I buried my Son

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
My youngest son was riding his bicycle in the evening after work and was struck and killed by a car. He was in his early twenties. The driver was a young girl. No charges were filed against her. The police said she wasn't drunk or speeding, it was just a tragic accident. I had to fly to another state for the funeral. I am still in a state of shock. Children should bury their parents, not the other way around.

Last edited:
My youngest son was riding his bicycle in the evening after work and was struck and killed by a car. He was in his early twenties. The driver was a young girl. No charges were filed against her. She wasn't drunk or speeding, it was just a tragic accident. I had to fly to another state for the funeral. Children should bury their parents, not the other way around.

Sorry.....it is a horrible thing.....may you find some peace and comfort.....

My youngest son was riding his bicycle in the evening after work and was struck and killed by a car. He was in his early twenties. The driver was a young girl. No charges were filed against her. She wasn't drunk or speeding, it was just a tragic accident. I had to fly to another state for the funeral. Children should bury their parents, not the other way around.
Tears are flowing from me for your loss..

Our prayers go out to you.

Children should bury their parents, not the other way around.
my condolences, I am so sorry :(

27d0e5334955b83dc70607edae5dc670.jpg

Last edited:
No words can express or be in any way adequate for this.

I am sorry Sunni Man.

High Flight

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of earth,
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sun ward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds, --and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of --Wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air...
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue
I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where never lark or even eagle flew --
And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
The high un trespassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

-John Magee

May peace be with you Sunni in your time of trouble

Condolences. I lost my first dog not long ago and it was almost unbearable. I can't even imagine that kind of loss.

Not to derail the thread but the no charges thing pisses me off. Driver's are to act responsibly, even though she likely didn't mean it, she was negligent at the least. Vehicles can be lethal weapons. My guess is she was dicking around with her phone, I see it all the time, especially the gals. They can't stop texting.

Sunni, you and your family have my deepest and sincerest condolences.

I'm so sorry, Sunni.

Please accept my most heart felt sympathy.

Forum List

Back