I buried my Son

My Dear friend,

I don't even have words that can express how deeply sorry I am for your loss, for your wife's loss, your entire family. What happened to your family is every parent's worst nightmare and makes no sense. No one will ever be able to understand the depth of loss and grief you and your wife are suffering. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

My deepest condolences,
Kat

“Give glad tidings to those who patiently endure, who say when afflicted with a calamity: “To Allah we belong and to Him we return.” They are those on whom (descend) blessings and mercy from their Lord, and they are the ones who receive guidance.” [Surah Al-Baqarah: 155-157]

Last edited:
My youngest son was riding his bicycle in the evening after work and was struck and killed by a car. He was in his early twenties. The driver was a young girl. No charges were filed against her. She wasn't drunk or speeding, it was just a tragic accident. I had to fly to another state for the funeral. Children should bury their parents, not the other way around.

Agree and my most sincere condolences. I lost a brother to cancer at age 45. His sickness and death took a terrible toll our Mom and Dad (as well as my sister and I).

Sunni Man

So very sorry for your loss. That is horrible news, I can't even imagine one of my kids dying before me. I say to myself all the time, please don't outlive any of the kids.
Take care.

slider-1195x400.png

He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds. - Psalm 147:3

My family is keeping you and yours in our prayers. I pray God holds all of you close and comforts you in your time of sorrow.

My youngest son was riding his bicycle in the evening after work and was struck and killed by a car. He was in his early twenties. The driver was a young girl. No charges were filed against her. The police said she wasn't drunk or speeding, it was just a tragic accident. I had to fly to another state for the funeral. I am still in a state of shock. Children should bury their parents, not the other way around.
Sorry to hear, Sunni.

My youngest son was riding his bicycle in the evening after work and was struck and killed by a car. He was in his early twenties. The driver was a young girl. No charges were filed against her. The police said she wasn't drunk or speeding, it was just a tragic accident. I had to fly to another state for the funeral. I am still in a state of shock. Children should bury their parents, not the other way around.
Sorry for your loss. No one should bury their children.

The human condition is defined by tragedy. Our spirits are forged in the fires of love and loss.

I hope this tragedy strengthens your soul.

Oh god Sunni....I'm so so sorry, I can't begin to imagine what you and your family are going through - ((((HUGS))))) and love your way. No parent should go through this :(

Very sorry, Sunni Man

My condolences to you and your Family

Gone From My Sight
I am standing upon the seashore. A ship, at my side,
spreads her white sails to the moving breeze and starts
for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength.
I stand and watch her until, at length, she hangs like a speck
of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then, someone at my side says, "There, she is gone."

Gone where?

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast,
hull and spar as she was when she left my side.
And, she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me -- not in her.

And, just at the moment when someone says, "There, she is gone,"
there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices
ready to take up the glad shout, "Here she comes!"

And that is dying

by Henry Van Dyke

I'll definitely keep you and your family in my prayers. No parent should ever have to bury their child. I pray your family gains the strength to get through this tough time.

Forum List

Back