HUGE! Trump White House Implements Executive Order on Online Censorship: Prevents Tech Giants from Altering Users’ Free Speech

I
Trump went even further than I expected. The SJWs will be livid.

HUGE! Trump White House Implements Executive Order on Online Censorship: Prevents Tech Giants from Altering Users’ Free Speech – Demands Transparency of Moderation Practices
This Is Big!
On Wednesday Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, Amazon’s Jeff Bezos, Google’s Sundar Pichai and Apple’s Tim Cook testified before Congress in the House Judiciary subcommittee on antitrust.
Since 2016 and the election of Donald Trump the tech giants have been censoring and banning conservative voices online. The Gateway Pundit has been a huge target of these liberal tech giants.
Of course, the CEOs dismissed allegations that they are targeting and censoring conservative users despite ALL of the evidence to the contrary.
Ya illegal and unconstitutional.

It will.go no-where. Particularly not in the few months he has left.
What is “illegal” or “unconstitutional” about the President petitioning the FCC to clarify existing law?

I

HUGE! Trump White House Implements Executive Order on Online Censorship: Prevents Tech Giants from Altering Users’ Free Speech – Demands Transparency of Moderation Practices
This Is Big!
On Wednesday Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, Amazon’s Jeff Bezos, Google’s Sundar Pichai and Apple’s Tim Cook testified before Congress in the House Judiciary subcommittee on antitrust.
Since 2016 and the election of Donald Trump the tech giants have been censoring and banning conservative voices online. The Gateway Pundit has been a huge target of these liberal tech giants.
Of course, the CEOs dismissed allegations that they are targeting and censoring conservative users despite ALL of the evidence to the contrary.

They haven’t figured out that Trump is not, in fact, an emperor.

This Is Big!
Amen!!! Treat them like the were a Christian owned bakery!!

I

This Is Big!

Or you haven’t figured out the President does have authority over the executive branch of government, which includes the FCC.

Negative... This is the first step to allow the people to sue current "platforms". First, you need to know WHY you were banned, and by what procedures were used.

Can people sue yet? No... But once this information is known, it can be shown that it was not implemented the same for everybody.

Edit: Publisher vs Platform argument again essentially. If they don't implement the same rules for everybody, then they are going to lose their Platform status, and they are now publishers that can be sued. Just like CNN or Washington Post. I hope this forum has gone over the Publisher vs Platform debate so I don't have to explain that all.

Last edited:
These rats are censoring conservatives.

It is also an in-kind donation to the Democratic Party. Therefore in violation of campaign finance laws.
Interesting. I've kinda toyed around with that idea. The fact that these online giants are suppressing opposing viewpoints, and considering how big and influential they have become, it could be tantamount to influencing an election. And as you said, an "in kind" donation to the democratic candidate.

Having said that, I struggle with this, because I believe private business should be free to operate, legally, without interference from the government. These big companies should be allowed to operate as they see fit, no? If they want to only allow one viewpoint, should they be denied that? If the other side doesn't like it, then they should create a competing company to allow their viewpoints. As long as those other companies do not throw obstacles in their way that is.

Of course, if those companies are receiving some kind of benefit from the government because they claim to be arbiters of free speech and fair expression of different views, and they are not doing that, then the benefit needs to be removed.
While I agree with you in theory, most of those huge corporations that dominate the top of silicon valley's food chain and monopolize the industry, were made possible by the tax payer, and are in bed with the government and the intelligence agencies.

. . . thus, should they have a monopoly over propaganda and influencing the debate?

This Is Big!

Trump has no power to do this. Free speech rights only apply to governments. The Supreme Court has already ruled on this.

This Is Big!

Trump has no power to do this. Free speech rights only apply to governments. The Supreme Court has already ruled on this.

Did you read the EO? He has the authority to instruct the FCC, which is in the Executive Branch. He is not trying to impose anything on private companies. They can censor all they want, but if they do, they scan also be held liable for their content.

