I wanted to make Canada my home. Then I realized my degree was worthless here

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
The Security Industrial Complex from the RCMP on down to he lowly TPS and OPP have to protect the inefficient, bloated kakistocracy. Many of which they and their family are member of. This is the result. It is about central control of who is "worthy" of employment. She left one caste system for another and entered an even larger police state.

America has a major problem trying to keep foreign citizens out. Canada has a problem keeping immigrants in, especially if they are talented and ambitious.

grew up in the Indian state of Punjab. It felt like almost every street in my state had billboards promoting a better life and lots of job opportunities with higher salaries in Canada. I knew many families whose younger members were enrolled in courses for English-language proficiency tests making efforts to move to Canada. The pride in the eyes of those parents as they shared the news of their son or daughter settling in Canada left a strong impression on me. It made me think Canada had amazing opportunities and could one day also become my home.

I graduated with a bachelor of architecture and a master of urban planning from India. My work as an architect took me to New Delhi and subsequently to Dubai, where I worked for multinational firms. In Dubai, I earned a salary I likely would have never earned in India, while also having a good work-life balance. But as an expat living in Dubai, there isn't a straightforward path toward citizenship. So to advance my career goals and in pursuit of a place to call my permanent home, I applied for the Canadian express entry program in 2017. I got married to an architect during the process of application and received my permanent residency visa in early 2020. My husband and I were excited to finally make the move we had heard and read so much about.

I commend you for having the gumption to take the right step. I hope it works out for the best.

The Security Industrial Complex from the RCMP on down to he lowly TPS and OPP have to protect the inefficient, bloated kakistocracy. Many of which they and their family are member of. This is the result. It is about central control of who is "worthy" of employment. She left one caste system for another and entered an even larger police state.

America has a major problem trying to keep foreign citizens out. Canada has a problem keeping immigrants in, especially if they are talented and ambitious.

grew up in the Indian state of Punjab. It felt like almost every street in my state had billboards promoting a better life and lots of job opportunities with higher salaries in Canada. I knew many families whose younger members were enrolled in courses for English-language proficiency tests making efforts to move to Canada. The pride in the eyes of those parents as they shared the news of their son or daughter settling in Canada left a strong impression on me. It made me think Canada had amazing opportunities and could one day also become my home.

I graduated with a bachelor of architecture and a master of urban planning from India. My work as an architect took me to New Delhi and subsequently to Dubai, where I worked for multinational firms. In Dubai, I earned a salary I likely would have never earned in India, while also having a good work-life balance. But as an expat living in Dubai, there isn't a straightforward path toward citizenship. So to advance my career goals and in pursuit of a place to call my permanent home, I applied for the Canadian express entry program in 2017. I got married to an architect during the process of application and received my permanent residency visa in early 2020. My husband and I were excited to finally make the move we had heard and read so much about.
I thought you were male.

Forum List

Back