How should the US respond to China's upgrade of their navy's size and capabilities? (Poll)

How should the US respond to China's upgrade of their navy's size and capabilities?

• No action. There is no need to respond, the US navy is more modern and capable

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Ask allies to modernize and expand their navies.

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Just keep the same size navy but keep it battle-ready

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Expand the size of the US navy to meet the combined China + Russia navies

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Other, see my post...

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
Trump put sanctions on Russia, Biden removed Trump's sanctions on Russia, 2 + 2 = 4. Moron.

yea nice try
Trump removed numerous sanctions and put on weak sanctions that were substantially weaker than even members of his party wanted.

Every step of the way Trump has praised and catered to help Putin on just about every issue.

I suspect that chins has materials the US cannot get elsewhere such as rare earth minerals

We need to disengage but only gradually
We have rare earth minerals, but tons of US regulations prohibits their economic extraction.

1699639228274.png

yea nice try
Trump removed numerous sanctions and put on weak sanctions that were substantially weaker than even members of his party wanted.

Every step of the way Trump has praised and catered to help Putin on just about every issue.
Don't you ever get tired of lying? I put up links proving my points, you keep typing horseshit.

We have rare earth minerals, but tons of US regulations prohibits their economic extraction.

View attachment 856313
Until recently decisions of trade were completely economic and rare earth minerals were cheaper coming from china

Free traders saw no danger in depending on china

Though not everyone has gotten the message that china is more enemy than trading partner, attitudes and policy are changing

Don't you ever get tired of lying? I put up links proving my points, you keep typing horseshit.
you put up fluff that has little merit

Biden let Russia build a gas pipeline, big whoop. Again you have no second level thinking, you have no ability to demonstrate intelligence and you fall for the gotcha BS everytime.

Trump repeatedly placated Russia, reducing their sanctions and refusing to add new sanctions when needed.

You cherry pick singular events and try to spin reality.

you put up fluff that has little merit
Biden let Russia build a gas pipeline, big whoop. Again you have no second level thinking, you have no ability to demonstrate intelligence and you fall for the gotcha BS every time.

Trump repeatedly placated Russia, reducing their sanctions and refusing to add new sanctions when needed. You cherry pick singular events and try to spin reality.
1. NordStream2 is a very big gas pipeline that Russia/Putin used to fund their military. Biden is a traitor.
Trump stopped it, Biden enabled it. It is a major fuckup for "always wrong" Biden.

2. Reality is that Trump signed the Bill into Law. The State Department wanted the enforcement delayed slightly. Not a Trump holdup.
From your link:
"Trump, who wanted warmer ties with Moscow and had opposed the legislation as it worked its way through Congress, signed it reluctantly in August, just six months into his presidency.
But citing long time frames associated with major defense deals, Heather Nauert said it was better to wait to impose those sanctions."
But the sanctions were imposed.

3. Trump didn't placate Russia, that was Biden, as Hunter pocked a cool $3,500,000 from the Moscow mayor's wife to get out from US sanctions.
"House Committee on Oversight and Accountability Chairman James Comer (R-Ky.) today released a third bank records memorandum detailing new information obtained in the Committee’s investigation into the Biden family’s influence peddling schemes. The memorandum outlines how the Bidens and their business associates received millions from oligarchs in Russia, Kazakhstan, and Ukraine during Joe Biden’s vice presidency. After Hunter Biden received millions of dollars in payments, then-Vice President Joe Biden dined with his son’s foreign associates in Washington, D.C. Devon Archer, Hunter Biden’s former business partner, recently testified that then-Vice President Joe Biden was “the brand” sold to enrich the Biden family and was used to send “signals” of access, power, and influence."

At the last GOP debate there were questions regarding the sizes of China's navy vs the American navy.

They did NOT mention the new "Axis of Evil's" combined navies size, such as China + Russia. Should we hear alarm bells?

Most of the candidates promised to expand the US navy, without mentioning how they would pay for it.

This thread is examining the question, does the US need a bigger navy, or to tell our "allies" they need to upgrade their navies?

In a sea war around Taiwan China would have a home field advantage, concentrating their navy while the US navy is spread around the entire planet.

From the chart below it can be seen that the US has a large advantage in aircraft carriers and submarines.

But China is actively building a bigger and more capable navy, with the help of US businesses in China...

View attachment 856244

I would ask US allies to upgrade and expand their navies, especially Japan, South Korea, and Australia. The US should not have to overspend just to play the world's cop. I would also tax and/or tariff US goods made in China since they are funding China's military expansion.

We need to expand our numbers and get the other lame asses around the world to increase their navies...and make them also blue water navies instead of simply coastal defense navies.

At the last GOP debate there were questions regarding the sizes of China's navy vs the American navy.

They did NOT mention the new "Axis of Evil's" combined navies size, such as China + Russia. Should we hear alarm bells?

Most of the candidates promised to expand the US navy, without mentioning how they would pay for it.

This thread is examining the question, does the US need a bigger navy, or to tell our "allies" they need to upgrade their navies?

In a sea war around Taiwan China would have a home field advantage, concentrating their navy while the US navy is spread around the entire planet.

From the chart below it can be seen that the US has a large advantage in aircraft carriers and submarines.

But China is actively building a bigger and more capable navy, with the help of US businesses in China...

View attachment 856244

I would ask US allies to upgrade and expand their navies, especially Japan, South Korea, and Australia. The US should not have to overspend just to play the world's cop. I would also tax and/or tariff US goods made in China since they are funding China's military expansion.

I think we have 11 aircraft carriers. China has 2. Ours are run on nuclear power. China's operate on diesel. Ours are vastly superior.

We need to expand our numbers and get the other lame asses around the world to increase their navies...and make them also blue water navies instead of simply coastal defense navies.
WTF are we supposed to use for money? Most of our cash is going to pay interest on the Debt.

