CDZ How would you peacefully sway a corrupt system?

How would you try to alter the course our corrupt political system is on?

• Call for a nationwide strike of the entire workforce

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Devise peaceful national protest demonstrations

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Pray and simply hope for the best

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pray, endure and wait for the big dogs to lose their tails (the world markets will take care of them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else please explain

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • No clue

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
Make it illegal to serve more than 2 terms in any Senate or Congressional seat. The President only gets two terms why should Other pols be able to live off the people forever. Repeal all laws that give lifetime benefits to Political figures at the Federal level. Americans shouldn't have to keep paying after they leave office.
How do we get the whole of the populous onboard to get this done?

Show them the truth. Not no cultsmasher truth, the truth about what our politicians have done.

Voted themselves the keys to the wealth of the country during Reagan's 2nd Congress.
Please explain for me for I can better understand this.
Really? OK.

This isn't the best, and it's late:

Reagan insider: 'GOP destroyed U.S. economy'

Is it legal for Congressional representatives to trade securities based on insider information? - Insider Trading by Congress - ProCon.org
I will go read them as soon as I get my peaches done. I knew that they had exempted themselves on trading stuff but I thought that was more recently.

No, there were 2 big blows to American representation.

The 1st one the Congress overrode Carter's veto. Carter did do the right thing in that instance.

The 2nd was Reagan's 2nd congress and they voted themselves immune from insider trading laws.
Fucking crooks!

Corrupt government are not voted out. They are not bought out. They are not legislated out. Corruption at the levels we have in the US is so intrinsically woven into the fabric of everything that the only way to cleanse the system is through fire.
Our system is at such a state of decay that those things which used to be done in secret are now out in the open. Yet no one seems to care.
Our leaders, at all levels are such poor quality, and overwhelming power, compared to those who served in their position half a century ago. This is not because they are both incompetent, and obtuse, which they are, but corrupt to the core. Their corruption and contravening interests will be the ultimate death of this nation.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure,”
-T. Jefferson

We get the government we deserve. We elected a corrupt flim-flam artist and we have a thoroughly dishonest executive who is corrupt beyond repair. The 2020 election may extricate us from this mess by voting the blob out of office but, even then, the Democrat will spend most of her/his time restoring the government

We get the government we deserve. We elected a corrupt flim-flam artist and we have a thoroughly dishonest executive who is corrupt beyond repair. The 2020 election may extricate us from this mess by voting the blob out of office but, even then, the Democrat will spend most of her/his time restoring the government

Orange man is the straightest man in government we've had for a long time, douchebag.
Probably since Truman.

Orange man is the straightest man in government we've had for a long time, douchebag.
Probably since Truman.
I agree to a point but there are some things like this appointment of Henry Kerner to the Special Counsel for the United States Office of Special Counsel that are very disheartening. That doesn't look like an act of "draining the swamp" to me.

I do agree that people do 'get what they deserve' but I am in total disagreement with your assessment of what the Democrats will do. Their track record just doesn't look to promising.

With huge truck loads of peaceful cash.

Make it illegal to serve more than 2 terms in any Senate or Congressional seat. The President only gets two terms why should Other pols be able to live off the people forever. Repeal all laws that give lifetime benefits to Political figures at the Federal level. Americans shouldn't have to keep paying after they leave office.
How do we get the whole of the populous onboard to get this done?

Show them the truth. Not no cultsmasher truth, the truth about what our politicians have done.

Voted themselves the keys to the wealth of the country during Reagan's 2nd Congress.
Please explain for me for I can better understand this.
Really? OK.

This isn't the best, and it's late:

Reagan insider: 'GOP destroyed U.S. economy'

Is it legal for Congressional representatives to trade securities based on insider information? - Insider Trading by Congress - ProCon.org
Reagan also gave a huge boost to the road we are on concerning the tainted chemically laden food and the lack of smaller local family farms. Reagan Signs Record Boost in Farm Subsidies

Still doing some reading and research. Thank you Marion!!!
First, that most Americans, 300 million, are helpless (some are but not the majority), will do nothing, sit in the bleachers passively watching this deadly partisan game like it's just another TV reality show.

