I can't breathe!...

You should sum it up by saying every action by cops are justified actions. Its much easier
Why would I say that?

It's not true.

Why don't you sum up by saying cops violate everyone's civil rights all the time

So when you say

What are the odds that 5 cops would take down a person with no record who was doing nothing wrong?

You're not saying they are justified or they arent?

I asked you a question that had nothing to do with justification.

It's a simple question with no hidden meanings.

Why are you assuming that because the cops took down a career criminal who was on parole and not complying that they would do that to everyone?

I have no fear of cops violating my rights in any way because A) I am not a criminal and B) I know how to act like an adult so as to protect my safety and my rights.

I'd think a career criminal would know these things better than anyone

You should sum it up by saying every action by cops are justified actions. Its much easier
Why would I say that?

It's not true.

Why don't you sum up by saying cops violate everyone's civil rights all the time

So when you say

What are the odds that 5 cops would take down a person with no record who was doing nothing wrong?

Oh..ok, you mean like How many dicks have you played with in an average weekend?

No hidden meanings or anything I'm just "asking a question"

Of course the police had a right to take Garner down. He was on probation. They could have taken him because they don't like the color of his shirt. He was under the jurisdiction of the penal system.

Easy to say when its someone else. Entirely different thing when it is you, or a loved one, are gang tackled by a bunch of thugs with badges.
I would be fucking pissed if one of my family members pulled that resisting arrest shit. I would be fucking pissed if they even got themselves into a position where they needed to be arrested. Listen to the cops orders, then we can move on and enjoy the rest of our day. Ea

Easy to say when its someone else. Entirely different thing when it is you, or a loved one, are gang tackled by a bunch of thugs with badges.
I would be fucking pissed if one of my family members pulled that resisting arrest shit. I would be fucking pissed if they even got themselves into a position where they needed to be arrested. Listen to the cops orders, then we can move on and enjoy the rest of our day. Ea

once again he was not under arrest unless he communicated his arrest via sign language or telepathy

I didn't hear every word the cop said did you? What about before the tape was rolling.

Seems to me you are assuming facts not in evidence.

And my wife is not a criminal on parole.

Sorry but I cannot find any sympathy for this guy at all. Since he has been arrested over 30 times he knew the drill. Besides that he was on parole and he knew that parole brings another level of responsibility on his part.

If he had acted like an adult and not a petulant child he would still be alive today and still selling cigarettes to little kids.

I readily admit I do not know everything about the case, and am only going off of what I have seen on the short video and read in reports.

Whether or not your wife is a criminal or on parole, she and this criminal have rights. These rights are often violated by police officers, and it appears that this time it was caught on video, yet the police got away with it.

What rights were violated?

The police have the right to detain you and to arrest you if necessary. He has the right to remain silent, have an attorney present during questioning. He does not have the right to resist.

The police do NOT have the RIGHT to detain you or arrest you unless they have probable cause or a warrant.

He had a right to not be assaulted by the police. If, like the video appears to show, the police grabbed him without first commanding him to assume an arrestable position and informing him that he was under arrest, then they violated his rights.

I know you dont, and won't, get this...but our police have a special place in our society. They are the governments arm for forceful coercion. They can arrest you, use (deadly) force against you or your loved on. We also give their testimony special credence; if the cop says you were speeding, and you say you were not, the cop will be believed. We NEED to have this special social contract with police because it benefits us all.

However with all of these benefits SHOULD come with extra responsibility. They need to wield this power carefully, and when they exceed it then they need to be held to an even stricter standard.

In this case, it appears that the police went active on a guy who was not given a chance to be arrested without violence. If that is indeed the case, then they should have been held accountable.

He was breaking the law you moron!! That gives the police the right to detain and/or arrest him.

Do you think he was just standing there minding his own business when the police grabbed him up?

Are you really that stupid?

I know its hard, but can you try to grow out of the baseless namecalling.?

You seem to be intransigent in your support for all police actions, regardless of their severity or legality, so there is no use in further discussion with you.

Tissue?

I'll call out police misconduct when I see it. The fact that a grand jury, after reviewing all the evidence, concluded that the police officer didn't commit a crime is enough for most rational minded individuals.

Don't like being called a moron? Stop being a moron!

once again he was not under arrest unless he communicated his arrest via sign language or telepathy

You didn't see what occurred until the video started. 50 eyewitnesses testified in front of the grand jury, four films were shown and you saw one clip that started after the man was told he was being placed under arrest and you know more than the grand jury?

— The grand jury sat for nine weeks.
— They heard from 50 witnesses — 22 civilians and the rest were police officers, emergency medical personnel and doctors.
— Sixty exhibits were admitted into evidence, including four videos and records about the policies and procedures of the New York Police Department.
— They saw medical records, photographs and autopsy records.
— They saw records on NYPD training.
— Finally, they were briefed on law that governs a police officer's use of physical force when making an arrest.

Grand Jury In Garner Case Heard From 50 Witnesses Saw 4 Videos The Two-Way NPR

[atswain2PA, post: 10314488, member: 43692"]Easy to say when its someone else. Entirely different thing when it is you, or a loved one, are gang tackled by a bunch of thugs with badges.

once again he was not under arrest unless he communicated his arrest via sign language or telepathy[/QUOTE]
There is an edit in the clip. Whoever made the video, they cut out part of it , which is why there is confusion about it.

[atswain2PA, post: 10314488, member: 43692"]Easy to say when its someone else. Entirely different thing when it is you, or a loved one, are gang tackled by a bunch of thugs with badges.

There is an edit in the clip. Whoever made the video, they cut out part of it , which is why there is confusion about it.[/QUOTE]

Who in the world were you quoting who is so stupid as to believe that Garner wasn't told that he was under arrest. Of course he was told that, that's why he started bellowing around like an enraged hippo. He didnt' want to go to jail.

Why would I say that?

It's not true.

So when you say

Oh..ok, you mean like How many dicks have you played with in an average weekend?

No hidden meanings or anything I'm just "asking a question"

Attributing ulterior motives to others is projection

There is an edit in the clip. Whoever made the video, they cut out part of it , which is why there is confusion about it.

Who in the world were you quoting who is so stupid as to believe that Garner wasn't told that he was under arrest. Of course he was told that, that's why he started bellowing around like an enraged hippo. He didnt' want to go to jail.[/QUOTE]

Except it just wasnt on the video

Who in the world were you quoting who is so stupid as to believe that Garner wasn't told that he was under arrest. Of course he was told that, that's why he started bellowing around like an enraged hippo. He didnt' want to go to jail.

Yes and nothing happens unless it's caught on video right?

So....like I said no where on the video was he under arrest. So if you didnt see it, why are you claiming it happened?

Dont answer...we know the reason

So....like I said no where on the video was he under arrest. So if you didnt see it, why are you claiming it happened?

Yeah it couldn't have happened before the guy hit record right?

And I didn't claim it happened did I?

But why do you claim it didn't? Just because it wasn't on the video?

Videos can be edited you know. The videographer might not have caught every second of the exchange you know.

You really aren't objective at all

Dude I said he wasnt under arrest on the video and no cops indicated he was. You are agreeing with me and still upset about what "could've happened".

Dude I said he wasnt under arrest on the video and no cops indicated he was. You are agreeing with me and still upset about what "could've happened".
And it means nothing that you didn't see it on the video or don't you understand that?

The video was edited. Weve alkready gone over this. What evidence do YOU have that they didn't tell him he was under arrest?

Forum List

Back