Zone1 And Jesus said "Depart from me, all you..." What? Evil believers? No, "Evildoers"

having left paradise of their own volition was not a certainty for their return rather granted by the heavens as their goal by their own self determination ... has nothing to do with those that would be candidates for punishment, no sentence would exceed their crimes and would last only that long to satisfy their victims.

jesus taught the heavenly religion of antiquity, the golden rule - nothing about hell ...

not found in the basic context of any desert religion - that's you 7.
I never or rarely understand your posts.

Clarity does not appear to be your forte

No one is denying that we are commanded to obey God's commands, the sticking point is what actually justifies a person before God, and Scripture is clear that it's faith and not works. That is pounded in over and over again.
I stopped here, at the first error

I guess you've never read the 2nd chapter of James?

It CLEARLY says (and common sense would confirm) that we are not saved by faith alone. The Catholic Church says we are saved by GRACE, which comes to us through Jesus Christ and His Church... not faith alone.

"Even the demons believe and tremble"--James 2 - something

When one Christian religion says THEY are the only way to Jesus, that's a MASSIVE RED flag. That's authoritarian and only hurts the nation. And it hurts christianity.
right... How illogical

So one "church" teaches that abortion is always murder, a sin you can go to Hell for if you don't repent

another teaches it is only a sin after the child is 6 months along in the womb

and

guess what, folks?

BOTH are correct!

dumb!

If you don't belong to the right church or you don't believe as they do, then you're going to hell.
I never said that so stop twisting things

What I say and no one gets or they pretend they don't get is

If you don't belong to the Church CHRIST established, you are in grave jeopardy of going to Hell

Argue with the Truth

I don't think that will end well..

I stopped here, at the first error

I guess you've never read the 2nd chapter of James?

It CLEARLY says (and common sense would confirm) that we are not saved by faith alone. The Catholic Church says we are saved by GRACE, which comes to us through Jesus Christ and His Church... not faith alone.

"Even the demons believe and tremble"--James 2 - something
Okay, let's look at James 2:

8 If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,”[a] you are doing right. 9 But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. 10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. 11 For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,”[b] also said, “You shall not murder.”[c] If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.

Nobody's going to meet that standard. There has to be something else involved. Then, from the same chapter:

20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[d]? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,”[e] and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

From Ephesians 2:

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Which is exactly what I said. We ARE saved by faith and prove that salvation by the acts we do. Works most emphatically do NOT save us, because God doesn't want any of us to boast about the good deeds we've done. Salvation is a GIFT that simply cannot be earned.

I never said that so stop twisting things

What I say and no one gets or they pretend they don't get is

If you don't belong to the Church CHRIST established, you are in grave jeopardy of going to Hell

Argue with the Truth

I don't think that will end well..
The church that Christ established extends far beyond any arbitrary man-made denominational boundaries. IOW, you can't say the Catholic church is the ONLY church founded by Christ, because it's not.

Okay, let's look at James 2:

8 If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,”[a] you are doing right. 9 But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. 10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. 11 For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,”[b] also said, “You shall not murder.”[c] If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.

Nobody's going to meet that standard. There has to be something else involved. Then, from the same chapter:

20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[d]? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,”[e] and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

From Ephesians 2:

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Which is exactly what I said. We ARE saved by faith and prove that salvation by the acts we do. Works most emphatically do NOT save us, because God doesn't want any of us to boast about the good deeds we've done. Salvation is a GIFT that simply cannot be earned.
you are either deliberately trying to pull one over on people

or got the wrong scripture

in the psg I referred to it says that Faith without works is dead

so you can Search THAT one.

The church that Christ established extends far beyond any arbitrary man-made denominational boundaries. IOW, you can't say the Catholic church is the ONLY church founded by Christ, because it's not.
I can and will say it because it IS

+

you are either deliberately trying to pull one over on people

or got the wrong scripture

in the psg I referred to it says that Faith without works is dead

so you can Search THAT one.
Have you not been reading what I've been saying? Faith saves us, that's clear. It's also clear that actions complete faith. The thief on the cross had no works to offer, but Jesus took him to Paradise.

