How Does Your State Rank in Church Attendance?

150219_ChurchPoll1.png

This ought to give the atheists and leftists lots of ammo against the Bible-thumping cons. Utah is certainly no surprise. California with “average” is surprising but note Nevada. For a state where Mormons dominate politics, that's pretty amazing.

Read story @ How Does Your State Rank in Church Attendance

I really don't give a crap what people do with their free time. It's none of my business.

I also realize that walking into a building does not make one a better person.

It's no surprise that the poor red welfare states would have a higher church attendance. What's amusing is when you drive through small towns that have a church on one side, and a bar on the other.
In our small town we have 4 churches and 4 bars....both open at 7am....

And I think if you're going to believe something on faith you have to look very hard and very long and you have to question everything.

:dunno:

Like the virgin birth story. What makes you believe that? Fairytale.
The very definition of Fait
And I think if you're going to believe something on faith you have to look very hard and very long and you have to question everything.

Like the virgin birth story. What makes you believe that? Fairytale.
The very definition of Faith

Are you suggesting that faith and gulliblity are the same thing?
Blessed is he that believes without seeing
Exactly what a fake cult without proof would say dummy.

Its so obvious when you question your faiths stories with an open mind. But not easy because our parents and our society has brainwashed us talking about god as if its a fact. Its a lie.

Just because our parents believed and their parents and their parent and so on...doesn't mean its true. Prove it to me. You can't. Its why you threaten people with hell to scare them into compliance. You dont even realize it. That's how powerful the mind fuck they got you under is.
I threaten and scare people?

If you feel threatened or scared, that's what I would call guilt
No guilt at all and hell doesnt scare me because I'm not stupid enough to believe it. Not 1 bit.

Its so obvious when you question your faiths stories with an open mind. But not easy because our parents and our society has brainwashed us talking about god as if its a fact. Its a lie.

Just because our parents believed and their parents and their parent and so on...doesn't mean its true. Prove it to me. You can't. Its why you threaten people with hell to scare them into compliance. You dont even realize it. That's how powerful the mind fuck they got you under is.

No guilt at all and hell doesnt scare me because I'm not stupid enough to believe it. Not 1 bit.
You shouldn't be scared by hell.
I, for one, don't believe you're going.
That's why I didn't understand how I threaten and scare people.
I can't believe that my loving Father would punish me for eternity over a few years of bad choices
:cool:

I can't believe that my loving Father would punish me for eternity over a few years of bad choices
Then you should quit the church if you don't agree. You belong to a sadistic cult. You don't get to cherry pick. We call that being a cafe christian.

Then you should quit the church if you don't agree. You belong to a sadistic cult. You don't get to cherry pick. We call that being a cafe christian.

I call it interpreting Hades as pit, or grave

Are we counting people who attend or people who go out of habit and think about other stuff while their pastor or priest bloviates about whatever? Are we counting the Easter and Christmas only crowd?

The demographics of this study would be interesting to see broken down by race and income and denomination.

I was once stationed at Dyess AFB in Abilene, Texas. I was somewhat unfamiliar with small town Texas culture but did understand what a Dry County was.

I remember, at the time the population was around 100K and there were over 200 churches in the town. Every one was filled to the rafters every sabbath. And the very few non-Christian ones too.

Why was I not surprised to read news that the mayor, police chief, and three preachers were arrested by the county sheriff in a little non-dry enclave called Impact for gambling and having Ladies of the Night with them?

150219_ChurchPoll1.png

This ought to give the atheists and leftists lots of ammo against the Bible-thumping cons. Utah is certainly no surprise. California with “average” is surprising but note Nevada. For a state where Mormons dominate politics, that's pretty amazing.

Read story @ How Does Your State Rank in Church Attendance

More enpoverished states have greater church-going. In effect, the more a place sucks, the better religions do.

Why Is Mississippi More Religious Than New Hampshire Psychology Today

"New Hampshire is the least religious state in the union and Mississippi is the most religious according to Gallup data. A minority of New Hampshire residents see religion as being important in their daily lives (46 percent) in contrast to a large majority of Mississippians (85 percent). How can such huge differences be explained?

In sub-Saharan Africa, where the quality of life is abysmal, almost everyone is religious (1). The quality of life is much better in Europe and religion is at a very low ebb.

This raises the question of whether New Hampshire resembles Europe in having a good quality of life and weak religion. Is Mississippi more like sub-Saharan Africa in having a lower quality of life and stronger religion?"
I would rather be in any of the darker green states than the North East. The people are better, happier, friendlier and all around good to be around. The North East is a miserable place with nasty people. I don't think it's a coincidence they are also the least religious.

Forum List

Back