Second, that, unfortunately, politicians are so deep-in-the-pockets of the Wall Street conspiracy that controls Washington they are helpless and blind. I agree

And third, there's a depressing sense that Stockman will be dismissed as a traitor, his message lost in the 24/7 news cycle ... until the final apocalyptic event, an unpredictable black swan triggers another, bigger global meltdown, followed by a long Great Depression II and a historic class war. More war is possible if the breaks are not put on soon. I'd like to see it stopped before it gets here.

Too funny. First, it is likely in the extreme that Trump will be reelected.

Second, the next Democrat president, whenever that occurs, will be buried under more accusations than even Gawd has ever seen, turnabout being fair play.

I do agree that people do 'get what they deserve' but I am in total disagreement with your assessment of what the Democrats will do. Their track record just doesn't look to promising.

If, for nothing else, can you not see how Trump is funneling thousands (if not millions) of dollars into his own companies whenever our taxpayer money is used to put our employees up at his hotels? Its corruption 101.

Profiting from the Presidency - CREW

Second, the next Democrat president, whenever that occurs, will be buried under more accusations than even Gawd has ever seen, turnabout being fair play.

Agree on both counts.

Which, of course, (the latter) is another form of corruption. Are you going to question the DNC’s nominee’s birthplace as well?

Probably since Truman.

When you’re inherently crooked, the blob will seem straight I suppose.

Agree on both counts.

Which, of course, (the latter) is another form of corruption. Are you going to question the DNC’s nominee’s birthplace as well?

Not before their sanity.

Rod says

1. The system was not corrupted by peaceable means.

2. Do you seriously believe that you can un-corrupt it peacefully?

3. If you do not know how it was corrupted then how can you possibly believe you have a peaceable solution?

What he is saying is to peacefully do it I guess we have to step up, piss fast, zip up and haul ass.

I recall how a few nasties on here wanted this little union abolished for sticking up for their rights. Small but powerful union is at center of port dispute
Not sure about everyone else but I think they did a bang up job. Here in the Midwest there were definitely some empty shelves. Nor sure about everyone else but personally if I were working on a dock I would demand that professionals that know what they are doing are working there. Those big old cranes, containers, and all that equipment isn't the kind of equipment I would want just anyone operating if I was working there.

If everyone went on strike against California lawmakers and their corrupt judiciary, etc. would it make a difference? I can't help but wonder.

If the whole labor pool of the country went on strike demanding Constitutional law and the Bill of Rights be followed would lawmakers, the mega-corps and corrupt bureaucrats get a clue? What would the corrupt lawyers do sue everyone?

You can't remove corruption by any means, short of removing all people from the system. All systems are inherently corrupt because people are inherently corrupt. The best you can do is try to keep it under control and the best way of doing that is through a strong and vocal opposition. Non-peaceful means simply eliminates the opposition and increases the corruption.

I would institute a system of recall for EVERY elected official. Make them earn the votes and pay attention to constituents first and foremost.

There already is a system of recall for elected officials and they have already earned the votes that got them into office. They already have to repeat earning those votes on a regular basis.

I once thought one solution was to get rid of elections entirely. Rather, have our officials conscripted in a draft to serve a specified period and then go home. There should be some standards, such as the ability to read, but no more of these popularity contests. They serve their time and they go home. But that has its own problems as it shifts a lot more power to the bureaucracy. Ultimately, you can't get away from the problem that it isn't the system that is causing the problem - it's the people in the system.

If, for nothing else, can you not see how Trump is funneling thousands (if not millions) of dollars into his own companies whenever our taxpayer money is used to put our employees up at his hotels? Its corruption 101.

Profiting from the Presidency - CREW
You are whining because the other billionaires like Blackstone and their cronies aren't getting their cut of what, where and how the Republicans decide they will hold their events or what? Where is your profile on where the DNC spends its money and all?

Forum List

Back