How should the US respond to China's upgrade of their navy's size and capabilities? (Poll)

How should the US respond to China's upgrade of their navy's size and capabilities?

• No action. There is no need to respond, the US navy is more modern and capable

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Ask allies to modernize and expand their navies.

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Just keep the same size navy but keep it battle-ready

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Expand the size of the US navy to meet the combined China + Russia navies

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Other, see my post...

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
At the last GOP debate there were questions regarding the sizes of China's navy vs the American navy.

They did NOT mention the new "Axis of Evil's" combined navies size, such as China + Russia. Should we hear alarm bells?

Most of the candidates promised to expand the US navy, without mentioning how they would pay for it.

This thread is examining the question, does the US need a bigger navy, or to tell our "allies" they need to upgrade their navies?

In a sea war around Taiwan China would have a home field advantage, concentrating their navy while the US navy is spread around the entire planet.

From the chart below it can be seen that the US has a large advantage in aircraft carriers and submarines.

But China is actively building a bigger and more capable navy, with the help of US businesses in China...

1699629367602.jpeg

I would ask US allies to upgrade and expand their navies, especially Japan, South Korea, and Australia. The US should not have to overspend just to play the world's cop. I would also tax and/or tariff US goods made in China since they are funding China's military expansion.

You've got to be kidding. Nobody would even consider a "conventional" war in a country with over a billion people. The idea is absurd.

And China does NOT have nukes like we do, they have an arsenal of 350 nukes. FFFTTTT. We on the other hand have 5,550 (1,389 active, 2,361 available, 1,800 retired).

At the last GOP debate there were questions regarding the sizes of China's navy vs the American navy.

They did NOT mention the new "Axis of Evil's" combined navies size, such as China + Russia. Should we hear alarm bells?

Most of the candidates promised to expand the US navy, without mentioning how they would pay for it.

This thread is examining the question, does the US need a bigger navy, or to tell our "allies" they need to upgrade their navies?

In a sea war around Taiwan China would have a home field advantage, concentrating their navy while the US navy is spread around the entire planet.

From the chart below it can be seen that the US has a large advantage in aircraft carriers and submarines.

But China is actively building a bigger and more capable navy, with the help of US businesses in China...

View attachment 856244

I would ask US allies to upgrade and expand their navies, especially Japan, South Korea, and Australia. The US should not have to overspend just to play the world's cop. I would also tax and/or tariff US goods made in China since they are funding China's military expansion.
I like 1 2 and 3

You've got to be kidding. Nobody would even consider a "conventional" war in a country with over a billion people. The idea is absurd.

And China does NOT have nukes like we do, they have an arsenal of 350 nukes. FFFTTTT. We on the other hand have 5,550 (1,389 active, 2,361 available, 1,800 retired).

Do we really? Does Russia really? I remember the number they told us Russia has when i was a kid freaked me out. Today I realize that's fake news. And we tell them fake news. If they say they have 100 we say we have 200. How many do we really have?

If you want to know just ask Trump. He'll tell you exactly how many we have. And how close they can get to a Russian sub before being detected.

The US Navy is in dire straights currently.
Recruiting is not meeting goals and hasn't for some time. They are paying huge signing bonuses. Mostly because of rotation issues....meaning that nobody is rotating home. You will get stuck at sea and remain there for 9 months at a time.

Building more boats?
Who are you going to get to man them?

Oh....one more thing to consider.

China is broke....as in bankrupt. It has no money. China can't afford to build new boats.

The US Navy is in dire straights currently.
Recruiting is not meeting goals and hasn't for some time. They are paying huge signing bonuses. Mostly because of rotation issues....meaning that nobody is rotating home. You will get stuck at sea and remain there for 9 months at a time.

Building more boats?
Who are you going to get to man them?
I was going to say the same thing. Just like we have 10 million unfilled jobs in America. I'm sure the military is having a tough time finding people who are desperate enough to risk their lives.

They should say if you serve 4 years you get a full ride to any university you can get into.

China has 1 aircraft carrier.
They are weak
Putin's failed war shows how weak China and Russia really are.

Republicans live in fear of everything (except our real enemy Russia because Trump told them to love Russia and they do whatever Trump says).

China has 1 aircraft carrier.
They are weak
Putin's failed war shows how weak China and Russia really are.

Republicans live in fear of everything (except our real enemy Russia because Trump told them to love Russia and they do whatever Trump says).
China has enough assets to potentially win a war in the south china sea

But not enough to guarantee victory against a combined allied fleet

Start a blacklist all mainland China goods and ask allies to so the same.

View attachment 856244

if they build those ships like they build their buildings and all the other shitty things they make we wont have anything to worry about....

I was going to say the same thing. Just like we have 10 million unfilled jobs in America. I'm sure the military is having a tough time finding people who are desperate enough to risk their lives.

They should say if you serve 4 years you get a full ride to any university you can get into.
how about they say when you get out we will put you up with a place to live so you dont have to live on the streets....

I voted to expand our space-based anti-shipping platforms ... surface ships are obsolete ... look what pissy little Ukwaine is doing to the big bad Russian Black Sea Fleet ... without space-based weapons platforms ...

Expand our own for the threat. I never want to be in a position of hey Europe can you help our we are screwed.

Id like more SSNs

Forum List

Back