I buried my Son

i think he is as good as one can be under the circumstances...he is just focusing on what he needs to focus on.....family comes first with sunni

hi, sunni is taking time to be with his family....his kids are all torn up over this and he is taking time to be with them.....i heard from him recently....he is doing as well i guess as can be expected ....i just hope he will come back when he is ready and able...

thanks for the update

I just saw this. I am so sorry for your loss. May the peace of God see you through this.

hi, sunni is taking time to be with his family....his kids are all torn up over this and he is taking time to be with them.....i heard from him recently....he is doing as well i guess as can be expected ....i just hope he will come back when he is ready and able...

Thanks for the update 'bones.

My sister lost a nephew from her husbands side of the family. He actually was killed the day this thread was made in a plane crash. It was all over the news, even in the news from overseas because it was caught on camera. I've only ever attended funerals of old people and thus most people at the funeral are old. To attend a funeral that looks more like a college frat party is rough. I've never seen a pallbearer not be able to their job, but just stand there and sob. He was 25 and one of his buddies was showing off and tried a manuever too low and crashed straight into the Trinity River. At least your son probably had an open casket, this one was closed casket. To see young men fist bumping a casket as they walked by is not something I will ever be able to forget.

Most people on this thread are older and wiser than college kids, but maybe we can take a moment and tell our family members that age that they can die doing what they love and while their suffering doesn't last long, the suffering they cause their families lasts a lifetime.

If anyone would like ideas on how to talk to your kids about this stuff, I will be more than happy to help. To watch a plane smash into the water and know that someone you knew was on that plane......you can't describe it. The saddest part was we had seen him a month earlier, as he was the pallbearer in his grandpas funeral. He sat 5 feet from me in the pew. 3 weeks later its his turn to get buried.

His father buried his dad on August 3rd and lost his son on Sept 3rd. His poor mom and dad, OMG to see those people, they were like zombies at the funeral, sobbing zombies. They were there, but they were not there.

Be careful people, you can kill yourself. Rest in peace Zach Esters.

My sister lost a nephew from her husbands side of the family. He actually was killed the day this thread was made in a plane crash. It was all over the news, even in the news from overseas because it was caught on camera. I've only ever attended funerals of old people and thus most people at the funeral are old. To attend a funeral that looks more like a college frat party is rough. I've never seen a pallbearer not be able to their job, but just stand there and sob. He was 25 and one of his buddies was showing off and tried a manuever too low and crashed straight into the Trinity River. At least your son probably had an open casket, this one was closed casket. To see young men fist bumping a casket as they walked by is not something I will ever be able to forget.

Most people on this thread are older and wiser than college kids, but maybe we can take a moment and tell our family members that age that they can die doing what they love and while their suffering doesn't last long, the suffering they cause their families lasts a lifetime.

If anyone would like ideas on how to talk to your kids about this stuff, I will be more than happy to help. To watch a plane smash into the water and know that someone you knew was on that plane......you can't describe it. The saddest part was we had seen him a month earlier, as he was the pallbearer in his grandpas funeral. He sat 5 feet from me in the pew. 3 weeks later its his turn to get buried.

His father buried his dad on August 3rd and lost his son on Sept 3rd. His poor mom and dad, OMG to see those people, they were like zombies at the funeral, sobbing zombies. They were there, but they were not there.

Be careful people, you can kill yourself. Rest in peace Zach Esters.
Wow. I just googled it...that was painful to watch. I had to bury my cousin who was 5 months younger than me thanks to an idiot hitting him on his motorcycle.

i think he is as good as one can be under the circumstances...he is just focusing on what he needs to focus on.....family comes first with sunni

Thank you for the info. Bones.
I took time off from here for a few months after my Mom died this April (middle of April till middle of Sept. )
It hit me hard because she died in her sleep and was not sick. A shock death is very emotional for loved ones.
I lived in the world of books for many months but I eventually came back to the board. :)
I think that Sunni will too when he can.
Lets hope so because I would really miss him if he does't.

It was the saddest thing, because he had built a custom boat. Now don't think a gorgeous ocean going vessel, it was a old pontoon boat he'd scrounged up somewhere, stuck the helm of a center console offshore boat in the middle of, stuck of a 50hp Etec on the back and he would take his friends out into the basin to fish and eat and have a good time. They brought his boat to the funeral home. It was 100% a Zach boat, you could just tell. His friends wanted to ride on the boat on the trailer to the church and his mom put a stop to that saying we're burying enough young people today. But in all my life, I've never followed a boat in a funeral procession. But down here in south Louisiana, boats are a lifestyle. Most people have one. But Zach's was special because he built it himself. It did have a beautiful wooden console that he made himself. And now he's gone forever.

The saddest thing in the world man. I have never cried when an old person died because they lived their life, but at 25.....yea. There literally wasn't a dry eye in the entire church, a HUGE church packed with people. At least 800 attended the church service. By far bigger than anything I'd ever seen in my life.

It was the saddest thing, because he had built a custom boat. Now don't think a gorgeous ocean going vessel, it was a old pontoon boat he'd scrounged up somewhere, stuck the helm of a center console offshore boat in the middle of, stuck of a 50hp Etec on the back and he would take his friends out into the basin to fish and eat and have a good time. They brought his boat to the funeral home. It was 100% a Zach boat, you could just tell. His friends wanted to ride on the boat on the trailer to the church and his mom put a stop to that saying we're burying enough young people today. But in all my life, I've never followed a boat in a funeral procession. But down here in south Louisiana, boats are a lifestyle. Most people have one. But Zach's was special because he built it himself. It did have a beautiful wooden console that he made himself. And now he's gone forever.

The saddest thing in the world man. I have never cried when an old person died because they lived their life, but at 25.....yea. There literally wasn't a dry eye in the entire church, a HUGE church packed with people. At least 800 attended the church service. By far bigger than anything I'd ever seen in my life.
Yep I know how you feel. My cousin was 28. I remember standing there when his casket was brought out and hearing his daughters just let loose....crushed me to nothing. They are my 2nd cousins but the 3 years since then I have tried to be in their lives as much as possible as a father figure.

My youngest son was riding his bicycle in the evening after work and was struck and killed by a car. He was in his early twenties. The driver was a young girl. No charges were filed against her. The police said she wasn't drunk or speeding, it was just a tragic accident. I had to fly to another state for the funeral. I am still in a state of shock. Children should bury their parents, not the other way around.

So good to see you again.
Hoping for better times for you and your family.

My youngest son was riding his bicycle in the evening after work and was struck and killed by a car. He was in his early twenties. The driver was a young girl. No charges were filed against her. The police said she wasn't drunk or speeding, it was just a tragic accident. I had to fly to another state for the funeral. I am still in a state of shock. Children should bury their parents, not the other way around.

Very sorry, Sunni Man. I cannot imagine losing a child much less to an accident like this. No one should carry this grief, I imagine the girl who hit him is also in horrible shape. The police say she wasn't drunk or speeding but was she texting?

I'm so so sorry to hear of your loss. I lost a son myself many years ago and I know how painful and heart breaking it is. Although his life was short, the pain non the less lasts a life time. What lessons the pain is a strong belief in God, in knowing that someday I'll see my son again and knowing that as with your child and mine, their both safe in the arms of the almighty...May God always be with you and your family in this time of grief and beyond....please stay spiritually strong, there's no other way to get over this, believe me.

So good to see you again.
Hoping for better times for you and your family.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- hey Sunni , Condolences that i already sent months ago but good to see you back on the board Sunni !!

Forum List

Back