Have you not been reading what I've been saying? Faith saves us, that's clear. It's also clear that actions complete faith. The thief on the cross had no works to offer, but Jesus took him to Paradise.
He did the work of looking at his life and realizing that Jesus is his only hope and that he would choose to accept and believe in Jesus. That is sometimes work, as it usually goes against our nature.. however, that guy had nothing to lose and realized he had everything to gain.

And I am fed up with non Catholics taking scripture out of the context known as the entire Bible!

They quote some psgs over and over and over

and totally neglect the ones that speak of how few make it to Heaven and how some people go to hell, like those who don't give a damn about their fellow man.. mt 25:31... Lk 16:19

They act like those psgs don't exist.

He did the work of looking at his life and realizing that Jesus is his only hope and that he would choose to accept and believe in Jesus. That is sometimes work, as it usually goes against our nature.. however, that guy had nothing to lose and realized he had everything to gain.

And I am fed up with non Catholics taking scripture out of the context known as the entire Bible!

They quote some psgs over and over and over

and totally neglect the ones that speak of how few make it to Heaven and how some people go to hell, like those who don't give a damn about their fellow man.. mt 25:31... Lk 16:19

They act like those psgs don't exist.
You have to completely ignore what I'm saying to continue that protest. The Bible is clear, we are saved through faith, it is a gift that we cannot earn. We are then required to obey Christ's commands, because we have faith, the obedience is the proof of our faith. Why are you kicking against the pricks?

Argue that with the Orthodox.
I'm sick of arguing w/ anyone.

Believe what you want. In the Word it says something to the effect that if u teach someone about God and they listen, you have done your part. If they refuse to listen, you have still done your part.. It is only in neglecting to tell people the truth that you will be held accountable

You have to completely ignore what I'm saying to continue that protest. The Bible is clear, we are saved through faith, it is a gift that we cannot earn.
You are once again going by selective scripture reading

I'm done

I'm sick of arguing w/ anyone.

Believe what you want. In the Word it says something to the effect that if u teach someone about God and they listen, you have done your part. If they refuse to listen, you have still done your part.. It is only in neglecting to tell people the truth that you will be held accountable
And when you teach from the Word, people will listen. When you teach from your tradition, it lacks the authority of the Word of God. You claim Jesus founded the Catholic Church, the Orthodox claim He founded their Church. Sounds to me like y'all better stop arguing about that and get down to the business of preaching the Word.

No, I am very clearly reading all of the Scripture and tying it together. If you actually read what I write instead of having your normal kneejerk reaction, you would see that.
well, if you dn't have any respect for me, why bother me w/ your arguments?

you think everything in the world is exactly as you see it (kneejerk... please) You don't even know me

You are arguing w/ Jesus himself, who said that most people go to Hell (in so many words). Jesus warned of this

But I am not supposed to warn others ?

OK, we see how much YOU care about people going to Hell
I am so sorry that your beliefs have made you such an angry, judgmental person. And I really hope you are able to see Christ's love and his promise of hope and eternal life as what his message was far more than any warnings of judgment. And also understand that when your 'warning others' causes them to reject His love, you have done them no favors.

You have to completely ignore what I'm saying to continue that protest. The Bible is clear, we are saved through faith, it is a gift that we cannot earn. We are then required to obey Christ's commands, because we have faith, the obedience is the proof of our faith. Why are you kicking against the pricks?

He/she? completely ignored my post too. He is making it abundantly clear that he believes in a works-based salvation which shows a total lack of understanding of the Gospel.

Christianity is unique among all religions in at least one regard - it is the only major religion that is NOT works-based.

I should share a video I made on this topic of salvation, showing 10 reasons why salvation is not works based.

I highly doubt fork/miseryindex will watch it, but I might share it anyway.

Forum List

Back