I think we have 11 aircraft carriers. China has 2. Ours are run on nuclear power. China's operate on diesel. Ours are vastly superior.
True. However, invading Taiwan is a home game for China they don't need aircraft carriers there.

What struck a nerve for me was Chris Christie saying he would launch a nuclear strike on China from US submarines if China invaded Taiwan.

Nuclear war with China? Or some other alternative, like conventional war?

View attachment 856244

What we need to do most desperately is get the woke Democrats out of the White House and out of the military as quickly as that reasonably can be done. And we need to get Donald Trump or a good facsimile into the White House as quickly as that can reasonably be done.

That is our best defense against an increasing strong and dangerous China or any other potential military enemy. Or economic enemy for that matter.

We need competent people assessing the risks and threat and responding accordingly.

What we need to do most desperately is get the woke Democrats out of the White House and out of the military as quickly as that reasonably can be done. And we need to get Donald Trump or a good facsimile into the White House as quickly as that can reasonably be done.
That is our best defense against an increasing strong and dangerous China or any other potential military enemy. Or economic enemy for that matter.
We need competent people assessing the risks and threat and responding accordingly.
What people need to factor into their thinking is that the US has reached the limit on our credit card.

Interest on the Debt is crowding out budget items, probably even "Mandatory Spending" items.

The choice may come down to the social safety net, entitlements, or Defense?

If we go back to the 2021 budget of $4T we'd need to cut about $3T. Its insane what the dems did to the recent Budgets.

True. However, invading Taiwan is a home game for China they don't need aircraft carriers there.

What struck a nerve for me was Chris Christie saying he would launch a nuclear strike on China from US submarines if China invaded Taiwan.

Nuclear war with China? Or some other alternative, like conventional war?

Yeah, I don't want a nuclear war with anyone but I see this just continuing to escalate with china taking advantage of our dysfunctional state next year.

1. NordStream2 is a very big gas pipeline that Russia/Putin used to fund their military. Biden is a traitor.
Trump stopped it, Biden enabled it. It is a major fuckup for "always wrong" Biden.

2. Reality is that Trump signed the Bill into Law. The State Department wanted the enforcement delayed slightly. Not a Trump holdup.
From your link:
"Trump, who wanted warmer ties with Moscow and had opposed the legislation as it worked its way through Congress, signed it reluctantly in August, just six months into his presidency.
But citing long time frames associated with major defense deals, Heather Nauert said it was better to wait to impose those sanctions."
But the sanctions were imposed.

3. Trump didn't placate Russia, that was Biden, as Hunter pocked a cool $3,500,000 from the Moscow mayor's wife to get out from US sanctions.
"House Committee on Oversight and Accountability Chairman James Comer (R-Ky.) today released a third bank records memorandum detailing new information obtained in the Committee’s investigation into the Biden family’s influence peddling schemes. The memorandum outlines how the Bidens and their business associates received millions from oligarchs in Russia, Kazakhstan, and Ukraine during Joe Biden’s vice presidency. After Hunter Biden received millions of dollars in payments, then-Vice President Joe Biden dined with his son’s foreign associates in Washington, D.C. Devon Archer, Hunter Biden’s former business partner, recently testified that then-Vice President Joe Biden was “the brand” sold to enrich the Biden family and was used to send “signals” of access, power, and influence."
Trump was forced to sign it by his party, but opposed it every step of the way
You ignore all the sanction easing Trump did.

Its laughable to try and lie and act like Trump was tough on Russia, he enabled and placated them every step possible. This is what it take to be a republican, you must live in a fantasy land because the facts are too vicioous for you to handle

Every aspect of your life revolves around lies and manipulation involving your devotion to Trump. A man that lost the election and still can't admit he lost and there was no fraud.

What people need to factor into their thinking is that the US has reached the limit on our credit card.

Interest on the Debt is crowding out budget items, probably even "Mandatory Spending" items.

The choice may come down to the social safety net, entitlements, or Defense?

If we go back to the 2021 budget of $4T we'd need to cut about $3T. Its insane what the dems did to the recent Budgets.
That's part of it. Republicans sometimes lose on these insane 'stimulus' or other off budget trillion dollar spending bills the Democrats force on us. But they don't introduce them.

The Philippines are doing just that.

Trump was forced to sign it by his party, but opposed it every step of the way
You ignore all the sanction easing Trump did.

Its laughable to try and lie and act like Trump was tough on Russia, he enabled and placated them every step possible. This is what it take to be a republican, you must live in a fantasy land because the facts are too vicious for you to handle

Every aspect of your life revolves around lies and manipulation involving your devotion to Trump. A man that lost the election and still can't admit he lost and there was no fraud.
1. There was no sanction easing by Trump. Trump imposed sanctions on NordStream2, then Biden removed them. No one forces Trump to sign anything.

2. From your own links, Trump signed the sanctions but the State department wanted to DELAY implementing them, but they were imposed.

3. Read my post #46 again. Your lies can't defeat the truth. The Biden Crime Family are traitors.

1. There was no sanction easing by Trump. Trump imposed sanctions on NordStream2, then Biden removed them. No one forces Trump to sign anything.

2. From your own links, Trump signed the sanctions but the State department wanted to DELAY implementing them, but they were imposed.

3. Read my post #46 again. Your lies can't defeat the truth. The Biden Crime Family are traitors.
you can't admit Trump lost the election and is lying about fraud, therefor you have no credibility at all, and your lies mean nothing

The evidence is too overwhelming, Trump placated Putin and eased sanctions whenever possible. Anything you try to say contrary are more of your lies, as you are a proven liar with no credibility

You see how your election fraud lies exposes you...

Forum List

Back