These rats are censoring conservatives.

It is also an in-kind donation to the Democratic Party. Therefore in violation of campaign finance laws.
Interesting. I've kinda toyed around with that idea. The fact that these online giants are suppressing opposing viewpoints, and considering how big and influential they have become, it could be tantamount to influencing an election. And as you said, an "in kind" donation to the democratic candidate.

Having said that, I struggle with this, because I believe private business should be free to operate, legally, without interference from the government. These big companies should be allowed to operate as they see fit, no? If they want to only allow one viewpoint, should they be denied that? If the other side doesn't like it, then they should create a competing company to allow their viewpoints. As long as those other companies do not throw obstacles in their way that is.

Of course, if those companies are receiving some kind of benefit from the government because they claim to be arbiters of free speech and fair expression of different views, and they are not doing that, then the benefit needs to be removed.
While I agree with you in theory, most of those huge corporations that dominate the top of silicon valley's food chain and monopolize the industry, were made possible by the tax payer, and are in bed with the government and the intelligence agencies.

. . . thus, should they have a monopoly over propaganda and influencing the debate?

This is why I struggle with an answer to this. As we can see, this is what happens when a company gets too close to the government. This is what happens when a company is given benefits by a government.

Here we have these giants who have been built as private companies, but have, in some cases, worked so closely with the government, and may have been given benefits by that government that have helped them grow, and they have become so very influential in everyone's lives.

On one hand, one would say that they should be allowed to run their business as they see fit, on the other hand, they have been allowed to become so powerful that they could, in fact, steer an election. How does one reconcile that? I have a hard time with that, as one who wants maximum freedom and liberty to exceed. It is a contradiction, and a paradox.

Censorship is fascist. Right, ANTIFA??
And it's exactly what tRump is trying to do.
Hey, they love their big, centralized government, authoritarian strongman. This is what they want.
I don't see that as an argument in good faith. Requiring a company to be open about it's procedures for banning doesn't seem like a overreach at all, or some kind of hostile government take over.

Is calling "FIRE!" in a crowded auditorium censorship?
Or shouting "BOMB" IN an airplane?I
Free speech cannot cause damage or injury to others.
Fake news and outright lies are damaging to rational communications, especially when ignorant people like you are involved.
I am amazed at how many like you get this so fucking wrong. Have you ever fucking bothered to read the Supreme Court opinion where Justice Oliver Windell Holmes Jr. made the anaology?

You know that case was partially overturned, correct?

It was about free speech and criticizing the draft. In both cases.

It had nothing to do with scientific discovery, and debate over potential treatments of a "deadly" virus. Shutting down that kind of speech is exactly what the first amendment is intended to protect against.

Now go back to parroting your talking points that you don't even understand.

And it's exactly what tRump is trying to do.
Hey, they love their big, centralized government, authoritarian strongman. This is what they want.
Most of the discussion in Yesterday's hearing was about the government-provided monopoly these corporations enjoy.

This executive order is likely unconstitutional, but since when has that stopped Trump… who is mockingly doing the same thing Obama did, and he may get the SCOTUS to make that order irreversible by the next administration (5 years from now) like they did on DACA, which will be a nice big fat FUCK YOU to the establishment...which is pretty much why we have Trump in the first place.

Trump went even further than I expected.
IOW, Baby Donald got his diaper in a twist over being humiliated when he re-tweeted those batshyte crazy nitwits promoting hydroxychloroquine as a cure for COVID. Not to mention that Jr got his wrist slapped pretty hard since he too re-tweeted the nonsense. So.........President Petulance took it personally. He thinks he and all the other right wing crazies should have the freedom to post lies, misinformed, and recklessly dangerous things for people's health.

This is very much needed and is a great move by President Trump

4b59915ecce0dee4bfa3f60680308695e4491ea42d23781bb3f10bd043621643.jpg

Forum List

Back