I can't breathe!...

Garner knew he had health problem. He knew he was asthmatic and had heart disease. Yet, he chose to break the law and resist arrest.

Resist arrest? I guess this is using the logic that if a cop puts a hand on you arrest is implied because it sure wasnt said

Resist arrest? I guess this is using the logic that if a cop puts a hand on you arrest is implied because it sure wasnt said
1ar·rest
verb\ə-ˈrest\
: to use the power of the law to take and keep (someone, such as a criminal)

: to stop the progress or movement of (something)

: to attract and hold the attention of (someone or something)

Easy to say when its someone else. Entirely different thing when it is you, or a loved one, are gang tackled by a bunch of thugs with badges.

Unless you have a wallet

Officers in Bronx Fire 41 Shots And an Unarmed Man Is Killed - New York Times

An unarmed West African immigrant with no criminal record was killed early yesterday by four New York City police officers who fired 41 shots at him in the doorway of his Bronx apartment building, the police said.

It was unclear yesterday why the police officers had opened fire on the man at 12:44 A.M. in the vestibule of his building at 1157 Wheeler Avenue in the Soundview section. The man, Amadou Diallo, 22, who came to America more than two years ago from Guinea and worked as a street peddler in Manhattan, died at the scene, the police said.

Easy to say when its someone else. Entirely different thing when it is you, or a loved one, are gang tackled by a bunch of thugs with badges.

I wouldn't need to be gang tackled. That's the point. Cooperate and you won't get gang tackled.

Whether you "need to be" or not is not the discussion. Whether its right or not should be and when its one 400 pound dude and 5 cops he didnt "need to be" gang tackled either.

Well since its him and not you, I'm sure you feel differently

Usually you don't find out someone is unarmed until after you arrest them.

I wouldn't need to be gang tackled. That's the point. Cooperate and you won't get gang tackled.

Whether you "need to be" or not is not the discussion. Whether its right or not should be and when its one 400 pound dude and 5 cops he didnt "need to be" gang tackled either.

That's idiotic, but par for the course from you.

That's idiotic, but par for the course from you.

Man, your rebuttals are on point today son :rolleyes:

If you can't breathe then you can't say "I can't breathe" 11 times.

Seriously try it. Have someone forcibly stop you from breathing and try to say "I can't breathe" 11 times

Unless you have a wallet

An unarmed West African immigrant with no criminal record was killed early yesterday by four New York City police officers who fired 41 shots at him in the doorway of his Bronx apartment building, the police said.

It was unclear yesterday why the police officers had opened fire on the man at 12:44 A.M. in the vestibule of his building at 1157 Wheeler Avenue in the Soundview section. The man, Amadou Diallo, 22, who came to America more than two years ago from Guinea and worked as a street peddler in Manhattan, died at the scene, the police said.

"Worked" as a peddler? We must have different definitions of "Work"...

Don't break the law and your chances are slim to none that you will be gang tackled by a bunch of thugs with badges.

Slim, but not close enough to zero as it should be. He should have been verbally told of his arrest, and then talked into an arrest position. If he failed to follow those commands THEN the police should have gone active and forcefully arrested him.

Instead they just jumped him.

Unless you have a wallet

That's a tragedy. Why is it only the ones where criminal behavior on the part of the deceased is at the root of the situation are made nationwide protests?

When a cop tells you to turn around and put your arms behind your back you are to obey. Then he will tell you that you're under arrest and read you your rights. What is the argument about these simple proceedings that all you and the other shit house lawyers don't understand?

I didn't see anywhere that he failed to follow commands. They didn't verbally tell him he was being placed under arrest, they didn't command him to turn around and place his hands behind his back.

Instead they simply jumped him, and he initially resisted out of surprise when he was assaulted.

When a cop tells you to turn around and put your arms behind your back you are to obey. Then he will tell you that you're under arrest and read you your rights. What is the argument about these simple proceedings that all you and the other shit house lawyers don't understand?

I Dont believe the police did any of those things in this case, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Can you try to stay above the childish name-calling please?

Forum List

Back