asked what an old lady had to do with it or why you are changing genders OR why you are even going hypothetical in the first place. Because you lost.

Therefore you would want everyone treated like a little old lady because you must scale your treatment of all to how you would treat the most fragile

Again, why little? Why old? Why lady? You're the only person saying this and trying to make it mine. No thanks stupid

And as I have said before he was on parole. His rights are limited by that fact as a condition of his parole.

*broken record*

You cannot compare Garner to a law abiding person or even a criminal who served his time and was not on parole.

That I can do. What I wont do is compare a guy to a little old lady like it makes sense.

But you'll keep being an apologist for law breakers And I will always hold them responsible for their bad behavior I know nothing will change that so we might as well stop wasting each other's time.

I'm talking about the rights of all citizens whether black, white, current or former criminal. You seem to believe that rights should be awarded to just the people you deem worthy of having them.

My bad, I'm sorry to bring up a chance not to be killed by the police for...I think...Cigarettes. You're right

He was breaking the law you moron!! That gives the police the right to detain and/or arrest him.

Do you think he was just standing there minding his own business when the police grabbed him up?

I know its hard, but can you try to grow out of the baseless namecalling.?

You seem to be intransigent in your support for all police actions, regardless of their severity or legality, so there is no use in further discussion with you.

You seem to be intransigent in your support for all police actions, regardless of their severity or legality, so there is no use in further discussion with you.

Well said...Any action deserves any reaction no matter how extreme

You're stupid. If you had to deal with human garbage every day you wouldn't last a day without blowing someone's head off.
PI

You're stupid. If you had to deal with human garbage every day you wouldn't last a day without blowing someone's head off.
PI

More personal insults. Are you capable of adult discussion?

I understand the stressors of policing. I have some personal experience as a federal LEO, and I now practice EM where I often see the "human garbage".

However I know that this "human garbage" are, despite your feelings, still humans. Furthermore, it is not up to the police to summarily designate someone as "human garbage" on the street, or to render street justice to these people. That is up to the courts and our jury system.

PI

More personal insults. Are you capable of adult discussion?

I understand the stressors of policing. I have some personal experience as a federal LEO, and I now practice EM where I often see the "human garbage".

However I know that this "human garbage" are, despite your feelings, still humans. Furthermore, it is not up to the police to summarily designate someone as "human garbage" on the street, or to render street justice to these people. That is up to the courts and our jury system.

Garner had plenty of experience with the justice system.

He was on parole which basically means he was still serving his last sentence just not in jail.

He was still serving out his time and criminals serving time have their rights limited.

He knew that

He knew while on parole he was supposed to comply with any cop.

He didn't

This wasn't some innocent naive kid. He was an experienced adult who chose to be a career criminal.

I know you people don't think this but character matters.

He made his choices and they got him killed

No sympathy from me for this P.O.S.

Sure, why dont you just argue your side and mine :rolleyes:

I just asked what an old lady had to do with it or why you are changing genders OR why you are even going hypothetical in the first place. Because you lost.

Again, why little? Why old? Why lady? You're the only person saying this and trying to make it mine. No thanks stupid

*broken record*

That I can do. What I wont do is compare a guy to a little old lady like it makes sense.

I'm talking about the rights of all citizens whether black, white, current or former criminal. You seem to believe that rights should be awarded to just the people you deem worthy of having them.

My bad, I'm sorry to bring up a chance not to be killed by the police for...I think...Cigarettes. You're right

Rights of citizens huh.

We already know that parolees do not have the same rights as people not on parole don't we?

There is no comparing a criminal on parole with some guy who never broke the law.

What are the odds that 5 cops would take down a person with no record who was doing nothing wrong?

If Garner had followed the rules of parole he'd still be alive.

Everything that happened stemmed from his choices.

He and he alone is at fault here.

Conservatives know how to breathe. We inhale and exhale, kinda simple really. I always wondered how libs are even alive. Maybe they have oxygen tanks with a pump.

Forum List

Back