I buried my Son

My youngest son was riding his bicycle in the evening after work and was struck and killed by a car. He was in his early twenties. The driver was a young girl. No charges were filed against her. The police said she wasn't drunk or speeding, it was just a tragic accident. I had to fly to another state for the funeral. I am still in a state of shock. Children should bury their parents, not the other way around.

I am so very sorry for your loss, Sunni.

God bless you, and your family.

May you find peace.

My youngest son was riding his bicycle in the evening after work and was struck and killed by a car. He was in his early twenties. The driver was a young girl. No charges were filed against her. The police said she wasn't drunk or speeding, it was just a tragic accident. I had to fly to another state for the funeral. I am still in a state of shock. Children should bury their parents, not the other way around.

Oh no, really sorry for this. This is the worst, hope you will be ok

My sincere condolences Sunni. You are right parents should not have to bury their children.

Sunni, when my friend was killed in a road traffic accident, I took some comfort from the following poem. I realise it's probably too early, but maybe later it will provide some comfort for you too:

Do Not Stand At My Grave and Weep

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there.
I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn’s rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there.
I did not die.

Mary Frye

Very sorry to hear of your loss Sunni. May he rest in peace.

Sunni, I am very sorry for your loss, I lost my daughter 14 years ago, she died in an auto accident. That day haunts me and changed my life like no other event in my life. I has been said when you bury your parents, your bury your past, when you bury your child, you bury your future.

If you ever want to talk, please feel free to PM me. Again, I can't imagine your loss, I am very sorry.

No charges? Here in Va. my wife was dealing with her dying mother and fell asleep at the wheel and ran off the road. Nobody else was involved and my wife was uninjured but she was charged with reckless driving which is a misdemeanor by the State Police wich is apparently routine. The charge was later reduced in court.

Sunni, this is one of the rare moments that adequate words escape me, it's distressing to know that you're having to deal with such a heart-breaking and shocking situation.

Your son is very special, he was gifted to you, but he was so special that Our Lord needed him with Him in His Beautiful Kingdom and one day you'll be reunited.

You know I'll pray for you and your son.

Condolences. I lost my first dog not long ago and it was almost unbearable. I can't even imagine that kind of loss.

Not to derail the thread but the no charges thing pisses me off. Driver's are to act responsibly, even though she likely didn't mean it, she was negligent at the least. Vehicles can be lethal weapons. My guess is she was dicking around with her phone, I see it all the time, especially the gals. They can't stop texting.
Amen to this. If the girl has not tried to reach out to the family in any way, well that right there just tells you everything that is needed to be known about the girl. She doesn't care what it is that she has done whether what she did was an accident or not.

God bless you and Sunni Man always!!!

Holly

Bend like the willow before the wind, knowing your roots are strong. We all walk with you, Sunni.

Forum List

Back